It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucers and the Third Reich

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The main thing they had to develop was avionic computers to fly the jets. The wing design was very unstable, and required to many adjustments for a pilot to navigate normally. When the computer systems were advanced enough to fly the craft, then they were able to work on it (and the stealth technologies). Many of the scientists who were brought in from Germany after the war were put to work on the ICBM systems in development for the cold war. They also helped develop the Saturn V rocket system that sent us to the moon.

Others went to work at pharmaceutical companies, and helped develop many drugs that are used today.

A good book to read is Jim Marrs' "Rise of the Fourth Reich". There is much speculation in it as to what the German scientists were working on, and documentation showing where some ended up.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

All I can say to that is thank God we got the German scientist to come on our side!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

From our having moles buried deeply in Soviet society, you are quite correct. The German scientists would of help the USSR build top notch ICBM delivery systems and would have beaten us to the moon. The fact is the Soviets were very much lagging technically to the US. They needed bigger warheads as they did not have sophisticated guidance systems. It seems that JFK was one of the very few to know the Soviets had very little capability, and was able to put his foot down during the Cuban Missile Crisis. (Unfortunately, he could not tell the very worried public which put on a tremendous stress to them at the time.)

If the Nazi's had put their money and resources to the V-2 delivery systems and some early jet designs, the outcome of the war would have been quite different. Too many people were in charge of their own pet projects, and that made the money and resources quite scarce. What if the money spent on the Bell and the saucer development had gone to the V-2 and jets? Sprachen sie Deutsch?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wow, you do know a lot about the the Bell and the saucer developments! It's an interesting thought about Russian technology and the possibility of the Germans winning the war. From the sounds of it was was pretty close timing!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I like the idea behind this thread, and the secrets of the Third Reich are a lush, fertile ground for speculation. Most of your sources are either ambiguous or not very convincing, but I'm going to flag the thread nonetheless because I love a good Nazi conspiracy. My problem is that I don't read German, and to really get into the history of the Third Reich I think being able to read and understand German is a requirement. There is no doubt that the ranks of the Nazis were full of brilliant lunatics with spooky resources and a terrifying determination to realize their most bizarre, perverse schemes. How much they really accomplished is, to my mind, a nebulous question. Nothing has made me believe in, for instance, Nazi UFOs so far, but my mind is very much open.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoLoeb
I like the idea behind this thread, and the secrets of the Third Reich are a lush, fertile ground for speculation. Most of your sources are either ambiguous or not very convincing, but I'm going to flag the thread nonetheless because I love a good Nazi conspiracy. My problem is that I don't read German, and to really get into the history of the Third Reich I think being able to read and understand German is a requirement. There is no doubt that the ranks of the Nazis were full of brilliant lunatics with spooky resources and a terrifying determination to realize their most bizarre, perverse schemes. How much they really accomplished is, to my mind, a nebulous question. Nothing has made me believe in, for instance, Nazi UFOs so far, but my mind is very much open.

The had a couple of the best scientists in the world. I know one came to the US and switched sides but not sure where the others went. Maybe Russia?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

A number of their best scientists ended up at NASA. Others ended up in England. For obvious reasons, few were eager to go to Russia voluntarily, though some were captured. And of course lots of prominent Nazis (Mengele included) headed via ratlines to South America to live out their long, happy lives on sunny shores.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoLoeb

Thanks, very interesting. I'm glad they all split up after the Nazi Regime. It's weird to think the may have won the war. Some of their high tech experiments were close to being completed.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The only way for the Nazis to win the war would of been to pool in the resources and work on two or three really good weapons systems. They were stretched too thin having to fight three different fronts: North Africa, Russia, and Great Britain. They had limited areas to port their navy and submarines, which made it easier for the Allies to target them. Add to the problems the many resistance fighters throughout their occupied territories, and it was a war that was unwinnable.

The question should be if they were able to develop the V-2 rocket delivery system, jet power, and an atomic bomb, would they still of been able to win? The debate will range on and on, as they spent untold amounts of money and resources killing Jews and other "undesirables" from their population. That included kicking out their scientific community as well since many of them, while not Jewish, were sympathetic to the Jewish peoples' plight.

The left over scientists had to come up with the plans, and the shortage of real minds may be why those projects failed so miserably.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes, that's scary. The splitting of the first atom and disinigration of the nucleus, resulting in the atomic bomb would have terrible if in the wrong hands. That scientist was so mad about dropping the bomb he quit. He never knew the magnitude it had.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
s&f for you wonder!

this is getting more and more one of my all time favorite conspiracys as deeper im going down the rabbit hole! i fully agree on you guys, if the nazis would have focused on fewer different weapon systems the war could have turned out different - as insane hitler was he also was a genius in some subjects.

kudos also to mrwuppy this link gave me goosebumps
it reminds me of the hellboy movie somehow.

btw im german, so i u guys need any translation help feel free to ask for it - ill try my best to help you out!

@kid - since you seem quite in to the whole third reich stuff do you have any good links on the black sun occult itself?

best to all, s1z

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by s.one.z

I like history in general, and since WWII is a major turning point in history I have read much about it. I have also read many of the conspiracy theories about what happened and if FDR knew of the Pearl Harbor attack in advance. That one seems credible as the US was very pacifist and had many pro-Nazi forces in it at the time.

The best book with fringe elements is Jim Marrs' book "The Rise of the Fourth Reich". I have not read any of the Black Sun books yet, but they are on my wish list and I will get to them soon.

