It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tries to stop Geronimo lawsuit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
BBC: US officials have moved to block a legal bid by descendants of Apache leader Geronimo to have his remains reburied.

Apparently the justice department has asked a federal judge to dismiss their lawsuit. I think it's weird that the justice department would actually intervene like this and try indirectly to defend a secret society in this manner (the remains are believed to have been stolen by Skull & Bones in 1918).

When the law of the land defends secret societies, then it's time to throw away your law books and classify it as INVALID, it is nothing more than a primitive tool of oppression.

A previous topic about the dispute here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenflt

Goes to show ya who is calling the shots here in America.....bunch of satanic dirt bags. Those type of places like "the skull & boner's" need to go away.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Time to place alot of white light around the bad guys in this situation. Surround them with human love and compassion, something they are sorely missing along with their hearts.

This will go in favor of Geronimo's family and friends, it has to for the future and for what is right.

See this as a done deal, see this as a win for Geronimo.

The only reason that it could not is if they S@Bs did something foul with it, so foul they do not want to get caught. They are not above Gods law.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by antar]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
TO play the devil's advocate, as it were, there's no proof that the body is missing, or that, if there is currently a body in the grave, if it is Geronimo's skeleton or not.

In order to make this an active suit, they would have to prove that his body is missing, or solidly credible evidence that Skull and Bones has the body.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have to agree with RuneSpider. If it can't be proven then it will be thrown out the window. I believe the justice department intervened so that it wouldn't turn into a He said She said type deal.

[edit on 6/22/2009 by VenomR]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
DNA.

Dig it up and test the family. If it's a match move on from there.
While the test are being done then see what if any body parts are missing then Close the case before we anger the BEAST

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
TO play the devil's advocate, as it were, there's no proof that the body is missing, or that, if there is currently a body in the grave, if it is Geronimo's skeleton or not.

In order to make this an active suit, they would have to prove that his body is missing, or solidly credible evidence that Skull and Bones has the body.

True, I know there is currently no solid evidence of any missing pieces (that we the public know of), however something seems to be suspicious with this whole case. "If it smells like a fish, it's usually a fish"

Maybe it's the justice departments duty to keep burial grounds safe, especially of legendary heroes like Geronimo? Any of you Americans know more about this? Is it common in the US for the justice department to ask federal judges to throw out law suits in this manner?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i googled "geronimo's skull" and went to the first link that came up about this matter. This part makes me skeptical about the S&B taking it:

But here's the thing: There's no good reason to believe Geronimo's remains ever left Oklahoma, and plenty of reasons to think they didn't. One obvious problem is the description of the theft in the S&B history: "The ring of pick on stone and thud of earth on earth alone disturbs the peace of the prairie. An axe pried open the iron door of the tomb, and Pat [short for 'patriarch,' the honorific used among S&B alums] Bush entered and started to dig. . . . At the exact bottom of the small round hole, Pat James dug deep and pried out the trophy itself. . . . We quickly closed the grave, shut the door and sped home." What a hoot, eh? Trouble is, the description bears no relationship to the actual burial place, which wasn't a mausoleum with a door, as the account suggests, but rather a conventional grave in the ground.

That site goes on to say that the entire thing was made up with the intention of causing controversy at the time and into the future.
It does sound like a made up story but i suppose that since this took place a little over 100 years ago facts have been distorted throughout the years. I think that if Geronimo's family wants him dug up then they should just do it and test the DNA.

www.straightdope.com... is-geronimos-skull-residing-at-yales-skull-and-bones

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, you have a unproven claim, against a organization that some currently powerful folks have been a member of in the past.
It also involves a cultural hero (though most folks these days only know of Geronimo as a character from a episode of Scooby Do.)
So... you'd have to get a fairly strong case together.

top topics

join