It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burma denies link to N Korea ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Burma denies link to N Korea ship

news.bbc.co.uk

Burma and North Korea ended diplomatic relations in 1983 after a bungled assassination attempt by North Korean agents killed 20 people in Burma.

But in recent years they are believed to be co-operating in a number of areas, including weapons supplies.

the ship may be forced to refuel in Singapore - in which case the Singaporean authorities would face a dilemma over whether to try to inspect its cargo - a move North Korea has warned it would view as an act of war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.earthtimes.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Has anyone read of an exact location of this ship in the past few days? I've googled, but news has been quiet on this front since about the 25th of June.

One news report states that the ship has not requested to refuel at Singapore Port,
www.earthtimes.org...
so where will it refuel, or has it, and where? Is it really going to Burma, or has it deviated elsewhere?
I'm just a little concerned that as it's being tracked, why have there been no updates in the msm?
Is anyone able to shed some light?
The related thread has no new info and no one has posted since 22nd. Why has this topic dissipated?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. Why don't they just inspect the damn thing already? Why should North Korea viewing it as an act of war have any merit on this decision? According to North Korea we declared war when we spoke out against their missile launch. We declared war when we sought to sanction them. So, in their minds we are already at war. Just inspect it and get it over with or ignore it and move on with life. "Tracking it" is pointless if we aren't actually going to look.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What if NK declared it had the right to stop and search every US ship, and that the US had no right to have nukes?

This is purely provocative behavior from the US - leave NK alone.

All the hate propaganda raised by the western media against NK is purely lies - why don't people wake up and realize they are being played for fools by the MSM?

NK is not going to fight anyone - lift the damn sanctions and stop the damned harrassment and diplomatic relationships might improve.

Millions of people have starved to death in NK due to the efforts of the US to have sanctions applied against NK. Why shouldn't they hate the US?

If another country caused millions to die in the US, then you would be screaming for blood - NK is being backed into a corner - the same thing that happened to Iraq.

They are not going to bend over and wait to be destroyed though.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about searching or not searching the NK ship.
My question was, why has news of the whereabouts of the ship gone so quiet over the past few days.
The ships cargo could have been totally innocent and the US have realised this so it is no longer a threat and no longer newsworthy.
The ship may have reached its destination already, but what was it?
I would like to know why nothing has been mentioned in the last few days. Not who is right or wrong, who is baiting who...I just want the facts so I can interpret them myself and make my own conclusions.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

My question was, why has news of the whereabouts of the ship gone so quiet over the past few days.

In my opinion, it is quiet because it is a non-story. It was only started to keep the fear going so people would tune in to the news channels. If it was a real issue, the ship would have already been inspected. Again, in my opinion this is just a shiny object to get attention. Michael Jackson and Iran are currently holding the attention of the people. Just wait for another slow news day and they may blow the dust off of this story. Odds are they will have cooked up something new by then though.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hmmmmm. Fair point you make. It will be interesting to watch what makes the headlines on July 4th if it is a quiet news day. Actually that will depend on what's happening in MJ hyperworld at that time I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

little kim is a sick dictator with a sick mind,,he alone is responsible the shape the Norths in..

he chose sides long time ago.

Iran is a cartoon compared to North Korea..

So many prison camps and slavery of the people there its sick.,and then listen to his constant threats of nuking everyone.

I was lucky to be adopted by loving parents and to be in the USA.

I pray for the 2 journilist ladies they imprisoned while investigatig sex slavery which is so rampent there...

If he so much as blows a fart I hope he dearly pays for it!!

amy

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but it wasn't the U.S. that declared North Korea couldn't ship weapons. It was the United Nations Security Council. All of it. THE ENTIRE COUNCIL. Unanimously. Even Russia. Even China.

Not everything is the doing of the "Evil USA." Yes, that's right, sometimes the USA is right. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i hope we can all learn to ignore north kim's threats.
he reminds me of the kid in high school (every school mustve had one) who had virtually no friends and all he ever did was threaten people with bombs and stuff but when anyone challenged him to back anything up he would almost cry.

the best thing for everyone (all humankind) if we figured out a way to make Kim shut up and sit back down so we can all go our merry little ways.

(im not necessarily proposing that we challenge him to do something violent, just do SOMETHING so people forget they ever bothered with him for the time being)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl,

You are correct, no one care's what little kimmy rants.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!

China has made it VERY clear they back little kimmy vs US,Japan...rest of the world.

China agreed to the sanction's BUT not using force to do so.

China is no partner in peace and of course, Russia is no help either.

This being done will be entirely up to the Western Powers.

I am betting this is a N.K. or Chinese trap to start a war.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Sorry to break this to you.....

It was the Un Security Council that made that declaration to search N.K ships for nuclear and missile technology.

Since the UN represents the whole world, the whole world declared that N.K. needs have it ships checked for nuclear and missile technology.

Even China and Russia signed the document, though with no provision's for boarding when the N.K refuse.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

good point and huggs!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

Thank-you Amy.

Let us hope i am just a bit paranoid about this.

Off topic,
is that you in pic, if so, your cute.

top topics

join