It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on, let's just admit it. We haven't a clue....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was sitting out in the garden the other day enjoying the sunshine between the clouds of an English summer when I saw something which prompted me to post to ATS for the first time in a long time.

There were bees. All over the flowers.

I cast my mind back to about a year ago to when we were facing the inevitable collapse of the food chain and in turn humanity. The bees were apparently disappearing and it was all our fault. I checked to see if my mobile phone was on (I hear this effects them...) and despite waving my harmful radiowave emitting phone at the bee he still managed to fly somehow straight and carry his pollen back home to the hive.

Why are we so obsessed with doom? Are we biologically geared towards constant paranoia? Did fearing unseen predators trim down the complacent unfit among us? Or did primitive conspiracy theorists just spend more quality time hiding in the caves leading to more time and opportunity to continue their tradition and line?

Everywhere you look these days you can see our coming demise. You can't turn in a newsagents without hitting on a magazine predicting the horrible fall of mankind. ATS is no better, in fact getting worse. (No doubt some Mod will tut-tut at yet another member bemoaning the demise of the 'good old days' when things were so much better around here and people talked about worthwhile stuff. The bemoaners like the prophets of doom are cyclical these days.)

Let's just admit it. We haven't a clue.

Nobody has any special knowledge, nobody has any great insights and nobody knows the truth. Because, the truth is really subjective. Sure, their are some who will try and peddle you their version of the truth but the fact of the matter is nobody really knows what's going on. Everybody likes a good story. Before television in Ireland, guys used to go around from house to house telling stories in return for hospitality and pay. Witness the modern day seanachai with their hand out for money as I saw a prominent 'expert' on ATS recently on a Project Camelot video. Everybody loves a good story.

Go on. Admit it. I dare you. You haven't a notion.

"But some people don't ask for anything in return or for you to buy their stuff" I hear you say. True, but ego-stroking can be a reward in itself and as anyone who posts on ATS knows, the thrill of a response can be addictive. The rush of a following can be dangerous and before you know it you are a guru.

Predictions are always a good laugh. Try going back to some of the older predictions and you can see that it's all a game. Predict something that can be verified as rubbish or doesn't come to pass and you are out of the game. So remember to keep it vague kids. Also, dates have to be flexible. Always have a plan 'B' to push the date out a bit more. The longer you can string people along, the more of a following you can get. Try it for yourselves. No qualifications necessary.

We didn't die in 1999. Nothing happened in Y2K. Planet 'X' didn't hit us in 2005/whenever. The Beijing Olympics passed off without a hitch. The bees, despite my best efforts with my mobile phone are still around. Nothing will happen in 2012.

Anybody tells you otherwise, they are selling you a line. Pinch of salt time. Alternate time-lines are not an excuse, they are plots for science fiction movies.

So what is the purpose of this thread?

I want you to admit you haven't a clue. I also want you to admit you don't really believe the paper prophets out there and you are only along for the thrill ride. Come on, admit it. Nostradamus doesn't sell well because he was right, he sells because it gives you goosebumps thinking about what could go horribly wrong.

It's time to come clean. Let's do something radical and finally admit that all this is all bunkum and nobody has a clue. Post your opinions on why any conspiracy topic is either an ego-stroking exercise on the part of individual posters, an exercise is group fantasy or a cynical marketing ploy to sell home-made DVDs or direct traffic towards their website for ad revenue.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
its about time this was put blaintly. all that we are trying to do is connect the dots they give us. and we are ALWAYS wrong! they give us this and that and that. we link them together, and are wrong in the end. i think the only significance we can find in anything are dates. but that is after the date has passed of course.

i dont know the point in trying to decode their plans before hand. we know their agenda, and that is that they are not for the people. i believe that is all that really matters. 'they' being TPTB of course.

S&F thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes we just connect the dots. Everyone needs a hobby

But the MSM are our drug dealers, are they not?

Predictions, I agree, are almost always wrong. However, trying to figure out why we are in the current predicament we are in is fascinating.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is bunkum and nobody has a clue.

Your post IS accurate and you ARE correct and I most certainly agree.

