It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, I got it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I start by saying sorry, because either you felt great reading the title or either you felt like crap. So I am apologizing to the people that feel like crap. This thread is here just because it is part of my doing. I felt the need of doing it, so here it is. The doing must be done.

But I believe it is about time that this thread would show up.
How long have I been waiting for it? Cannot even remember.
I'm sure many of you were waiting for this exact thread for also a huge amount of time.
So here it is, enjoy it.
Getting it is simple like that.

But it seems today that lots of people do not really get it.
I don't know what is happening, but it is about time that we should ought to know what is happening! And I will tell you what is happening. This is happening. Right now. These very words are it, exactly like yourself. You are it! No need to even get it, right?

For those that got it already, I have a question.
Why should I be humble about it?
Maybe its something I don't even want to get into.
If so, please just say so.

For those that didn't get it.
I'm here for you, come along with the questions!
I will give answers to what I find is valuable for everyone.
If it is not valuable for everyone I will simply not answer.

LETS DO THIS GUYS!

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I absolutely, 100%, do not get it.

Sorry.

What have you got?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
I absolutely, 100%, do not get it.

Sorry.

What have you got?

I got it all.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Gelad, you are so right right right!!!

You are it - that is what people have to realise. The only person you should care for and rely on is YOU.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Gelad, you are so right right right!!!

You are it - that is what people have to realise. The only person you should care for and rely on is YOU.

well said!

although i'm selfesh by nature so, it's a given that i gravitate towards a world view that promotes the self.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Guys, I am feeling kinda overwhelmed a bit. Need to rest.
I will be back shortly.
Keep it going.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Would it be fair to say that you "got" that there is nothing to get ie: that you already have it and had it all along?

I think I've gotten it before, but have been working hard, probably too hard, to really get it this time!

But if Buddha and all them are right, there can be no striving, no doing, to "get it".

So is the "it" you got, just to clarify, that you are everything, and that it's all in you already, and that therefore, there is nothing to get, nowhere to go, nothing to do, and nothing to worry about, since it's all here now? Is that about right?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Would it be fair to say that you "got" that there is nothing to get ie: that you already have it and had it all along?

I think I've gotten it before, but have been working hard, probably too hard, to really get it this time!

But if Buddha and all them are right, there can be no striving, no doing, to "get it".

So is the "it" you got, just to clarify, that you are everything, and that it's all in you already, and that therefore, there is nothing to get, nowhere to go, nothing to do, and nothing to worry about, since it's all here now? Is that about right?

That is absolutely right. There is nothing to get.
We are all just babbling around, pretty much what I would call "doing art".
Let's be creative people! woohoo!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Exactly.

You didn't get it.
You already had it, you just hadn't realised.

Learning to be humble is of paramount importance in most religions and spiritual traditions, and humility can also help you develop as a person and enjoy richer relationships with others.
Humbleness should come before ALL else.

"In reality there is perhaps not one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself...For even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility." - Benjamin Franklin

Jacob

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What you "got" can be put to the test, and I would encourage people to question you about it, to validate it.

If valid, and I believe it is, what you "got" you should be aware - that there are innumerable people around the world, some of whom have been actively seeking for their whole lives, who meditate six hours a day, day after day, who haven't got what you just got, the reason, they are seeking it, trying to get somewhere, and from what I am just beginning to understand (I haven't QUITE "got it" or grokked it most fully yet, although I can talk about "it"), all striving and doing, concieving, conceptualizing, cultivating etc. is all a complete waste of time, since "it" already is here now, and therefore to "seek" after it, is to push it away.

It's a sudden spontaneous awakening, a "satori", and it's the most highly prized treasure in the universe. You just became an awakened Buddha, BUT, you must be ordinary, and not think of yourself in that way, because to seek the title of Buddhahood, is to lose it. Ego could ruin this for you, so be careful and very huimble, like the other poster said, but don't disown anything either, like Benjamin Franklin said.

I have a question then for you (please think on it carefully before responding) to put this enlightened awakening to the test..

What is the meaning of life?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Given that life can be boring unless you are busy busy busy - what is the point of it? I think the point is being kind to people and animals.
And that leads us to...what?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

To make others live's meaningful.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

What you "got" can be put to the test, and I would encourage people to question you about it, to validate it.

If valid, and I believe it is, what you "got" you should be aware that there are innumerable people around the world, some of whom have been actively seeking for their whole lives, who haven't got what you just got, the reason, they are seeking it, trying to get somewhere, and from what I am just beginning to understand (haven't QUITE "got it" or grokked it most fully yet, although I can talk about "it"), all striving and doing, concieving, conceptualizing, cultivating etc. is all a waste of time, since "it" already is here now, and therefore to "seek" after it, is to push it away.

It's a sudden spontaneous awakening, a "satori", and it's the most highly prized treasure in the universe.

I have a question then for you (please think on it carefully before responding) to put this enlightened awakening to the test..

There is no meaning.

Actually, there could be.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I think the absolute freedom to be kind only if you want to, so that the kindness can be real, and wholly authentic.

You see, most of us are kind, because we think it's important to do so, because it validates us, because we think that a lack of kindness is what's wrong with the world and we want to fix that, so it's a kindness as an antithesis to unknindness, and at bottom, it is selfishly motivated, and ego driven.

What the OP appears to have "gotten" is something altogether different than what most of us would conceive of as "compassion" ie: doing the right thing, or even doing the right thing and feeling good about it, or because it's just the right thing to do - but there's still a constraint in there somewhere, an inauthenticity.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

That is the correct answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Given that life can be boring unless you are busy busy busy - what is the point of it? I think the point is being kind to people and animals.
And that leads us to...what?

The point is to have a good time.
If being kind is not enjoyable, do not do it.
It leads us to being. And being can be expressed in all kinds of way.
I express my being with writing.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If you can keep this, and how could you lose it?

You might want to consider a career as a stand up comedian, because you've just become a very funny person, if what I suspect about you is true ie: that your enlightened awakening is valid.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

That is the correct answer.

And how do you know that?

There is no correct answer, as everyones path is different. Every individual has a different meaning for life.
A different path.

But how do I know that?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

If you can keep this, and how could you lose it?

You might want to consider a career as a stand up comedian, because you've just become a very funny person, if what I suspect about you is true ie: that your enlightened awakening is valid.

I just became what I always wanted to become.
A writer.

I like the jokes, but I prefer being serious.

edit: HERE I COME

edit2: I would call my style WTF.
edit 3: WTF IS UP WITH THESE EDITINGS?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hi Omega,

You say most of us are kind - I would beg to differ.

The reason the world suffers is that most people are not kind, just greedy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join