It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Debate Anyone???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

the technology is mind boggling.

There is a lot of good theories publically known and being researched on Earth for FTL travel, it is real advanced, but I wouldn't say mind boggling!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Did you not read my entire post? I stated that my evidence is based on scientific and mathematics of what is accepted today as to how we were created. Anyway, lets avoid the Creation talk and get back to alien conversations, after all this thread is about aliens..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Here is my question:

Why did you choose the belief with the nearly impossible odds?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is plenty of documented evidence to suggest the existence of 'something else' across the board ie UFO and paranormal. Its just that people don’t want to accept it. Skeptism is a good thing but it can also be a bad thing because in the case of the whole ufo alien phenomenon skeptics are just giving people reason not to believe. And that’s wrong.

They have been concealing themselves for a very long time and they are very good at it. To assume on some equation that’s absolutely obscure in reason to most people is, is just.....

Skeptics will have you believe that science is everything. But science is steeped in DOGMA. So they might tell you something is correct when in fact its wrong, if the scientific powers that be decide its right, its right even if its wrong. Pompous comes to mind. And who do you think owns the scientists and funds the labs that produce all this information.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Well, the best reason is simply the distances involved. If it's been done, and I think it has, the technology is mind boggling.

It is mind-boggling, and until you boggle your own mind you will continue to be confused as to how such a thing would be possible.

Even our own physics is beginning to show that the spatial dimension can be bypassed completely by certain mechanisms that apparently act through what physicists call the extra "dimensions" to reality, that aren't readily apparent to us but make themselves apparent in certain famous experiments.

There is something else you will not believe, but I will expose you to the idea anyway: many "ships" are actually sentient consciousness, and the human body itself has this capability, even if only as an extremity of potential.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Well, the best reason is simply the distances involved. If it's been done, and I think it has, the technology is mind boggling.

But how would we know what they can do with the technology that they have?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Did you not read my entire post? I stated that my evidence is based on scientific and mathematics of what is accepted today as to how we were created.

Last I checked it was still an unresolved question and we have yet to initiate life processes from inorganic matter in a test tube or otherwise.

Anyway, lets avoid the Creation talk and get back to alien conversations, after all this thread is about aliens..

Right. About the existence of aliens. And you are arguing they don't exist because the chances of life occurring on other planets is apparently extremely low, even though you don't know how it even started here yet. So basically what I am getting from you, is the same thing I get from all of mainstream science, is that, they don't really know.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kode

Well the skeptics you are describing are called Pseudoskeptics, which are different and on a crusade to preserve their current ego and paradigm. We Have QUITE a few on ATS. Myth however is NOT one of them IMHO.

Props to ATS member Indigo_Child for the Pseudoskeptic thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Well, when I was a kid. I never believed in aliens, but my friends did, but I never saw it, whatever IT was. I just never grasped that concept. So to show them that I wasn't odd, I began to compile evidence that is sceintifically proven and mathematically accurate as you seen in my first post and to present my friends with that evidence. They couldn't refute it, so I just sat on it and I still use it today.

Do I follow a belief system? Somewhat, but I am not involved in a religion per say. I don;t go to church or things of that nature. I see the possibility of their (ET) existance, but I do not see the probablity and that probability is what is important for me. Using what we know it just does not work out and using the conditions of the planets around us and the planets atmoshpere and the planets ratio to the sun/Stars and the life forms chromosomes and the life forms gentic make up and markers. Would they survive on earth if they arrived?

To me their is so much evidence against them, but I do understand that their is also evidence for them. I do my best to prove my side and others do their best to prove their side. Yet we come to a brick wall on both sides. And my side misses evidences and your side misses evidence, we both miss a KEY piece of evidence for both arguments and we will probably never be able to say for sure that life exists on other planets.

But i do see why people believe in them. Hell if I was not the person I am now, I would probably believe in aliens. Thats the truth, unfortunatley, my mind is not that easily swayed. But I am not blind to evidence, I can see it. I just come to a different conclusion than most believers.

[edit on Jul 4th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
God created us and the aliens.

No one can argue against that.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Maybe, i just don’t think that the existence of aliens is debatable anymore, i think to deny it is just stupidity not ignorance or anything else.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by soldier8828

And magnificent threads they are too

Which one of those proves they are Alien?

Sorry couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
reply to post by jkrog08

Maybe, i just don’t think that the existence of aliens is debatable anymore, i think to deny it is just stupidity not ignorance or anything else.

I don't think TheMyth is stupid, I actually think he is smart.

When there is no proof then there are only beliefs, and I don't think someone is stupid for having a different belief.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Even our own physics is beginning to show that the spatial dimension can be bypassed completely by certain mechanisms that apparently act through what physicists call the extra "dimensions" to reality, that aren't readily apparent to us but make themselves apparent in certain famous experiments.

I've seen some theories involving shortcutting or folding space/time. This is at least something I can grasp and sounds reasonable.

Originally posted by jkrog08

the technology is mind boggling.

There is a lot of good theories publically known and being researched on Earth for FTL travel, it is real advanced, but I wouldn't say mind boggling!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're still burning coal for fuel. We've still got a ways to go, but at least some big heads are working on it.

Originally posted by danielsil18

But how would we know what they can do with the technology that they have?

I certainly don't. But if aliens are visiting us, they have found a way to transcend space and time as well as defy the known laws of physics.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL, stop lurking zorgon! Where was that posted at anyways?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You are balanced in beliefs, that's good.

The only way to know for sure is to shake hands with one of them.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think you will find there is more compelling evidence that ET`s/UFO`s do exist than dont, just think there are roughly 100 billion stars in our galaxy and 100 billion observable galaxys in the universe, hmmmm I shall say no more

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Yea, that would proably do it. But I would need a picture and video so others would believe me..lol..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, you only have to look at that picture in that thread floating around in this forum that shows how small we are, and how many galaxies there are in one tiny bit of the sky.. I cant imagine anyone looking at that would be able to say with any confidence that we're probably alone.

And they probably do have technology that allows them to travel faster than the speed of light/go through wormholes/fold space or whatever... I mean look how far we've come in the past 200 years. Cant even imagine what sort of technology/knowledge we'll have of the universe in another 200 years.

Im not sure about all this crop circle/abductions/people claiming to be aliens stuff... but I find it easier to believe that there are aliens out there. Its alot less depressing than the other option.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yea, that would proably do it. But I would need a picture and video so others would believe me..lol..

No need to take pictures because skeptics would say that the pictures were photoshopped.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join