However, I have a feeling it will go over about like a hooker in sunday school on here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Occasionally I will be suprised by someone who has intelligent rational thoughts that aren't about 2012, Niburu, NWO, Reptilians, everyone dying, the Jews, chemtrails, the next gen American Revolution or how awful Obama is.
I do find it ironic about how extremely right wing some of the people on here are. The Armchair ATS Militia...fighting the commies/feds with God, a laptop and an angry smiley icon. Read Animal Farm guys...you might learn something.

Unfortunately there just aren't enough rational people on here and just as I am about to delete my account here, out of frustration, I'll find something interesting that drags me back.

Only just.

I am happy to admit I don't have a clue, but sometimes I just can't get my head round the fact that some people on here still seem to think the X-Files was a documentary.

If I see one more photo with lens flare that is supposed to be Nibiru I think I may cry.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by General_Salazar

If I see one more photo with lens flare that is supposed to be Nibiru I think I may cry.

I'll join you in that crying fit, and I will wail at the 'bombing' of the Moon threads!! But, we only have to wait until school starts again, in the Fall, for things to settle back down.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God bless the posters in this thread.

It's one thing to ask questions and work through a conspiracy, its another thing entirely when seemingly everyone go's off the deep end.

To put it honestly it seems lately this place has turned into some redneck trailer trash racist arm chair militia gunning for Obama.

This site has great entertainment value, but some posts make you just cringe to what some people honestly think.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more !!!

And it seems to me that the more ludicrous and ridiculous the claim/theory/conspiracy may be, then the greater the number of responding posts ... akin to moths drawn to a flame.

Example post: "Many of you are aliens" has drawn almost 1800 "moths" to the flame consuming reason and rational thought

pffftt ... there goes another moth up in flames .... pfffttt .... pffffttt .... pfffttt

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was just considering "creating" the most insane & ridiculous conspiracy theory I could come up with that had zero credibility, proof or logic ... then post a new thread and watch them flock to it. I certainly couldn't do any worse than a lot of the "tripe" being served up to us here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ill admit to not having a clue,but that is no fun. the tantalizing possibility of what might be is a great way to fill in the empty hours between sleeping fits. and if by chance,something slips into reality,well i for one would like to be there.fly your freak flag,and enjoy the colors.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

still seem to think the X-Files was a documentary.

The best way to hide something is to put it on TV in plain site. That way when something is true people are discredited. Like Google Search: 2012 not 2012 movie.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
good # i think we don't have a clue i think right from wrong is different among everyone the world might not be as we think it is look at all the possibles out there everyone has an idea or prediction on the world but science always wins in the end no evidence not important no one knows whats going on the only word we have to describe things as we see them as we see them morph we call it change it happens to all things but what are things we can break this down all day scientifically but at the end it only makes it more difficult to understand things may be more simple than we can imagine bees do there work plants grow tress produce oxygen we breath it we live it we are made of atoms protons all that good stuff some say the stuff of stars dust maybe thing is at the end everything comes from something a source everything has this well that's what we come to find in research the fact of the matter is the most important question that the world needs to be having all the news on is not war the stack market global warming these things are natural we have to come together and ask the real question who are we everything else is physical we've mastered that already the time is now to question reason question everything why not its a lot more safe lol you don't need war to answer who we are we make things so complex so to speak just stop an think about it for a second we can imagine anything if it is a thought we can think it in to reality this is amazing it almost seems as thought we create our own world reality or what ever you wanna call it yet we have no idea if this is true lol facts my friends are what close our mind we cannot understand not understanding we cannot understand a fact of a fact we cant understand that everything is possible we close our mind to dead ends roadblocks science lol iam a college student take it easy am only 21 i major in phys so yes i have to understand a lot of science i just think that it has to many restrictions on it the same as religion it just baffles me how if you think about it these foundations limit our creativity are minds are closed to possibilities yet we always evolve with out noticing striking people never even could process leaving the earth let alone going to the moon it was impossible yet we have been there an we really don't even think of it as doing the impossible i only use the moon as an easy example to understand of our potential all these people know days predicting things our imagination is amazing because what ever we thing we can do that power think about it with time anything and everything is possible the world to me is a big message sometimes believe your mind a lot more and what you see cause on some real s+++t what you think is what you see that's a subconscious and consciousness message remember as much as you are aware in reality you are aware in subconsciously its true lol well in my world!

