It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dejavu - Federal Reserve To Get Executive Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What the hell is going on? Obama is going to expand the Authority of the Federal Reserve. I am having Dejavu here

I pledge my allegiance to the Federal Reserve.....................

Here is my question how much outsourcing is our representatives going to extend to non Federal entities? The Federal Reserve is as federal as "Federal Express".

www.latimes.com...

Reporting from Washington -- President Obama's plan to increase the authority of the Federal Reserve is emerging as a major stumbling block to congressional approval of his overhaul of financial industry regulations.

The Fed already faces bipartisan criticism for being too powerful, overly secretive and negligent in protecting the economy from the severe recession. And lawmakers didn't let up on the agency in a hearing Thursday as Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner began to sell the president's changes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And now Obama is going to give them executive powers?

Wait folks it wasn't just Obama, Bush did it too not long ago, so who is really in control here?

The new boss same as the old boss, of course they are just puppets.

Bush to expand the Power of Federal Reserve

updated 8:32 a.m. ET, Mon., March. 31, 2008
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is proposing a sweeping overhaul of the way the U.S. financial industry is regulated.

In an effort to deal with the problems highlighted by the current severe credit crisis, the new plan would give major new powers to the Federal Reserve, according to a 22-page executive summary obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

The proposal would designate the Fed as the primary regulator of market stability, greatly expanding the central bank's ability to examine not just commercial banks but all segments of the financial services industry.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is anyone seeing the pattern here?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have been wondering if all the coverage of IRAN is not meant to squelch the opportunity in the media to discuss this federal reserve expansion of power.
KWIM?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I have been wondering if all the coverage of IRAN is not meant to squelch the opportunity in the media to discuss this federal reserve expansion of power.
KWIM?

You know I didn't even think about that.

What a Red Herring that would be, damn. Good point.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
TPTB are panicking.

They are beginning to see that the people are not taking this lying down anymore and are preemptively trying to shut us down.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Executive powers to a private company, why not? They figure they might as well go all out because Obama's approval is dropping like a rock and people are waking up to all of his lies.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks for posting miraclerock,

I don't believe it is a partisan thing at all they use Obama just like they use every other president.

Let us look at a very revealing quote that I'm sure most ATS members are already familiar with. This has been going on for quite some time, but as Tentickles is suggesting people are waking up and they are scared S$#$less.

Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amsched Rothchild, a prominent European banker in the eighteenth century

Originally posted by miraclerock
Executive powers to a private company, why not? They figure they might as well go all out because Obama's approval is dropping like a rock and people are waking up to all of his lies.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This should open the eyes of the still blind people to see that when it comes to government and the private agendas of those they serve is not such thing as division of parties.

The politicians and presidents we get in the white house and hand picked and selected by them.

What a joke Americas political system has become and still is people out there that think nothing is wrong with what is going on in this nation as long as their political parties are the ones taking the majority.

Get it they are all the same and working for the same agendas and masters.

Time for us to take to the street and put a stop to this corruption, After all if a theocratic and totalitarian nation like Iran can do so can we.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Time for us to take to the street and put a stop to this corruption, After all if a theocratic and totalitarian nation like Iran can do so can we.

Funny, I've been thinking the same thing while watching events unfold in Iran...

Take Obama's recent words to Iran and apply them here in the US....parenthesis are added by me..

We call on the Iranian (US) government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights. As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian (American) people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian (U.S.) government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Why we in this country are not out in the streets is beyond me..

[edit on 22-6-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Because we have grown dependent of the government and we Americans have become slow, I still remember when the 60s and 70s American still had guts to fight for what they wanted, slowly but surely times are reversion back.

Propaganda and manipulation of population via the prime time media is creating a nation of sleeping zombies.

top topics

join