It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wallywalt

totally Idiotic threads such as This Swill that can, forever, Discredit ATS.

It's so sad to see how many Lindsey Graham loving, dumbed-down Dweebs yearn for droppings like this.

I think painting any group of people with a broad brushstroke of generalization does ATS far worse disservice than folks asking questions, trying to get to the bottom of a possibly important question.

The courts that have heard cases relating to this question have thus far deemed that only Congress has standing to cause the cases to be heard -- not to be confused with a lack of evidence in the suits, just an inability for them to be heard.

Which, of course, raises more questions.

[edit to add your quote]

[edit on 16/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The article has been edited, it now says:

"visit to the continent of his father's birth."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Here is the link and quote:
ModernGhana

For Ghana, Obama's visit will be a celebration of another milestone in African history as it hosts the first-ever African-American President on this presidential visit to the continent of his birth.

Bold is my emphasis.

Did anyone point out that the ARTICLE cited in the OP, has made a correction?

"For Ghana, Obama's visit will be a celebration of another milestone in African history as it hosts the first-ever African-American President on this presidential visit to the continent of his fathers birth.

LINK

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gr8fuldaniel

Just a minute, the Birthers will be along shortly to say that the article was edited to shut up the writer.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by cbianchi513

I guess air conditioners are evil British throwbacks too then.

Ever hear of a British Thermal Unit?

Really?

Really indeed... Comparing a unit of measure to the standard of our "legal" system???

That's quite a reach, even for a progressive statist.

Then again, I suppose it's par for the course.

What flavor is the Kool Aide in Obamanation?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The comparison is quite equitable. The American British Accredited Registry Association. Has about as much to do with Old England as how efficiently you cool your home.

Whats in a name? That's the point I am trying to make here.

The point of fact that 35 of our founding fathers and most likely were part of the BAR.

And because much of the rule of law this land was founded upon comes from the Magna Carta, the BAR name is more ceremonial than a statement of alliance.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by gr8fuldaniel

Just a minute, the Birthers will be along shortly to say that the article was edited to shut up the writer.

The birthers should be obliged provide proof of their positive ID that he was in fact born in Kenya.

His campaign has already provided proof of his native birth in a Hawaiian manger... er, on Hawaiian soil.
HERE:
i305.photobucket.com...
(see note at bottom)
"This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding" [HRS 338-13(b), 338-19]

Part and parcel of that "fact of birth" is the location divulged in said document.... and not only the "fact of birth" alone. Hawaii was a state in America for 2 years at that time

Hawaii DOB: 1959
Obama DOB 1961

Now, back to whether he is actually black ENOUGH!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
You're kidding, right?

Continent of his birth. As in his ancestry. As in where he came from genetically.

How in the world does this have 3 replies but 8 flags? Do people now just automatically flag any thread that supports the whole fake birth certificate thing??

[edit on 7/13/2009 by ravenshadow13]

By that same token then he also would have genetic roots to Europe from his mother being caucasian. So all of a sudden getting high and mighty on Africa isn't the complete tale you know.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Or they misstated the quote and the link is now updated.

Check it out.

Now the birthers ironclad airtight evidence is talking about Obama's father. (which he probably was the entire time but some editor forgot a word)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Whats in a name? That's the point I am trying to make here.

The point of fact that 35 of our founding fathers and most likely were part of the BAR.

The point of fact is also that those same founding fathers were initially in practice in a British colony, subject to British law hence their membership in said association.

I'm not saying they got everything right...

Choose your battles friend, lest you appear the fool.

Back on topic... We shall soon see either concrete PROOF that Mr. Soetoro is, or is not a natural born US citizen... Like it or not.

That's really all the "birthers" as you like to demean them, want. That's all Mr. Soetoro has paid big money to keep from the public eye.

THAT is the topic, and the cause of the entire issue.

I don't see what the big deal is producing the documents that have been demanded by US citizens.

If there were no apparent subterfuge, and were transparancy in all things, as promised, there would be no issue. This thread would simply not be.

As we all know, that is not the case.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ok, let me go on this Transparency issue people have a problem with for a second.

Did anyone think for one moment that Obama was going to live up to that bull dunk? If you were fooled by that load of horse manure than you have bigger problems than that of a birth certificate.

Now onto the Birth Certificate/Birther issue.

It's a wide brush that paints a lot of different people that are using this issue for a lot of different reasons.

The common problem that Birthers have is that they won't answer a direct question. They completely ignore the questions I bring up. and when I do push them into a corner on the subject they automatically get angry and defensive and demand that Obama "just show it"

In all these threads Birthers use failed tactics to prove their mediocre point. They use blogs as the "Undeniable truth" They use misstatements as "Absolute proof" They use fake news articles that are easily and quickly debunked as "evidence".

