It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is my first ATS post, I assume they (PTB) are monitoring this site, its posters and readers so I have been quiet so far.

This is my experience with the ATF. I received a call from the ATF stating that they were trying to contact me for days unsucessfully. Duh- I have a job, sorry I am not at home at 1 pm, I also don't answer they phone because it is never a legitimate phone call for me.

Anyhow, my wife answers the phone and says it is the ATF. They said that they would be over in 30 minutes and asked if I would be home. I said yes becuase I didn't want my wife and duaghter to be traumatized by some sort of Constitutional stand off.

The guy came over and was cordial as was I, he wanted to make sure that I wasn't funneling guns to Mexico. I also bought three identical handguns from "Gun Broker" through a FFL and my FFL transfer agent turned me in, for buying too many guns.

These people from Mexico are Narco-Terroists they do not need US citizens to provide them with arms. They have money and don't need Americans to provide them with weapons.

This whole Mexico arms problem is a ruse. Don't need to get into that BS.

-A guy from South Texas who loves guns.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Why does everyone jump to senseless and illogical conclusions?

Why does everyone bury their heads in the sand and pretend the worst is not ever going to happen?

because i don't live in a movie like a lot of people i see on here...

you need to investigate this situation more.
SO FAR, there are no other sources to determine the confirmation of agents raiding your homes. So please, INVESTIGATE before assuming.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think this type of reaction is kind of typical amongst Americans. You want safe streets but you don't want cops doing this kind of behavior. Well guess what...not many people co-operate with officials yet they want the criminals caught. It is impossible to satisfy all sides of this coin. These guys have to do there jobs so people like you could be safer.

You can scream and kick all you want. If the stuff that happens near the border spills over to your town I am sure you would decline this kind of help.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yeah this land was claimed and settled by people that had guns and built the home and the stuff themselves.

but now, life is different , early america had no fresh water in homes on the outback no sewer no power, no phonecan you imagine living like that today no computer buy the way
guns to fend of wild animals were used. if someone wanted to take over your homestead , sure yuo may have had to shy him away by force. use your gun maybetimes are different,. still,. we like to have guns and act like the past is the presenti have three guns in my collection. haha guns i call them, not really

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
The question that should be asked is, "Who are they to make this judgement?" If this is all the justification they need to make a warrentless search, then the Constitution has now been rendered meaningless.

Please show me in the article where it said that they were performing warrentless searches? It looked to me like they just snoop around and ask questions, that does not require a warrant to begin with.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They're going after gunrunners and she was a suspected of helping them. And they're not using neighbors as spies, they're just asking them questions about their neighbors... which is what ANY cop will do with ANY crime or suspected crime. Their called witnesses and it's called investigating. Oh yea, they also WATCHED these people make illegal sales and then followed the traffickers to the border. But yea, we should leave those people alone. Some of these threads are ridiculous.

They aren't just "hunting for guns, one house at a time", calm the **** down. Unless you're suspected of helping South American drug cartels you have nothing to worry about. I don't even really get how this is news. They're even going after one of their own because he's suspected of providing arms to people illegally. Oh, I guess he was just their smokescreen to make all of this look legit, huh?

Now, if they were going after people who are not questionable at all THEN is the time to get suspicious or call it "breaking news". But as of now, I'm calling me and my handgun safe. Of course, that may be because I'm not questionable in providing weapons to drug cartels.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by js331975Also does any govt want to mess with a bunch of armed citizens?

actually, in the hands of normal americans, the answer would be yes. at least law enforcement in texas, for the most part would state so.

federal level? depends. on the federal level, things get more detached and not realistic.

if your life were in danger, how long would it take for the police to show up?

they know.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
further more... the majority of the "bunch of armed citizens" are good people who want to protect themselves or hunt. that's why they own guns.

the crime, percentage wise is quite low in comparison.

it's the "newsworthy" situations that give gun ownership a bad name.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
So now it's a crime to spend more on guns than on clothes? Just because someone has different purchasing priorities than the people who buy $300 shoes and watch Friends re-runs does not make them a threat to national security.

Until they throw those $300 shoes at someone important, they are not a threat. But you never know, the Friends re-runs only last so long.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

So now it's a crime to spend more on guns than on clothes? Just because someone has different purchasing priorities than the people who buy $300 shoes and watch Friends re-runs does not make them a threat to national security.

Until they throw those $300 shoes at someone important, they are not a threat. But you never know, the Friends re-runs only last so long.

rofl... so tungus... would you rather that cheney and friends have all the guns?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by miasria

Originally posted by tungus

rofl... so tungus... would you rather that cheney and friends have all the guns?

But they do have all the guns. Sure, you can have your little hunting guns and such but they've got it where it counts. From howitzers to microwave guns, you name it- they've got it, brother. Sure, they allow the populace to keep their guns but it doesn't matter, really. They've already won without firing a shot, (just look at the economy) and if it comes to shooting they've got the last word.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by tungus]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Unless they got a warrant they shouldnt be allowed in your home. One of these days they gonna bust into someones house without warrant and some ol lady gonna shoot them in the nuts.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you do away with the 2nd amendment, then only the criminals will be left with guns. Taking our guns away will neverm ake us safer, it will only make us weaker.
WIthout our arms, we can not survive off the land, we can not defend against armed cirminals breaking into our homes, we can not defend against military taking away our rights.
I think Thomas Jefferson said it best ,"
The beauty of the 2nd amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it away."
Nuff said

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Please show me in the article where it said that they were performing warrentless searches? It looked to me like they just snoop around and ask questions, that does not require a warrant to begin with.

To get the names and addresses of who to go "see", the ATF is going into gun shops demanding the "yellowsheets", then making "governemnt" decisions on who is "out of line".

err, look into your history "bub", redcoats at the doors all over again.

This is chicago tuggary from the top............

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So now it's a crime to spend more on guns than on clothes?

I havent bought any clothes in years but havent bought any firearms in a couple of weeks. I must be at the top of the list.

A pair of jeans and a couple of flannel shirts go a long way.

Pants + 5 shirts = $80
AR15 = $1200

I spend more on rags and gun oil than I do on clothes.

As long as my nakedness is mostly covered I'm good to go.

Where can you get an AR15 for only $1200?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Where can you get an AR15 for only $1200?

errr, $1149 local pawn shop in texas..........or just pick them up after a firefight any street in a town next to the border of mexico.......

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Another tip took agents on a 30-minute drive from the shack to a sprawling home with a pool in the back and an American flag out front.

It turned out two handguns, of a type drug gangsters prefer, were bought by a pastor for target practice.

Some stories, they say, are hard to believe.

Who the hell says a pastor can't have a handgun?? What kind of BS is the 'type drug gangsters prefer'?

The Government just loves to push this. What a big load of crap. If these thugs showed up at my house with out a warrant I would call the police.

LOL, I'd first grab my rifle, then call the police to inform them there are two dead bodies that need to be removed from property because they trespassed on private property, without a warrant.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
On the third most listened to talk show in America, a comment was made about the upcoming Census. Supposedly, the group formerly called ACORN, will be used for the task of supplying manpower. The questionnaire being sent out will include questions about you owning any firearms. If you do, how many, and what types? And, where are they kept? They will ask you when you exactly leave for work every day, and what time time you come home, exactly to the minute. If you refuse to answer their questions, you can be fined and sent to jail. Supposedly, they will be already informed if you own any firearms, so if you lie, and say you don't don't have any, they will confront you with the info they have.

If any of this has one ounce of truth to it, then it smacks of a an upcoming national gun confiscation in the making!

This has a very bad smell to it!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join