It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How do people know the right religion? You can NOT possibly 100% believe that your religion is the right one when there are so many others that could possibly be the right one. I myself am an atheist and I would love to believe in reincarnation but thats not going to happen because i like thinking logical rather than leading my life by a book written by people that were probably dying of dehydration and they were living most of there life in the extreme heat of the day.

I have reason to be an atheist. My reason is if there is a higher being or beings why did they make the other planets out there. And why is it that in the bible it says god created all things EVERYTHING and yet he tells you to not look to the stars because it is doing wrong to him. He could have simply not made a star system.

Another thing, if there is a god and the bible is true. Wouldn't you rather live forever with a being who tried to better heaven and thought he was pretty instead of a being who hates those who rebel against him. If he hates that then why didn't he just not make them like that because well he made us all according to the bible.

Think about the religions of today and think about the greeks religion. What would you say if a different religion came along and called yours a myth (like what im kinda doing right now) because thats what allll the other religions did to the greeks we call their beliefs myth because it seems so wrong but to the atheists and people that dont believe in god. Your religion seems like a myth. All religions seem like little stories you tell your children before they go to sleep just to make them behave better.

Oh and to the believers that say my life would be better and happier if I believed, I know it would not because i did believe at one point in time until i quit listening to what it said and i actually questioned it and started wondering. By doing that I now do NOT believe in any religion.

I would rather believe that aliens came to earth before humans existed and wrote the bible and wrote all the commandments and things like that so that when they created us and left us on a planet they made habitable that we wouldn't kill or harm each other and they put the part about not looking to the stars for answers because they don't want us to know they are out there.

Maybe the only reason they are visiting earth more frequently now is because we have people that aren't just doing what these religions say. We have people looking for the truth and looking to the stars exploring. Maybe they are coming here because they see that their plan isn't working and they are going to have to tell us the truth. That seems more believable than what all these religions suggest.

Who knows maybe thats the truth. It would make more since if they created us because in these books of religion it says they made us in their image. So maybe they look like us to. No body knows but that does seem more realistic than ANY religion i have ever heard of. Still I am an atheist.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
they know their religion is 100% right because its what their holy book says. and their holy books are infallible. all those other religions are just wrong. the TRUE holy book says so.

get ready for either, extensive arguments from people who wont take anything you say into consideration, or few replies at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is all about probability. The probability that there is ...

1. A god
2. A giant intergalactic immortal lobster called Colin

.. is exactly the same. There is no scientific proof or theistic argument that would prove god over Colin. If Colin is considered absurd, then so must god be.

I've yet to receive a response from a theist. i wonder why?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I know. Thats what people do when they dont want to think about what seems more likely than there beliefs. Thanks for not flaming me though.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Yes exactly im glad some people see what im saying. You could tell people there was an invisible elephant that was watching you at all times. You cant touch it see it or hear it but i wrote a book about it. they wouldnt believe me because obviously im lying just like the books they believe now.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I approach my religion with the idea that I may be wrong.
I back that up with the idea that if I am wrong, I'm in good company.
Everyone has their path to walk, and how they walk it and where they're going is their choice.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

But why waste what a precious life you have worshiping something that might not even exist. I know i might go to hell if god is real but hey so will EVERY person that doesnt believe in the right religion. Im willing to risk it. I believe 100% that god or any other religion isnt real. But i respect your beliefs but seriously dont you ever worry that you are wasting your life ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

I worship in my head. A prayer every now and then, and the time most people spend at church for most Christians is less than most people waste on television and video games.

As for me personally, I'm a amateur archaeologist, semi-professional computer technician, and study three forms of martial arts on my my days off.
Also get active on digs whenever they are in the area.

Not counting friends and family time, of course.

So... no. I don't feel my time is wasted. People who go to Church mostly enjoy it. Time you've spent having fun isn't wasted.
Taking a particularly large view, regarding any time you spend, it's ultimately worthless on Earth, regardless fo wether there is a right or wrong religion.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I see what your saying but I guess its where i have went to church before and i didnt like it because no one would accept something other than what the believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Man this Earth is truly set for antichrist arrival. We live in this age where religion is nomore, aliens are believed, and false doctrines are everywhere infesting peoples minds.

This has been predicted ages ago, this exact age, almost pinpointing the amount of rebelion and idol minded creations.

atleast the OP doesn't hate us religious people which i respect.

You need to read up about aliens. They would have taken us over centuries ago. And if they had a truly larger technology they would create a planet 10 times better then this.

They wouldn't play around with humans and the like for amusement.

I bleive that Tesla came up with the designs for alien ship back in the early 1900s, the gov didn't want anybody to know about the energy they were using to create these ships and what was inside of them so they used them as a project.

which again, satan is gonna use in the end times with antichrist. our secret govs have that technology, they made the alien ships for tests.

and some prophecies say that the aliens are either gov pfficials or decoys or like dummies created to furhter create that delusion.

Now as for the planets.

why not? Wait till the end then ask God why he created other planets. That doesn't disprove him at all.