Then when all of the above fails, they fall back on the tried and true conspiracy theorist motto. "The government is covering it up"

It's sad that we skeptics are painted as Obama lovers, but the truth is that I just want facts. Genuine, recognizable FACTS. I want something concrete and provable. Not from some bull dunk website. Not following some corrupt Russian Mail Order Bride lawyer using illegal practices to try and force this issue.

I want solid and concrete proof that Obama was not born on US Soil and therefore not eligible for the office of POTUS.

Is it too much to ask that someone come up with some evidence that Obama isn't who he claims?

[edit on 7/16/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Mr. Soetoro is a politician. Politicians tell lies to get elected. Fact of life. The "transparancy" promise was just that to me... Transparent.

As far as how you feel about the issue... I am fairly certain we see things more along the same lines as you may suspect. Remember, your opinion and mine have been similar on many issues, different on others.

I, for one, just want to know the truth. Let's put this issue to bed, definitively.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You know, I hear about these "people" that don't believe that PRESIDENT Obama was born in the US but I never thought they actually existed. I always thought that that was an invention by the conservative media and that no person on their right mind would ever believe something as preposterous as that. Well, apparently I was wrong.

Damn people, please stop watching FoxNews and listening to the Rush Limbaugh radio show! Read what says under the ATS logo. DENY IGNORANCE. Please don't bring this trash to this board!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fanatic

It has little to do with the president and much more to do with destroying the 4th amendment to the Constitution of the United States. This is the real agenda of these Birthers.

Ya see, if they can force the president to bring forth his personal papers without due process they can do it to everyone they deem as a threat.

They don't actually care whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii. (least the ones behind this idiotic fallacy) The true goal is to make sure that people can go around in an angry mob and demand papers from citizens and if they are rebuffed or refused they send them off to a camp somewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I find it funny that someone in this thread actual went along the lines of "a bad translation." I think they should know the difference between FATHER and SON. What is perplexing is that, the change is bold? This is just plain weird.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Once again, disagree... This has nothing to do with the fourth amendment.

It has to do with the Constitution though, but certainly not the fourth amendment.

You see, when a candidate runs for the position of POTUS, it is the responsibility of the candidates party to properly vett said candidate.

Not just now that Mr. Soetoro has been sworn in, but during the campaign, this issue had been raised. The DNC simply did not properly satisfy this condition. The court of public opinion is not legally recognized, but is nonetheless one of the highest courts in the land.

I don't claim to know the answer of how exactly to handle this. I would think that Mr. Soetoro would want this issue cleared, and would be forthcoming with all available information proving his eligability. That does not seem to be the case.

He IS a sworn public official. Certainly he knew that there would always be muckrakers waiting in the wings.

WHY then, has he spent so much time, effort, and money to prevent his long form birth certificate being released. Certainly no honest man or woman can claim that Mr. Soetoro is acting on principle...

I mean, come on... We already established that the man is a politician.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Once again, disagree... This has nothing to do with the fourth amendment.

It has to do with the Constitution though, but certainly not the fourth amendment.

It is about the 4th amendment. The people here and elsewhere demanding that Obama "Just show the damn form" are denying the 4th amendment to the constitution. Denying this man his constitutional protected right to be secure in his personal papers and effects. We can all agree that a birth certificate is most certainly a personal paper, therefore protected from unreasonable searches by the 4th amendment.

You see, when a candidate runs for the position of POTUS, it is the responsibility of the candidates party to properly vett said candidate.

And to the DNC Obama was properly vetted. He was screened and everything about him was probably thoroughly looked at. He wouldn't have made it to the primaries if something as huge as being born somewhere other than Hawaii was true.

Not just now that Mr. Soetoro has been sworn in, but during the campaign, this issue had been raised. The DNC simply did not properly satisfy this condition. The court of public opinion is not legally recognized, but is nonetheless one of the highest courts in the land.

The court of public opinion is without a doubt the most bias court ever to come into existence. Basically it's mob rule justice. In the court of public opinion people are judge jury and executioner without any facts. They need not have any reality involved in the cases they see, and in my opinion the court of public opinion is wholly inadequate to handle any case let alone a case such as this. The only thing the court of public opinion can do is to weaken the constitution, degrade our liberties through vigilantism and serve only to promote hysteria and rumor to the nth degree.

I don't claim to know the answer of how exactly to handle this. I would think that Mr. Soetoro would want this issue cleared, and would be forthcoming with all available information proving his eligability. That does not seem to be the case.

I do. Those that think that Obama is not a natural born US citizen need to write their representatives every single day. Day in, day out. Every day, make a phone call, every day write an email. Every day, voice your opinion to the only people in this country that have legal standing at this point to question Obama's eligibility. That is how it works in the United States. That is what is Due Process Under the law. And that is the only way your ever going to know the truth.

