It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO??? or Plane???? Take a look!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just found this report with video. If it has already been posted, just delete it. Here's the story found on Examiner.com:

NY, June 5, 2009 - Casually videoing moon through telescope an caught unusal event.

Using my 8" Schmidt/Cass Celestron telescope with a CCD camera linked with my laptop I caught this event while setting up my system. Event occurred at 42 seconds into the video. I caught it while watching the process on my laptop. Immediately looked into the sky but could not see any evidence of a plane or lights of a plane. Observing conditions were Light cloud cover which was spotty, cool evening temperature approx. 61 degrees.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice video, Looks like it had plenty of exhaust coming out of the tailpipe. I'm gonna have to go back and examine it more closely. It's interesting none the less.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I tried to slow it down some and stop it right at the time it went by, but it is extremely fast. Its hard to make a shape of the craft. If you look at the size of the craft and the size of the moon, it looks like if it was a plane it would be larger because it would be closer to the scope????

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
seems to be two objects..one crosses much faster shortly after the main objekt...if you pause it its an incredibly odd shape..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I tried to slow it down some and stop it right at the time it went by, but it is extremely fast. Its hard to make a shape of the craft. If you look at the size of the craft and the size of the moon, it looks like if it was a plane it would be larger because it would be closer to the scope????

Let me give you a hand. The two frames showing the object, I think it's either a bird or
an insect specially watching the second frame, the wings at top are clearly suggested.
Just slide the bar.

Here is the slowmotion of the sequence. Still can't embed the video, if someone
can please do it.

I still can't solve the issue of the black exahust or smoke, if it's an insect somebody
with experience on insects producing smoke trail?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Insect...
, How on earth did you come to that conclusion...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good video and the soundtrack sounds as if it could be genuine.

I tried slowing and freezing but really couldn't say one way or the other whether it was a plane or not.

The only real question I have is: Are they "tracking" the moon, as it does not appear to move position. I know it's only a short video but given how zoomed in he is, the moon would be moving out of frame at a constant rate.

If he's tracking manually he has an incredibly steady hand.

Note: Obviously this video is not beyond the capabilities of CGI but sway toward genuine given the heat haze and vapor trail detail.

Here is the embedded video:

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Great! Thanks for slowing it down. Even slowing it down like that, I can't make out a shape. That thing must have been REALLY moving it. I can understand the insect theory if it was not shooting out exhaust! I'm no insect expert but I don't know of any insects right off that do that!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Also, if it was a jet, wouldn't there be some type of lights. Even though it was moving extremely fast and hard to catch, I would think there would be some kind of light.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Excellent find! The object goes so fast that it's hard to see even frame by frame. I have no idea what it is... I agree with another poster that said that there appears to be a second, faster object. S&F! I'm going to be watching this thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good question on the lights, also, is it just me or does it look like it has swept wings?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Given the magnification and Obvious distance between the moon and whatever, plane, passenger/commercial jet would seem the, well ... Obvious. (?)

Moon - stationary
Object - blink... vapor/exhaust trail.

$.02

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am going to think outside of the box and suggest a flicked or thrown cigar past the lense. It would explain the exhaust trail, strange shape and by the sounds of it a prank played by some drunk friends on a telescope geek.
Occams anyone ????

P.s Regarding speed it could have been thrown and passed over the small camera in seconds. I severly doubt this was a ufo or a get, the smoke behind it would mean the aliens where burining oil and really needed to get the cigar ship serviced

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
could the second object be a shock wave maybe?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Also, if it was a jet, wouldn't there be some type of lights. Even though it was moving extremely fast and hard to catch, I would think there would be some kind of light.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by sickofitall2012]

not if it where some form of military plane..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Well...

If we take what we have - the video and member opinions (exhaust, insects), I think we have our answer...

It was a fire-fighting beetle on its way to work...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d519909593df.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Who knows what it is? It's hard to tell really... Although it does give off exhaust. So I would say it is a plane if I had to muster a guess.

Insect???

Very funny stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To me the exhaust seemed highly irregular. Not indicative of a well-mixed fuel. It almost makes me think of a model rocket. It travels straight, and at an apparently high velocity. A cigar being thrown would be more of an arc, I think. I couldn't see any bright light, so the cigar wouldn't have had a cherry, and a jet would have had at least lights, or a glow at the engines...and would have had a more consistent exhaust....I vote for somebody screwin with the geek using a model rocket...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think its exhaust.

If you watch the object it comes into view from the left at a high rate of speed, it then stops abruptly and shoots off screen the way it came. When it stops and is thrown in reverse is when it gives off the "exhaust"

I think someone rigged an object with some kind of powder and threw it across the lens at a close range. They then yanked back on it causing the powder to fly off.

Something like that anyways.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline

Insect???

Very funny stuff.

Actually there is an insect which exactly does that, chemically producing some tremendous amount of heat. I only can't remember its name, have seen it in a documentary.

I found its German name which is "Bombadierkäfer". Will try to find something about it.
BTW insects were a very common explanation for some sightings which occured at night.

Well was very close to its German name it's called Bombardier Beetle in English.
Although it has some stupido irreducible complexity nonsense in the commentary here is a youtube link.
www.youtube.com...
Sorry can't embed it

[edit on 18-6-2009 by necati]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join