The reason people like me have faith, real faith, is because what I have seen in my lifetime. The miracles, with my aunt, my uncle, myself, and reading about countless saints who seen God face to face.

the countless stigmatas who bleed for 50 years strait the wounds of christ, the countless eaucharistic miracles which scientists have tesed in italy.

The countless miracles Christ worked.

Our bodies nature, the complexity of it all.

and so it's not no longer faith to me but proof. This is how saints became saints.

they didn't weary, nor grow weak in faith, but their faith became proof and they talked to God in ecstasies and seen him face to face some raising dead people to life and others bearing his wounds.

this is what satan does to souls. He weakins their faith which is where we are now on this earth, the age of faithlessness and causes a complete spiritless society.

this is why this earth and culture is so ruthless today.

we are on the verge of the literal antichrist and a global communism, a global currnecy.

so what i say to you OP, don't stay close minded to his existence because I swear on my life you will come face to face with christ at the judgement seat.

you have a good amount of sincerity in the OP, just don't lose it.

peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I didnt ask for this kind of a response. I want open minded people's response and if you say aliens arent real you are obviously ignoring facts and sticking to a little storybook. called the bible. Sorry jesus is not real to me. You believe all you want. I have had my days of believing and im happier without him. Everyone will see one day. If you are going to say something to anger me and make me feel more like you are as stubborn as the typical christian then do NOT reply to this.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Im sorry but honestly i hate it when people like you who are so stubborn and stuck up to reality and live in a world where when you die you go to a mythical place called heaven are like this. You dont accept ANYTHING but jesus and god. I know ALOT about religion and honestly you have absolutely no logical proof of this god of yours dont say the bible because i explained that up there. I only want open minded responses but seems like thats not going to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i wonder what religion people would categorize me in hmm,

The bible is a rubbing point for me to be honest it was written by man and therefor fallible to mans interpretations of its writings for example give the same bible to 2 groups of people lets say catholics and Christians, both groups will come back at you with 2 different responses to its teachings. Both groups will tell you that there god is the true god, both groups have went to war over their beliefs (as has many others), me, id tell these people that they both have it wrong and right.

Me on the other hand well.. i like to learn and understand the greater workings of the mythical, mystical realms of our world, do i believe in a one true god? no i don't BUT i do believe that there is a higher power/energy that guides every living thing in this world and we are all part of that. I believe that no 1 being/energy whatever has control over anything, i think that there are many different things at work here that keep the ball rolling. For example to build a house it takes a group of people to envision, create, and ultimately finish it, they all have there part to do for the completion to take place. know what i mean?

Take another example in many old cultures they was never one being/god, there was many for example the Greeks worshiped Aphrodite, Apollo, zeus to name a few who worked in conjunction with each other.

i became a wiccan years ago for its teachings in showing and having respect for nature and whats around us, but i wouldn't say i am a wiccan fanatic i have many beliefs on this worlds creation and what could be this worlds demise. i look, learn and understand the inner and outer workings around us and our lives. So is there A God? i dont think so but i believe there is ultimate forces/energys that push us forward in this life. Everything works in conjunction with each other, the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly without one there can be no other.

If i was to say i worshiped anything it would be mother nature, life, the mysterious forces around us, and knowledge and understanding without truly understanding anything the energy within us cannot evolve.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
How do people know the right religion?

For me it's not religion, it is a relationship with Jesus Christ.
He is the embodiment of all truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

This is all about probability. The probability that there is ...

1. A god
2. A giant intergalactic immortal lobster called Colin

.. is exactly the same. There is no scientific proof or theistic argument that would prove god over Colin. If Colin is considered absurd, then so must god be.

I've yet to receive a response from a theist. i wonder why?

There is absolutely no sense to your logic. First there isn't "A" God...there is just God. People can certainly call Him what they want.

You are comparing the source of all that is to some goofy lobster from outer space. You're just mocking the topic and attempting to make it look like logic.

God makes sense...He is logical.
Immortal lobsters are illogical.

You ask why no theists have replied yet. Probably because they didn't want to be bothered since your story included Lobsters from Mars. Wasn't that David Bowie's backup band in the 70's?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

You have no proof of God. He has no proof of that lobster. But yet neither have proof either is wrong to. Its the same thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

I respect answers like this. Im an atheist and I dont follow a religion but i have respect for those who do. I dont have respect for those people who dont even think about what im saying just because they are afraid to question there leader.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I believe there is the way of the universe. Basically I believe in Cause And Effect. You do something therefore it changes everything in the future. Even thinking about the future can change it. But I dont believe in a being or a GOD controls us and our future I dont believe a god exists either.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

You have no proof of God. He has no proof of that lobster. But yet neither have proof either is wrong to. Its the same thing.

We have historical facts that Christ walked the earth, did miracles, was crucified and rose again from the dead from over 16 "non-Christian" ancient sources.
There has to be a creator because something cannot come from nothing and that is a logical statement.
Plus I would like to tell you that God demonstrated His love for you by sending His Son to die in your place.
God loved you to the extreme!!!

[edit on 7/16/2009 by texastig]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

I dont believe in god and i dont believe his son did all those things you do not have historical proof he did those things i bet he was a normal person. IM not changing my religion i dont have one because its more logical and im alot happier without one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join