It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men really prefer blondes. The psychology behind it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Pamela Anderson is the smartest blonde Ive ever seen.

I would likely find any explanation of that statement very entertaining...

[edit on 16/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
haha thats great

pam anderson the smartest blond ever

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Takka]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, I'm confused... I'm a man yet I really prefer brunettes! I have nothing against blondes but when I find myself looking at a woman twice, she's invariably brunette.

IRM

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I do not particularly agree with blondes being preferred.

I strongly prefer brunettes to blondes myself and if they have blue eyes all the better.

I must say though, my father tried to impart wisdom to me once but I tend to ignore his wisdom at times, he said "Son, never trust anything that hemorrhages for more than an hour and still lives"

You can tell I had a great mother.

My father is now divorced and my mother was blonde

Maybe that did have an effect after all

As for some of the replies, I have a feeling we have some closet female trekkie fans posting, whos your captain

[edit on 16-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

lol you know *hold hands to chest in cupping action* SMART!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that in my 30 + years of life....most men I know (friends, relationships) do NOT prefer blonde.

And to add to the blonde topic...it is not true.....blondes do not have more fun. I have been many many shades, and there is not one shade over the other that caused any different reaction towards me nor affected anything in my life.

[edit on July 16th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I did a quick search on google and look at this...

Ladies, if you want to attract the love and devotion of a very rich man, become a brunette.

In a study whose scientific value is questionable -- but let's play along just for the fun of it, OK? -- Lycos, a dating site in the United Kingdom, checked out the hair color of the wives of 100 of the world's billionaires.

It turns out that 62 percent of this sample of billionaires have wives with brown hair, including Microsoft head honcho Bill Gates' wife, Melinda French Gates. Coming in second were blondes at 22 percent, while those with raven-colored hair attracted 16 percent of the world's wealthiest men. Oddly, not a single billionaire was married to a redhead.

You may scoff at this survey, but it's not the first time that men have been shown to prefer dark-haired women. In 2004, researchers from Florida State University determined that when it comes to women's hair, men like this best: long, thick and brown.

Why? It's biological. Men are programmed to find a fertile mate, and lead researcher Dr. Kelley Kline thinks long, thick hair is a signal that a woman is strong, young and healthy. This is the first research to look solely at hair length -- and no other facial features -- to measure female sex appeal.

In this study, 50 men and 76 women whose average age was 27 rated the attractiveness of women who were depicted in six different photographs. Three of the photos were of the same young, Caucasian woman who had the same facial expression, but her hair was altered by computer to short, medium and long lengths. Short was really short -- cut close to the head and above the ears. Medium length was just a bit below the ears. Long was at least eight inches below the shoulders.

Both men and women found the long hair to be "overwhelmingly" more attractive than the short or medium-length hair. When women were asked to rate the length of men's hair, the vast majority preferred short or very short haircuts. Kline says men with long hair may be perceived by women as being less virile.

There was one other interesting finding: Men preferred brunettes over blondes. "At least in our study, gentlemen do not prefer blondes. They prefer brunettes," Kline told Reuters. "Its kind of an interesting finding, considering that in our society we concentrate on the blonde. It's so pervasive."

forum.purseblog.com...

Makes me wonder if these studies are carried about by females with opposing hair colours

Better rush to get your brunette hair ladies and a set of blue contacts if you want to beat the financial blues.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

[edit on 16/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

Google can be so entertaining these days, absolutely filled with mindless wonders.

Have a read of this....

Q: Is Pamela Anderson smart?

wiki.answers.com...

I am really bored today in case your wondering how on earth I found this.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Dark Ghost

Sorry man, look at the media these days, almost every girl has fake breasts, bleach blonde hair and cologene lips. 99.9% of them act like idiots! Yess, I am brunette with brown eyes, most guys Ive spoken to are mostly attracted to blondes because they are soooo easy to get in the sac.

On the contrary, Pamela Anderson is the smartest blonde Ive ever seen.

I am not a jelous person at all, and wouldnt ever think of going blonde or having implants. I just feel sorry for the idiotic majoraty of women who do it for attention and money.

Peace!

People in the media might be like that, but the everyday people around me that I see at the supermarket, mall, newsagency etc. do not fit that description. Yes, there are some woman who seem to place more importance on trying to look good than others, but definitely nothing like you have described above. And women in general do not seem to be in competition with each other like those certain few portrayed in the media.

I do not think you are jealous either, maybe you are too focused on others than yourself maybe? Probably being too hard on yourself. Those guys you spoke of were probably just horny at the time and did not consider your question in terms of a partner as opposed to an easy screw.

