It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: End of Humanity or Step In Evolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi guys just want to know what your oppinions on 2012 are. Do you think

a) it will be the end of mankind as we know it with natural disasters of biblical proportions like the ones presented in the new 2012 movie by Rolland Emmerich ( here's the trailer if you wanna check it out)

www.youtube.com...

or

b) a raise in human consciouness. Human beings become aware that things like money, economy, religion are secondary and start caring about each other like it was suppose to be originally and start to question our place in the cosmos and start a quest for our roots and identity. Eventually we will find other civilizations in space who will teach us new ideals.

or

c) nothing will happen and life will go on as it has been all this time.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Picollo30]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Don't know what this has to really do with aliens or UFO's, but the correct answer is C.

Nothing out of the normal will happen in that year, and a bunch of internet folks will have to scrounge to find little things that they can point to and say "See! I told you so!"

Sure, there will be war, famine, strife, natural disaters of varying scale, finicial difficulty, etc. In short, there will be nothing that doesn't happen all the time anyway.

I can't wait until 2012. I can't wait to hear all the ignorant reasons "it" didn't happen. I will cringe when something "big" happens that those desperate, ignorant folks who cling to the 2012 subject latch onto and claim it as prrof of thier convictions.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
there will be fifa 2013 and pes 2013 for sure, also call of duty 10 (ancient warfare)...emm lemme see...far cry 5.....God of War 5.

my answer is D..erm C

[edit on 25-6-2009 by heineken]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
it is related with Aliens in the way that as some theories tell us that in 2012 Aliens will reveal themselves and contact us and help us in achieving a new state of counciouness. don't know if its real or not, it can happen or not, i'm just trying to know what people think that will happen on the 21st December of 2012.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There will be no disasters of biblical proportions.
There will be no raise in consciousness.(I find that theory to have no merit)

Life will go on as it always does and we will find some other date to be afraid of for no reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Do you have any dates ? I cant wait for the next catastrophe..

I heard 2036 and 2090 isnt something then ??

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It won't be the end of the world i have no idea why any one actually thinks that. But what i get from it is that it will be the next stage in our existence on this planet. I'm expecting a lot of good to come in a few years, even if we have to go through hell before.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think 2012 will be a change in dimensional shift for humanity, we will be able to see the different dimensions and choose where we wish to go within these dimensions. Science has said there may be many dimensions of time/space, perhaps as many as 10,000. I also think that the Earth is coming to the end of a Long Count, or Cycle, and will recycle all that man has made, and rebirth itself into a pristine new world. This has happened before, several times, and the ancients left us clues to learn this for ourselves, but alas, mankind has decided to look in only the places he wishes, and the elite keeps all pertinent information to themselves. Nobody really know what will happen, but I strongly believe something will, and it will be the greatest show on Earth. Keep eyes and mind open is my advice.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree with ITF and Drums....

C) Nothing, Zilch, Zippo, Nada!

What we will see is a ton of red faces on this and many other forums... and many new age psychics and wannabe indigo authors who will be publicly disgraced and out of a job.

It's like all the people who publicly supported Blossom Goodchild who kinda disappeared into the woodwork after 14/10/08 or suffered convenient amnesia after the fact. This is the exact way 2012 will unfold and how it's supporters will react.

I'm really looking forward to the day actually! Perhaps... just perhaps some people will learn this time around - but I wont be holding my breath. Some people are just addicted to magical thinking.

IRM

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

C) Nothing amazing will happen...

But we may be amused by something like a new Heaven's Gate. People who decide to leave their bodies, since it is obvious the Nibiru is coming. While in reality it is something like a random comet. Well, there will always be something suitable to pretend as being the Planet X thing...

I do believe that humanity is coming close to a new level in cultural evolution due to things like science, technology and the environment, but these things have nothing to do with ancient Mayan calendars. Let us say it will happen in 2010-2030 okay?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nothing will happen.

That crap about the sun, moon, earth and the center of the galaxy being in perfect alignement it's true. It'll happen in December 21st 2012. But it also happens every year.

