It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bubba Effect, the Rise of Individual Militias

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I just got through watching this and I am liking this Glenn Beck less and less each and every time I see his fat face on the screen. This is profiling the individuals like many of us on this site as Bubbas. I find it very derogatory to be lumped in with hill billies and pickup truck driving, tobacco chewing, folks I would call Bubbas.

I am curious how many people on this forum like myself fit much of the criteria that Beck points out for qualification to these groups but feel strongly that they are like me not exactly conforming to the broad stereotype brush he is painting all of us with?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Um.. It's fox news. What do you expect?

Pretty much everything that comes from that channel is insulting. Rush Limbaugh is even worse.

I guess it's all fun and games when they're making fun of somebody other than yourself. Now that they're targeting the "conspiracy nuts" instead of the "liberal nuts," you get to feel the sweet sting of prejudice like half the country has since that god awful network was first launched.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You know I never do watch this channel live I only see the offensive bits like this because I do not support them with my time and attention energy and I never have. I always equate FOX=666 which is what those letters represent in Pythagorean Numerology.

I am certainly not a leftist or a rightist. I think that divisive manipulation is designed just to divide and conquer us.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
uhhh, dang. I dun got so upset over that Glen Beck that I dropped my PBR and fergot to finish skin'in mah possum fer supper.

I ain't been so upset since they took off profeshunel bowlin' frum the teevee box.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

No they are not calling you or anybody a "bubba" It is just called the bubba effect.

They are not stereotyping anyone, this is just what they call it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
To me, It seems like you're acting as if Beck is out to insult you. I think you're getting too offended by Beck's "Stereotype" and not really paying attention to what they're actually talking about. They're discussing scenarios that could be very probable if Violent Revolution indeed occurs in this country. Especially when talk of it is showing up more and more (along with the government enslaving and oppressing us more and more). Another note, what the heck do you have against "hillbillies" and "Pick-up drivin'-Tobacco Chewin folk"? I find that pretty derogatory and stereotypical in itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

I have to problem with bubbas per say. I just don't like to be lumped in with them in this rather broad brush he is painting everyone with.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

I think you need to understand what they are talking about in the video. What they are talking about, the "Bubba Effect", has to do with people joining together in their communities and upholding the constitution within that community.

They aren't stereo typing anybody, it's just a term that use to describe the situation. It has nothing to do with hillbillies or anything else for that matter.

No offense, but you are the person that is throwing out the stereotypes.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think they chose a bad word to describe Constitutionalists who are traditionally, men who are armed, hold to the law, hold to self-reliance, and hold to God, guns, and guts.

We all know things can't continue to deteriorate. There is in fact a tipping point.

The question is, when will it be reached, and what will be the extent of the short-term aftermath, and the long-term aftermath.

The Bubba Effect will determine how long it will take to restore order and Constitutional Principles. Who else is going to do it?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Of course Beck and the idiot squad over at the propaganda pushing dumpster known as Fox news will do anything to paint dissenters and constitutionalists as uneducated and back woods by calling us all "Bubbas".

Nothing more than a predictible move by the PTB to goad people who are on the fence into ignoring what is really going on. I mean, who would want to be associated with or labeled as a "Bubba"?

This way the average American know nothing will want to distance himself from any message that comes from any militia movement or Bubba because they wont want to side with those that have been portrayed as ignorant or fringe. This will help them swallow whatever lie the government is feeding them that much easier.

It takes away credibility from those who are trying to warn their fellow Americans and makes it easier for Joe Yuppie to cling to believing that their government is right and that nothing is out of order.

Basically it is demeaning the people of the patriot movement by painting them as simple hicks and paranoids, and by default undermining the message that the militia movement is attempting to get out. Suppression via slander and propaganda, what our media machine does best.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't much care for Beck, but its not as if coined the phrase.

The only stereotypying I see is from the OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I had to listen to it again to see the distinction you are talking about. I can see what you are saying. The terminology they used I would equate with calling all constitutionalists uneducated backwoods bubbas.

It is really shaving hairs here. They used that terminology for a reason and it was not to pat us all on the back and encourage us in our struggle to defend our hard won liberties. It seemed to me to paint us as a dangerous bunch of survivalist loaners who shun the mainstream.

That I got more from him and CIA man in their body language. No neck military guy had the body language of someone who is reading from a script that he did not much like but was being the good soldier and doing what he was told.

Maybe I am reading into this but it was and is pretty late. I will look at it again tomorrow or later today as it were.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What I found interesting about this clip is that both the CIA and the retired Sgt basically agreed that the government has overstepped its bounds. The CIA guy also said that the 2nd amendment is there for the citizens to overthrow a tyrannical government. Priceless. Refreshing to see that there are people in these organizations who understand what is going on here.

Glen seemed beside himself when both experts agreed that the military would not shoot their own citizens. The tone Glen had makes me wonder exactly what his agenda is. He seems to flip flop a lot and I find it distressing for someone in his position.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

fat face

I find it very derogatory to be lumped in with hill billies and pickup truck driving, tobacco chewing, folks I would call Bubbas.

I think he has it all wrong, and I despise him even more for his moronic babble. While I have an old truck that I keep for good measure, I often dress in business attire, have a clean haircut, and drive my choice of a few cars that each has cost more than the first house I bought. I am far from the backwoods, tobacco spittin', uneducated, toothless, etc... stereotype of a redneck. However, I probably am a redneck and, I most certainly am a constitutionalist.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I probably could have gotten my point across without offending the pickup driving, tobacco chewing crowd. I was pretty tired when I wrote that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
reply to post by tamusan

I probably could have gotten my point across without offending the pickup driving, tobacco chewing crowd. I was pretty tired when I wrote that.

I spent allot of time in the cole hills of West Virginia and kentucky in my days..One thing I will take away from that is that I would trust 98% of them with my life..0 with my wife But 98% with my life..lol

Good people,and the men that founded this country had wooden teeth and mutton chops,the original Bubba's..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My fathers side of my family hails from WV and my father was born there. When I am done gathering my hoard, I plan to head for the mountains myself.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Ok, what if they called the anti-gun movement 'the liberal queer' effect? Would that be ok? Would it be a fair summary of that movement?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Where's the insult?

They are simply calling the facts. The term's name means nothing.

Glenn actually seems awesome here. He's pretty right.

The guests are good too.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
while off the real topic, i represent that 'bubba effect'...
sad to say, i'd rather be surrounded by a hord of bubba's than a bunch of city folk that would not be able to make it.
I drive a truck, chew, hunt, process my own game.

Its the bubba's that would get everyone else through, sure some may look down at the idea of being referd to as 'bubba' but if you have ever spent time with a country/mountian person you would know that while they are not in general the most educated in world events and latest topics etc. (the true ones, sorry i have to keep up to date on things.. ) They have knowledge that can not only save you, but that they can teach you.
I know a few that would not know the first thing of how to turn a computer on, but if you are hungry, or need a good spot to camp without people, they can tell you where to go and when to be there and which direction to be looking.
I think many people over look them, one i know during hunting season can look at a trail, tell you how many people were driving down it, what they were driving and who it was, all from the tire tracks. They can look at animal tracks, tell you what direction it went, what it was, male/female, and how long ago it passed and where it should be by now.
There is a lot to learn from every walk of life. It may suprise you to spend a bit of time with someone you think is diffrent.

<<   2 >>

join