Everyday I see better looking, fitter, more muscular males pass me by. A small part of me might be jealous, especially if he is with an attractive female companion. But at the end of the day, I am who I am and either somebody else will find me attractive or not. Just the way things work.

PS: I am single atm, but am certain that the next person I am with will find faults and things to dislike about me, just like any other individual. I don't mind returning the favour

I'll end with a funny quote from Mark Hoppus:
"My love life was getting so bland,
There are only so many ways I can make love with my hand.
Sometimes it makes me want to laugh,
Sometimes I want to take my toaster in the bath..."

[edit on 16/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

PS: I am single atm, but am certain that the next person I am with will find faults and things to dislike about me, just like any other individual. I don't mind returning the favour

[edit on 16/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

Thats the whole point of it, is it not.

Finding someone who has qualities you do not and vice versa. If your finding people who point differences out as flaws there not worth you time to be honest.

That came across awfully depressing to me anyways.

Chin up

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'll have to throw my lot in with the "not so much" category of guys being more attracted to blondes.

Give me a redhead covered in freckles and I'm a happy man. I like the ginger girls.

Unfortunately for me they're somewhat rare.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DropInABucket

Are you a Scot ? I was reading that over 90% of people with the red head gene come from Scotland .
Not that I mind red heads , they are very unique imo and quite attractive also, freckles and all . If they have a good figure & cute face then your laughing

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My husband is a man. He prefers brunettes, which I am.

I asked him why and he said he doesn't know, he just prefers brunettes.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Your husband is a man ? well I would hope so

So basically this whole theory of men preferring blonds with fair skin and blue eyes has been shot out of the water !
Basically no one here has said they prefer that !
Make me wonder who does these studies and how they come about their conclusions .
But like I said earlier , if we where to ask men in say a place like India , China Arab , Mediterranean, or whatever , the men there might have a different point of view , seeing as those types are rare there

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Takka]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't think blondes are more attractive, personally. My girl is a lighter brunette. Doesn't seem like hair color should matter, but in this materialistic world, it doesn't surprise me either.

I agree....dark haired girl, and light eyes.

I read a post where they said they're seeing more and more muscled up men with prettier women. It seems that the T.V. is pushing society to a level where outside beauty is better than inside. Obviously. Look at most T.V. shows. Not too many normal, average people. Although it is healthy to workout and be active, it seems its almost frowned upon if you don't. Well, by todays standards.

What am I saying...everybody on T.V. are pushed to be fake.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I personally find blondes the least attractive for some reason.

Now that I think about I have dated brunettes and girls with red, purple, black, blue, pink, green but I have never dated a blonde.

Kinda weird, not that I wouldn't just never have.

Redheads are number 1 they are like crack to me
, I wonder what that means

[edit on 16-7-2009 by drock905]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hats off to you. I've always felt a bit sorry for the blood-nutted gingers who walk among us, especially the freckled, crusty eye-browed ones...but I'm relieved there are people like you who find them physically attractive.

Not being mean to you, just it is good that there is such diversity in what people find attractive. I much prefer brunettes - went out with blondes before, but have zero desire to ever do it again, purely because I prefer darker features in women. Black hair is my favourite.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think you are all reading way to much into the whole blond thing.

To my mind blonde hair is brighter and therfore reflects more light making it more eye catching pure and simple.

This can be further extended - in white cultures darker skin attractive the eye as it is different and similarly in darker skinned cultures, white people catch the eye.

So to sum up I think it is more to do with drawing attention than anything else.

As a Scot, I can tell you wearing a kilt draws women like a magnet and it also provides an instant talking point - usually 'are you wearing anything under it?' Many a good evening/night in a kilt

I have seen this tried by others just wearing a skirt and it has the same effect, give people a reason to talk to you and half the battle is won.

P.S. I'm mostly bald, shaved at side and have a Scottish accent. Brown hair with distinguished touches of grey these days

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I never understood this. Blond hair has always been a turn off for me. I'm a young guy with brown hair. I prefer girls who have darker hair, but it's a case by case basis.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takka

Are you a Scot ? I was reading that over 90% of people with the red head gene come from Scotland .

I'm American but of Scottish and Irish decent. Maybe I should move to Scotland, but if I am surrounded by beautiful ginger women 24/7 my brain might short circuit.

And to reply to the Scotsman, as a fellow kilt wearer (on occasions, they don't let me at work) I will vouch for their magical powers of attraction with women.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join