It's just a sample of the stuff people are talking about 2012 and how full of ignorance the whole subject is about. People simply chew on everything that they see about the apocalipse/aliens/wtv.

The worst thing is that those who creat this myths also put a little true to their lies, making it harder to open people's eyes...

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Do you have any dates ? I cant wait for the next catastrophe..

I heard 2036 and 2090 isnt something then ??

There is an astheroid, called Apophis, that is considered a high threat to Earth (actually, that's why they called it Apophis (name of the god of death in egiptian culture)).

It is believed that it will go by Earth on 2029, April 30th, and it will be largest and closest thing that we have seen come by Earth.

If it passes through an area of 600Km's (called the "keyhole"),( because it's still far and we can't avaluate it's exact trajectorie) it WILL hit Earth in April 30th in 2036.

The astheroid is small, but if it hit's Earth, it'll cause a lot of damage. They calculated that it will hit the Pacific.

It will create a hole in the ocean with 3 miles wide and 3 miles deep. Causing various tsunamis that will make the indonisean tsumani a complete joke.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If I remember right 2012 is when the Mayan calendar flips and restarts, for some reason people seem to associate this with something astonishing going to happen.

I choose “D” Something will happen, a new date will be given for something to supposedly happen and the followers of this new date will be just as adamant as the 2012 followers. Other than that life will continue as usual.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters if something will or won't happen. I think all that matters is that your prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

PS Alien: 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar... that we've recovered... through our interpretation. See where all the miscommunication happens? For all we know, we're missing parts of the calendar, or they just died off before they could go any farther, we might not even have the date right, which is likely, considering the date has been changed like 8 times now.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't know, I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens.

B sounds nice thou.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

PS Alien: 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar... that we've recovered... through our interpretation. See where all the miscommunication happens? For all we know, we're missing parts of the calendar, or they just died off before they could go any farther, we might not even have the date right, which is likely, considering the date has been changed like 8 times now.

Now you got me wanting to look back though all my Mayan books that I have not looked through in some time just to verify the calandar information.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
2012 is definitely the end of civilization as we know it. The Earth moves on. Life finds a new path evolving into empty nitches. Simple. Clean. Fun for the entire family.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
2012?

Ah yes the last year of Pres Obama reign

Obama Depopulation Policy Exposed! Red Alert!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama- Preventive and Indefinite Detention
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do I think?

We aren't gonna make it that far

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
I don't think it really matters if something will or won't happen. I think all that matters is that your prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

The Mayan calendar is like any other calendar, when it ends you start the next cycle

Now if those who have fallen into the Nibiru camp are lucky, they will live long enough to see this...

But don't worry, Sitchin says that won't happen till 2900 AD so no problem

meh not another 2012 thread.... search is your friend

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Well..The 2012 thing maybe will happen but my belief is that the Mayans actually celebrate this occasion.But who knows?Predictions can be changed depending on what we do before it happens.And why take it from a long extinct people?Some predictions are incorrect.So if you ask me maybe we will discover something amazing or so.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I think 2012 will be a change in dimensional shift for humanity, we will be able to see the different dimensions and choose where we wish to go within these dimensions. Science has said there may be many dimensions of time/space, perhaps as many as 10,000. I also think that the Earth is coming to the end of a Long Count, or Cycle, and will recycle all that man has made, and rebirth itself into a pristine new world. This has happened before, several times, and the ancients left us clues to learn this for ourselves, but alas, mankind has decided to look in only the places he wishes, and the elite keeps all pertinent information to themselves. Nobody really know what will happen, but I strongly believe something will, and it will be the greatest show on Earth. Keep eyes and mind open is my advice.

Agreed, I believe and hope something along these lines will happen in our future. I also agree that it is a shame that the elite simply keep the pertinent information away from the masses. So I guess that puts me in for voting on B. For those of you who are saying I can not wait to see those who said something would happen and wait for their excuses. Well you wont hear any from me, becuase if I am wrong I will be a man about it and admit I was wrong. Although for some reason I just got the feeling that something will indeed happen.

Zetetic_of_Truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join