There is much I do not know about the Third Reich, but I can deduce that they would have had a major shortage of raw materials and other resources. That is why I think many of the far out weapons systems never left the designing stage. Their major error was spreading the limited money and resources they had to over one hundred different ideas. That does not help in a time of very limited resources, especially time. The Russians and Americans were knocking at three doors at the time too: The Russian Front, The Atlantic Front and North Africa. The Nazis had to divide their military might three ways, and also have men to spare to combat the freedom and resistance fighters in their occupied lands.

From the above I can deduce that they did not get very far with any alternative energies or saucer type delivery systems. They would definitely have used them as they would have been able to free up much man power to concentrate on certain theaters of the conflict. (It didn't help that we were able to break the codes of both the Nazis and the Japanese.)

Once I read some of the many books out there, I will find more sites and recommendations to those who are interested in this most fascinating subject.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Soviets passed many testing grounds on their way to Berlin. During the retreat the orders were to destroy every trace of the technology and the projects they were working on. Nothing was to be given to the Soviets. You can be sure that if the Nazis did have functional flying saucers as postulated here they would leave no evidence of it behind.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

thanks on the info, im about to get the book you mentioned!

keep it up, s1z

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
nazi germany were truely ahead of their time. and if they wouldnt have fought a world war on three or more fronts, we would be speaking german to this day. hitler was a crazy mofo but a great milltary leader,at least before he went totally nuts. the scientist in the reich were 1st class. one thing to note, alot of the secret weapons were came about toward the end of the war, there for not alot of resources or time to complete. not only did the scientist experiment with weapons they also performed experiments on living humans, which was cruel to say the least but if you research it, their experiments open doors to medical procedures today that help save lives. it was german scientist who actually helped complete the bombs that were used on japan also. germany was cose to having a nuke of their own. makes you think.....but very badass looking german "ufo's" to say the least

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by krazykajun425

It is arguable if Hitler was really a good military leader. He had many great generals under him who were capable of carrying out the war. The problems was they started the war effort before they were ready themselves. They also wasted much precious resources carrying out there vicious crimes against humanity.

Two front wars are difficult enough, but three front wars are nearly impossible. The US concentrated on North Africa to stop any means of natural resources to get to Germany. The Germans were not thinking about that as they wanted to defend the fatherland. Once the US had North Africa, they could set up base an invade from the South. The Germans were doomed early on and they did not realize it. When one looks at all the problems the Nazi forces had in the beginning of the war, it makes one wonder about the abilities of Hitler. I do wonder if someone who had more tactical military experience would of done.

I am getting some books on the subject of what the Nazis were secretly developing as I am interested in that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by redoubt

I thought the same thing about older UFO sightings. The question I have is how did Hitler get this technology.

It adds to my imagination or ET presence. Tonight on the National Geographic channel will be Hitler’s secret stealth plane.

I’m not sure about the Nazi flying saucers. I love that quote. It says quite a bit!

If there was ET involvement they did switch sides, most likely for a good reason. They would have also known about the Holocaust.. It does make me wonder.

How did the Germans get this technology?

They didn't need aliens at all (I'm not saying they don't exist or anything like that). There were many genuine scientists at that time whose works (or part of it) are largely ignored today.

E.g. Nikola Tesla (he was Serbian but there were many Germans as well). He invented the alternating current that runs all our electric devices and also the AC motor. But not many people know about his plans for death rays and electric flying devices...

It seems funny to me that when people see a flying saucer, they are all like "Wow, that must be alien!!!"

150 years ago people believed that if you travelled faster than 20 mph in a train you would suffocate.
100 years ago people believed that nothing heavier than air can fly.
50 years ago - and practically today as well - people believe(d) that you cannot hover in the air without a jet engine (or a heli).

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

It is arguable if Hitler was really a good military leader. He had many great generals under him who were capable of carrying out the war. The problems was they started the war effort before they were ready themselves. They also wasted much precious resources carrying out there vicious crimes against humanity.

Two front wars are difficult enough, but three front wars are nearly impossible. The US concentrated on North Africa to stop any means of natural resources to get to Germany. The Germans were not thinking about that as they wanted to defend the fatherland. Once the US had North Africa, they could set up base an invade from the South. The Germans were doomed early on and they did not realize it. When one looks at all the problems the Nazi forces had in the beginning of the war, it makes one wonder about the abilities of Hitler. I do wonder if someone who had more tactical military experience would of done.

I am getting some books on the subject of what the Nazis were secretly developing as I am interested in that.

I completely agree with that!

I think the main problem of the Nazis was that they couldn't tell which weapons were useful and which not.

They had Messerschmitt planes that flew 50 % faster compared to the Allied aircraft. They were almost invincible. But the planes were reconstructed from fighters into bombers and as a result easily shot down and even their bomb drops were useless.

Germany produced massive numbers of V-2 rockets to bomb England, Allies feared that Nazis will use it in Normandy which would've been a giant disaster. But instead V-2s bombed only civilians in London and more people died while producing it than the bombs actually killed.

When the scientists showed their flying saucers (of course if they ever existed) to the generals, they probably couldn't tell how revolutionary it was and considered it as a toy. They focused on production of tanks and bombers, quantity over quality.

If you're looking for some books, I'd recommend "Hitler's flying saucers" by Henry Stevens, it's no doubt the best book I've read on this topic!
And some websites:
www.naziufos.com...
greyfalcon.us...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by s.one.z

Thanks, I find it an interesting conspiracy too. A lot of "What If's" involved and I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I am also German.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That is a scary thought about speaking German today had we lost the war. Those scientists knew what they were doing but didnt get it done quick enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join