holla at me

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well if we don't have a clue, there is very good root reason for it :

we live in a world full of lies,

and that is not paranoïa, but the way our system works : accumulating lies and mistakes to the advantage of the powerful. that is how society build itself, on lies and mistakes, not on truth and dont' make me tell you about galileo again.

if that is fine with you guys, go on accepting whatever TPTB tells you is real or not.

unless this "we don't have a clue" thing also include TPTB and its official truths ? then discard my post.

[i can also see more bees and insects in general this summer in europe and that is great - let's hope that last two years were accidents]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Does deja vu make me shiver? Yes.

When I know why it makes me shiver I will stop having an open mind and making amazing discoveries everyday.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well put thread, we are clueless!

But thats ok, we know we are clueless!

Really though, I love to speculate and try to understand certain things and subjects but in the end, all I know is that I do not know.

Thats the drive that keeps me wanting to get a clue.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If no one has a clue (about what I'm not sure but the OP seems to be all about 'prophecy') then the OP has no clue either and so isn't really one to judge other people's 'clues' as a clue or not. (Or do you have a clue? *cue eerie music*) Making this just another line to stand in. And then the 'followers' come through and tell the OP how 'right' he/she is. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Because it isn't about prophecies or doom, it's about insecurity and the unglamorous truth that we humans aren't as individualized as our egos would have us believe, for the simple effect of making us better social animals. So at least a few people will follow anyone who opens their mouth and claims to have an answer of any sort, even if the answer is no answer at all. Actually, I believe they call that 'Buddhism' in some circles.

Thing is, if we followed the words and not the mouth they emanated from, we might have been okay a long time ago. But then I've been known to say that before. Is that a clue?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Yes, I was sure it wouldn't go over too well but I wanted to rock the boat a little and maybe get people out of the ruts they have got themselves into.

I am pleased with all the response so far, even the ones negative to my original posting, but that is to be expected in civil discourse. I will address as many people individually as I can!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by General_Salazar

Ah yes, someone who is getting close to where I want to go with this. People seek out these sites to try and answer the nagging questions they have. They haven't a clue and the only problem is no-one else on the internet has a clue either.

But the snake oil salesmen are out these and only too happy to oblige...

They fall into the ready made disaster scenarios you listed above.

Seriously.....think about it.

What is the difference between the rapture and aliens arriving before planet X and whisking us to safety?

What is the difference between the vikings over the sea coming to get us and the NWO coming in their black helicopters to slap a barcode on you and a chip up your butt?

The same stuff that was used to keep the peasants fearful and in line long ago has been just updated and modernised for the 'sophisticated' folk of the 21st century.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuchisthedoggy

I'll say it outright.

I'm sick of IDIOTS talking about the Antichrist.

For crying out loud it's RIDICULOUS and they don't really know what they are talking about AT ALL.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

No, what he's saying (and what I'm saying) is that some people here (most, really) don't have a clue and are making wild guesses so ridiculous it's hilarious.

Antichrist claims, and Reptilian species - I mean, even if all that were to bite us in the butt what can u do about it except talk about it on a forum? Go shoot Barack Obama "The Antichrist"? Go shoot Hillary Clinton Queen of Reptiles?

And I am NOT a follower.

Give me more credit than that. I SERIOUSLY and TRUTHFULLY find some claims ridiculous. And it's not because "i have a clue that they don't have a clue" (which again is another one of those ridiculousities) it's because it's SO OBVIOUS they don't have a clue. You don't need to be a genius to figure they're just smoking with their love-glue-gunnins.

The true followers are the ones who play along with them and speculate even more on the identities of Antichrist and the Reptiles, with some shocking ones like the MSM, Sarah Palin, etc.

Are you going to... take down MSM? Seriously? It would be the end of civilization and communication!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join