It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Us Out of Afghanistan NOW!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
How much longer is this going to go on?

Another 'major offensive' against the 'Taliban.'

"the bloodiest month on record for U.S. troops in Afghanistan.'

Why, why, WHY?

Br. Obama, you are needlessly allowing our men and women to DIE in a country that we have no business in.

GET US OUT NOW!!!

Hey Spooks, tell your handler to get us out!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Look the America populace is in general a bunch of morons. I 've been reamed for saying this but you cannot support the war while supporting the troops. People that separate the two are hypocrites. I don't support the war or the troops. But the funny thing is by not supporting the war and the troops I actually support them more than anyone else. I want to bring the troops home, give them the medical care they need, get them back to their families etc. Let's support our troops back home. Until the troops start to speak up nothing will change. The top commanders need to start speaking up as well. But most of our military commanders are just politicians wearing the uniform.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The only thing I can suggest is continue trying (assuming you already have tried) to contact your Congressional representative and express your grievance.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A.M.L.

I find this medium woefully inadequate to express my anger. I find my anger disturbing. I want to go back to sleep.

I've found some very good threads on the real story about Afghanistan here on ATS. I'm trying to learn all I can, but it hurts. My sheep screams out 'look away!'

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After opposing the surge in Iraq, Obama saw how effective it was and now is using the same tactic in Afghanistan.

Want us out of Afghanistan? The encourage them to get the job done! Victory is the fastest way out.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Another 'major offensive' against the 'Taliban.'

"the bloodiest month on record for U.S. troops in Afghanistan.'

So far, the US has lost 24 troops in A-stan. Total Coalition casualities are 46. Tuesday, three troops were killed, one US Soldier killed by an IED, two Turks killed in a traffic accident.

You're going to get more casualities anytime you have an offensive. It's just the way things are.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Want us out of Afghanistan? The encourage them to get the job done! Victory is the fastest way out.

What is 'victory?' When does it stop? I want the troops to kick the crap out of anyone trying to hurt them. I just don't understand why we're still there.

I'm aware that casualties will increase in an offensive. What I'm not aware of is ONE VALID REASON for the United States of America to be fighting a 'war' in Afghanistan.

I don't have any relatives who live there. I don't own stock in any companies based there. No one I KNOW has any business or personal interests in Afghanistan, except the fear of losing sons and daughters fighting over there.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

And how do you define victory???????? We don't have victory in Iraq but we have a multibillion dollar embassy. There is no victory in the war on terror. But keep drinking the kool aid - must taste good!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The UK just lost 6 troops in a few days.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There will never be the victory the USA and UK want in Afghanistan. For every Taliban killed another 6 young boys will be trained to fight our troops.
Every citizen killed gives more power to the extremists,

Russia was there for years and looked what happened to them, although that they had to admit defeat could have been due to the fact the USA was arming the very terrorists they are now fighting.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

If Russia was supplying the Taliban with stinger missiles like we were with the mujahadeen we would already have lost the war long ago. Those stinger missiles were the deciding factor in the victory over the Russians.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Killing a human is not victory. It's the Devil's work at hand deceiving the people.

Those who open their eyes will unveil the mask of illusion worn, and precede into pure truth, and only the truth will set you free...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Like all other animal life on this planet mankind is territorial, and those in power use this to their own ends. There has been wars throughout history because of this.

The powers that be use the excuse of religion, politics and hunger to make us fear each other and be prepared to take up arms.
Vunerable youth from deprived backgrounds are encouraged to enlist, others do so because it is patriotic or they have no job prospects and of course there will probably be those who enjoy the 'kill'. All though are being manipulated. The warlords brainwash the Taliban fighters, and our governments do the same.

As the lyrics of Universal Soldier says without the soldier there would be no war.
Donovan
www.lyricsfire.com...

How we get humankind to lay down their arms, close their ears to their warmongering power crazy leaders and realise we have more in common with people from all over the world than is different is the trillion dollar question.

Revolution for peace is what we need, imo it will never happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My ancestors rounded up the native Americans and forced them into camps. Their ancestors bought, sold and worked men and women like they were cattle. I so wish it wasn't true. I'm not them, but I'm as much to blame for my brothers dying as anyone else is. It sickens me. I don't know how to make it stop and I really wish I could.

If we were 'colonizing' Afghanistan, I guess at least it would be easier to understand. Of course, colonization is a pretty civil word for rape, if you ask me. There just doesn't seem to be any sense to it.

Can anyone tell me just how many countries the United States of America is currently killing and being killed in? I don't even know. I think that makes me feel worse than the powerless to stop it.

If you are an Afghani, or an Iraqi, or someone in North Africa, or wherever else my country is occupying your lands and terrorizing your people, forgive me. I'm complicit through my lack of action. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I know that doesn't bring your children back and I'm just really sorry. I would be unbelievably angry too.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by RRconservative

And how do you define victory????????

en.wikipedia.org...

Victory (from Latin victoria) is a term, originally in applied to warfare, given to success achieved in personal combat, after military operations in general or, by extension, in any competition. Success in a military campaign is considered a strategic victory, while the success in a military engagement is a tactical victory.

It's a real shame that Americans no longer understands the term "victory". A real shame!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm so glad all of you antiwar peeps voted for Obama beause he was going to bring back our troops within the first month of taking ofice...
HA! HE LIED TO YOU!!!

SUCKERS!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Who you talkin' about? I didn't vote for Obama. If I DID vote for him, it wouldn't be because I expected him to do anything, about anything. Am I anti-war, yeah, i think I am. I really don't care WHO it is that's screwing us over...I don't care who it is that's sending our troops to some God-forsaken hell hole to die for oil, or poppies, or just some bunghole's agenda.

We were in Afghanistan before. We've been messing around there for decades. I just don't get why we have to stay.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Vunerable youth from deprived backgrounds are encouraged to enlist, others do so because it is patriotic or they have no job prospects and of course there will probably be those who enjoy the 'kill'. All though are being manipulated. The warlords brainwash the Taliban fighters, and our governments do the same.

And without volunteers we would simply have a conscripted army, as in days of yore!

Comparing British soldiers to Taliban fighters is an insult.

The vast majority of Afghans support our presence and roll and appreciate our attempts at stopping the return of a most brutal and repressive regime.
That there are other reasons for our presence as well I have absolutely no doubt, but The Taliban must be stopped at all costs.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No one has mentioned all the drugs yet?
How many tons are the CIA shipping out?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
No one has mentioned all the drugs yet?
How many tons are the CIA shipping out?

Got some links for us, LightChild, or do we have to do our own research. I'm still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and I know a lot of people don't make the connection you have pointed out. I appreciate your contribution.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join