He IS a sworn public official. Certainly he knew that there would always be muckrakers waiting in the wings.

Of course there is. But this issue itself has repercussions. To make a person surrender their personal papers without due process nullifies the 4th amendment and allows vigilante justice to prevail.

WHY then, has he spent so much time, effort, and money to prevent his long form birth certificate being released. Certainly no honest man or woman can claim that Mr. Soetoro is acting on principle...

More likely protecting his 4th Amendment rights against unlawful searches and seizures.

I mean, come on... We already established that the man is a politician.

I am not going to deny that Obama is a political tool of the NWO and the powers that be. Looking at the members of his cabinet confirms this to be true.

I won't deny that when Obama said that his presidency would be the most open and transparent presidency in recent history that was a complete and utter line of bull dunk. Anyone who believed that crap should have their head examined.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by kinda kurious

Question, if you'll indulge me... do you know why Orly's Doctorate is always in quotations "Dr."? I saw that on the website you linked as well. Is her doctorate in question, or is she referred to as Dr. and doesn't have a doctorate?

Doesn't seem to be a wealth of information -- at least that I could find -- about her credentials. thanks

She is a Dentist. Perhaps that is why you see "Dr" in quotes.

Regards...KK

[edit on 16-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I agree with pretty much your entire post on Constitutional grounds, Wukky... I know that you have a good grasp on how things should be, according to the Constitution.

Likewise, you're assessment of the "court of public opinion" is right in line with mine... But both of us being realists allows us to KNOW that your assessment is not based in how things are, but how things ought to be. Surely you can discern the difference.

It could be argued that Mr. Soetoro, with his failure to abolish the "patriot" act, should be held to the same standards that ALL Americans are.

Although the fourth amendment affords US citizens the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures... We, the People of the United States know that this simply is an illusion as long as the "patriot" act exisits.

Why should Mr. Soetoro be afforded immunity from the blatant violation of the Constitution that the "patriot" act provides for, when you or I would certainly NOT be given the same consideration?

Why is this man above the what has sadly become the ruling "law" of the land?

You hit the nail on the head: This man is the finest and most reliable tool the moneyed elite that truly run this country have had.

I'm a realist, just like you. I know the score...

I'm sorry I "led" you into this. It has served a purpose though, hopefully...

Now some readers of our little discourse may be asking themselves the same questions, and peering over the edge of the rabbit hole.

Be careful folks... It's way deeper than you can imagine.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I agree with pretty much your entire post on Constitutional grounds, Wukky... I know that you have a good grasp on how things should be, according to the Constitution.

I read the dang thing enough, hopefully I would understand it.

Likewise, you're assessment of the "court of public opinion" is right in line with mine... But both of us being realists allows us to KNOW that your assessment is not based in how things are, but how things ought to be. Surely you can discern the difference.

It is sad that people buy into the court of public opinion bull dunk. Believe me that court has burned me once pretty bad.

It could be argued that Mr. Soetoro, with his failure to abolish the "patriot" act, should be held to the same standards that ALL Americans are.

Don't get me started on the Patriot Act. That dispicable unconstitutional piece of legislative treason should be shredded. Unfortunately because it was signed into law, the only way to repeal it is for another piece of legislation to override it. It doesn't look as if the SCOTUS would be bothered by declaring it unconstitutional. Perhaps that Tiatz lady should spend her time fighting that instead of trying to do something she has no legal authority to do.

Although the fourth amendment affords US citizens the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures... We, the People of the United States know that this simply is an illusion as long as the "patriot" act exisits.

This is true, I can't argue with that. Unfortunatly the rule of law nowadays goes to whoever has the better attorney. The best legal system money can buy.

Why should Mr. Soetoro be afforded immunity from the blatant violation of the Constitution that the "patriot" act provides for, when you or I would certainly NOT be given the same consideration?

Higher priced lawyers.

Why is this man above the what has sadly become the ruling "law" of the land?

Higher priced lawyers.

You hit the nail on the head: This man is the finest and most reliable tool the moneyed elite that truly run this country have had.

Yep, this tool, along with every tool before him and after him, slowly and methodically destroying this country one idiotic law, one treasonous presidential directive at a time.

I'm a realist, just like you. I know the score...

NWO 11 Freedom 0

I'm sorry I "led" you into this. It has served a purpose though, hopefully...

Of course it has. Your arguments at least have sound merits to them.

Now some readers of our little discourse may be asking themselves the same questions, and peering over the edge of the rabbit hole.

Be careful folks... It's way deeper than you can imagine.

And you won't like what you see at the bottom.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join