It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Blast Radius of your City ! -Must see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.carloslabs.com...

This is a kinda sick site- but if you go onto the site type your city name , then at the Bottom select the type of weapon and then just right of that press Nuke it!

Like i was saying "sick" but maybe might save your life if you have Knowledge of where not to be.

Don't forget to flag me if you like this

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
nice post always wonderd what a nuke what do to my city

thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I live on the outskirts of Houston and i'm safe except for the 50MT blast- All the others i'll do just fine. Phew !

[edit on 22-6-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I like this simulator alot better:

meyerweb.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah that link is cool too thanx - check em out ARE YOU SAFE!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually with the advent of technology most nuclear warheads have become much more accurate with CEP's

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I liver across the bay from CENTCOM/SOCOM in Florida. I know I will look over one day and just see the cloud. Fallout would hit us perfect here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Since the end of the Cold War I haven't seen any lists that show Targeted Cities in the United States. I've found a few recent ones that show Western European Targets, but nothing for US Targets.

I always found it interesting to see what locations our enemies considered to be tactical threats. Some places like Detroit were once understandable. However, there were some off-the-wall places that were targeted out in the middle of nowhere.

Does anyone know of any online resources that list known targeted locations?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Of course, the upside of much tighter CEP is that the yield can be much smaller. The old 'city-busters' had to be large to make up for the probabilities of being off-target.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
www.carloslabs.com...

This is a kinda sick site- but if you go onto the site type your city name , then at the Bottom select the type of weapon and then just right of that press Nuke it!

Like i was saying "sick" but maybe might save your life if you have Knowledge of where not to be.

Don't forget to flag me if you like this

Yeah i like it !!
Didn't thought the little boy and fatman where actually that small in radius..[waar hebben we het over
]
And yeah the tsar bomba is a naughty boy...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

OK the asteroid wins.

I say we invite the universe/god to the next arms reduction talks.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Since the end of the Cold War I haven't seen any lists that show Targeted Cities in the United States. I've found a few recent ones that show Western European Targets, but nothing for US Targets.

I always found it interesting to see what locations our enemies considered to be tactical threats. Some places like Detroit were once understandable. However, there were some off-the-wall places that were targeted out in the middle of nowhere.

Does anyone know of any online resources that list known targeted locations?

Its a little different then your request but i happen to see this last week, about the invasion plan of the USSR
techconex.com...

techconex.com...

btw can you show the West European targets?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.carloslabs.com...

Also nice, lets you test NK's bomb on your city plus adjust fallout and wind direction

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I checked out the website provided by the OP and found that ground zero was just a five minute ride by car from where I live. So I know I wouldn't see the cloud rising. I'd be lucky if I saw the flash before being vaporized.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure Russian is our threat- China to me is a bigger problem and of course the Muslim Holy war issue backed by one of these big countries.

The Immediate threat would be a Nuke smuggled into the U.S-but this whole story as much as it seems possible could be unrealistic. If you take away 911 Incident(Being inside job or inside help) the last time anyone hit U.S soil was 2003 with The trade center Bombing-who knows if that was the first Poor attempt to bring down the towers?

Then again one Bomb in one U.S city will only Cause the “Hornets” to Nuke who every they think was responsible. If they think 2 or 3 countries were behind it maybe they’ll use the event to sort out their problems with some countries once and forever.

Remember we Nuked Japan in WW11, not because we were losing the war, but only because it would take too many lives to take the island and too much time to starve them out. Not a real Valid reason for Nuking them in my book. But we did it none the less.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Awesome find! I have been wanting that info, but I haven't taken the time to find it! I found out I am in the sunburn range for everything but the largest Nuke and the Asteroid! Assuming they struck the Capital Building downtown. I suspect that is where they would aim.

Star and Flag!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
I'm not sure Russian is our threat- China to me is a bigger problem and of course the Muslim Holy war issue backed by one of these big countries.

The Immediate threat would be a Nuke smuggled into the U.S-but this whole story as much as it seems possible could be unrealistic. If you take away 911 Incident(Being inside job or inside help) the last time anyone hit U.S soil was 2003 with The trade center Bombing-who knows if that was the first Poor attempt to bring down the towers?

Then again one Bomb in one U.S city will only Cause the “Hornets” to Nuke who every they think was responsible. If they think 2 or 3 countries were behind it maybe they’ll use the event to sort out their problems with some countries once and forever.

Remember we Nuked Japan in WW11, not because we were losing the war, but only because it would take too many lives to take the island and too much time to starve them out. Not a real Valid reason for Nuking them in my book. But we did it none the less.

Not really imo, the bombings of Tokyo with magnesium and condensed fuel bombs [the fire and the strong winds] made 97.000 kills[some 10.000 more then Hiroshima or Nagasaki]..You don't hear people about that, but it took more effort to do that..The 2 nukes just showed who easy it would be to destroy Japan..And yes conquering the Islands would have made many more hundreds of thousand US deaths, maybe even more Russian deaths who just declared war on Japan....And it showed the future enemy USSR what toys they had in store...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Exactly when people start to talk about the ethics of dropping the bombs on Japan most don't realize we were already destroying a city a day with massive carpet bombing. Oh yeah don't forget about Dresden.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Our record shows that we don't have ethics when it comes to some decisions. Maybe they should just leave us alone and do as we say OR ELSE! lol.

Hey don't forget to check wind directions in your city along with Blast Radius. I'm on the west side of Houston safe from fall out. Oh maybe you work within the blast radius ??? I'm outsdie of that too.

The Likely hood they'll explode it in a down town area during the day are high-they'll get more people in one area together on a busy work day.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Foppezao

Exactly when people start to talk about the ethics of dropping the bombs on Japan most don't realize we were already destroying a city a day with massive carpet bombing. Oh yeah don't forget about Dresden.

Yeah Dresden was a living hell as well, though 25.000 deaths the firestorms were so strong it literally sucked people into the [fire]storm..
More amazing is how they rebuilt the city, all the old buildings, completely rebuilt..
Over here, the Nazi's completely destroyed the centre of Rotterdam with one afternoon of airbombings[the reason we surrended otherwise Utrecht would have been next]..Now Rotterdam looks all new with skycrapers and such, only a prox 2 buildings remained, it was a beautifull city, looked like Amsterdam but with broader avenues...

after debris was removed

A memorial of the bombings,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join