It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty officer shoots 2 in lot after Angels game

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Because the use of non-deadly force is beyond your comprehension or abilities?

It's easier to shoot someone than engage them in physical combat or better yet reasonable dialogue?

Or is it because you think everybody else has a gun and therefore you must have a gun and therefore guns are okay because every bugger has one?

C'mon which is it?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by mr-lizard]
Edit: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

As I pointed out in a previous post regarding Mike Tyson yes, it is.

Next time some punk is stabbing you in the gut or hitting you in the head with a bat you go ahead and start a dialogue. Be sure to report back how it went.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So why would a punk attack me?

Some of my good friends are punks? Why isolate one social group against others?

As far as i'm concerned punks are pretty decent people and have never been threatened by a bat or stabbed by anybody who is into punk music....

This thread is about a copper and NOT punk rockers.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by CX

He(officer) was apparently hit in the head with an object, what was the object? they don't say was it a bullet? I think not.

Did you not read the article completely? It reads that he got cracked in the head with a bottle! R U serious?

This is self defense no matter which way you try to twist the facts.

Just look @ the facts, and in this case, anyone who attacks a man with a bottle to the dome, especially infront of his family, is subject for a justifed reaction, *ahem* even killing the person in self defense.

Keep in mind, that there were 2 men. If the victim was armed, chances are he would've been overpowered by these two, and the firearm would've been in the wrong hands, real fast.

I would imagine this also went through his mind before reacting.

Good for him. A good that no-one else got hurt.

On a side note, after that bottle breaks it's an even deadlier weapon than a knife......

This is why I cannot be a cop. I would've probably went for a head shot if anyone decided to crack me in the head with a bottle infront of my kids @ a ball game.....

I don't wish death upon anyone, not even these 2 men, and hope for their survival. Let it be a lesson learned though.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm in favor of every American being able to use deadly force to prevent harm to their person or property.

If that were the case, then I'd be right along side you. Unfortunately, it is not.

link   
Good luck on "more information" out of Anaheim. This is the city that seriously put out ads for "nice cops" so that the Disneyland image of those patrolling the area will be pleasant. Some how I highly doubt we'll hear much more then "assault" out of them, and even if we do, is that the whole story? The institutions in Anaheim aren't exactly known for the truthfulness & fair mindedness (this even coming from neighboring Garden Grove's City Council).

Cops in Anaheim (where I live) run a wide range of attitudes. Some are really damn cool, while others (especially some of the sheriffs) are straight up egotists with something to prove to someone & don't mind threatening you with jail for absolutely no reason.

Fine he was hit with a beer bottle, so have many at sporting events that don't end in shootings. So because he's a cop & has a gun; he can shoot whoever and call it self defense while if Joe or Jane average did the same thing I don't think people would be as sympathetic, including the cops who would undoubtedly arrest that person too.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

So why would a punk attack me?

Some of my good friends are punks? Why isolate one social group against others?

That's just stupid semantics further complicated by you being in the UK and me being American. Dont nit-pick the semantics.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm not nit picking... You started going on about punks, i replied.

It's called a conversation.

Let's keep this on topic please.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

For crying out loud nobody went on about "punk-rockers"

From Merriam Webster

punk
2  /pʌŋk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [puhngk] Show IPA
–noun
1. Slang.
a. something or someone worthless or unimportant.
b. a young ruffian; hoodlum.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Believe me when I say I usually have nothing but disdain for LEOs but if this off-duty officer was only on an outting with his family and he was attacked in front of them and he shot them with out killing them(which is rare) then I say would suspect this LEO is one of the few honest ones. But it would seem we do not know all the details yet so it might would be a good idea to wait for the details before we pat him on the back or stone him. Not all LEOs are criminals just the majority. Maybe this one is a "minority" and since ATSers are a minority for now , we should hope this is not another case of policeman rage. Rushing to judgement usually causes the innocent to wrongly judged.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let's face it. If I'm out with my family and a couple of people attack me with a weapon or not (since he was reportedly struck with an object), I'm defending my family...period.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I gotta say that if I was hit in the head with something in the parking lot, with my family there, I might have gone ahead and opened fire as well.

I don't know the details of this matter but I might go ahead and say it was self defense.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

I can see that if those guys just ambushed him hardcore and meant to do damage immediately after the bottle(s) where thrown. I am also wondering if the situation could have been calmed by just drawing the weapon with the intent to use it or if it was absolutely necessary to fire.

The cops around here do have to contend with some hardcore mo-fo's as well as just the oddity that surrounds being in one of the highest tourists areas on the planet. I was searching for the news article about an instance last year(no luck) where the Anaheim PD got in a shoot out with a naked man leaving one of the hotels next to D-land (he got away) for example. Just one of the strange things that seem to go down in "Funky Town" as I call it. Bar Fight anyone?... See always crazy doings'a transpirin' in Funky Town. So I would necessarily doubt the cop had to do what he had to do either.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
Believe me when I say I usually have nothing but disdain for LEOs but if this off-duty officer was only on an outting with his family and he was attacked in front of them and he shot them with out killing them(which is rare) then I say would suspect this LEO is one of the few honest ones. But it would seem we do not know all the details yet so it might would be a good idea to wait for the details before we pat him on the back or stone him. Not all LEOs are criminals just the majority. Maybe this one is a "minority" and since ATSers are a minority for now , we should hope this is not another case of policeman rage. Rushing to judgement usually causes the innocent to wrongly judged.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You make some really good points here.

"Not all LEO's are criminals just the majority" Buahhahaahahhahahahahh ah a ha ha hahahah ah a aahahaha ah ahahah ah aa haha ha.

So true.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
alyosha1981 where is you outrage about the assualt?

The object that hit him in the head was probally intended to knock him out, then what do you think would have happend to the wife and children?

The plan backfired, and now the criminals got what was coming to them

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Look at it from this point. Why the hell would you throw and "object" at anyone with two small children with them?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
Look at it from this point. Why the hell would you throw and "object" at anyone with two small children with them?

Let's look at it another way shall we?

Why the hell would you open fire at a crowded parking lot with MANY small children EVERYWHERE?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Seems like when you picture the events you see some guy waving a gun around with rubber arms pulling the trigger on an endless magazine rather than the gun being about a foot or inches from the gut of the thug.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Nutter

Seems like when you picture the events you see some guy waving a gun around with rubber arms pulling the trigger on an endless magazine rather than the gun being about a foot or inches from the gut of the thug.

And where did you get this information? From the same article that I read?

Did you miss that he shot 3 times and only hit 2 people? Where'd that stray bullet go? If that stray bullet had hit YOUR child, would you be so adamantly excusing this man's actions? I think not.

Edit: Did you also miss that he had time to call for back-up? How is that possible with these so-called "thugs" a foot or inches away from him?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My only problem is the off-duty cop didn't splatter these guy's brains all over the parking lot.

Since when is it ok to attack someone? For ANY reason? These guys made THEIR choice when they escalated any kind of verbal confrontation they MAY have had, to one of a violently physical attack.

Try and hurt me seriously, especially when I'm with my little kids and wife, ESPECIALLY IN THIS DAY AND AGE, when you don't know what type of LUNATICS you may be dealing with, I'll blow your head off too.

Sorry, but these guy's had it coming, and if they both live, I'LL BET THEY THINK TWICE NEXT TIME!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join