It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy About Conspiracies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What if all these conspiracies are part of a government funded experiment to anaylse the symptoms of mass-hysteria?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
sarcasm on.

haven't heard that idea before.

sarcasm off.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
upside down sarcasm cake

Well, then it got something fun out of it, like this place!

That and they got lot's of data.

Wanna slice?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes but I think these are disinfo conspiracies to cover up the real conspiracies. The big conspiracy is attempting to coordinate the two conspiracies. Then of course, there are additional cover conspiracies. It all gets a little confusing and then the government doesn't know which ones were real in the first place and usually end up working on the wrong conspiracy! I think.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Boy doesnt this sound like election year propaganda.

Same thing happens and everyone see's it.

Oh so and so did this
and so and so didnt do that
and what should have so and so done
that so and so is such a lier
what does so and so know

Disinformation, slander, cover-up, etc

just to get into office.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just imagine all those conspiracy theories to be false and everything that looks like it, being a pure chain-reaction of random incidents. Just imagine it that simple.

Welcome to the real world

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
^^^^ hahahahahahaha! You made me close my eyes, but now they are open again.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It's sometimes referred to as peeling the onion. When you're all finished thinking about - there's nothing left to do but cry.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
What if all these conspiracies are part of a government funded experiment to anaylse the symptoms of mass-hysteria?
Actually, we conspired to make you ask that exact question.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Alot of wise guys in this place. As my freind Rafael says, "Seven days without laughter, makes one weak".

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Some fourth of us have no use/do not believe in ANY conspiracy.
Some fourth think there's nothing but conspiracies, and won't hear anything that disproves it.
Some fourth of us are made more confused by the constant slinging of thoughts.
Some fourth of us should have never been let out of our padded cells.

(I never said what fourth, especially since I think that some of the fourths intermesh a little too much.)

Don't get me wrong, it's a reasonable thought to have, but there's little cance that this is more true than there is absolutely no conspiracies, or there is A conspiracy.

Get used to it, we're a bunch of goofs...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
xenophanes, you are a geenyus! you have it so right! these bs stories are nothing more than pure BS!!! theyer all lies and stuff. the government would never lie.

oh my god, is cops on?

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The bottom line besides money, is that when the government says you are in a "conspiracy," you are in "deep kim chee."

When you say the government is in a conspiracy, you are just "nuts."

Nice double standard eh?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe it's easier to think about conspiracies behind everything (Powerful forces working behind the scenes) than to think about things happening because sh*t happens. That Goverment, Institutions, People, ect.... operate the way that they do because no one can be that stupid/smart.

How could ( insert favorite here) let/not let/know/not know about (insert here) and still have this happen? Well at the most basic...Cause and Effect. When an Effect is observed the Cause may or may not readily apparent to the observer. If the Cause is not understood by the observer then the Effect is attributed to a Cause that the observer does understand.

People really are that stupid/smart, random events do occur, coincidence does happen, and just because People say your paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

Remember in the coming years when the fecal material impacts the rotary oscillator you have been warned.

[Edited on 5/5/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
People really are that stupid/smart, random events do occur, coincidence does happen, and just because your paranoid doesn't mean that they'er not out to get you.

peanut gallery :
The noun "paranoia" has 1 senses.
1. paranoia -- a psychological disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur
musing: Technically to say that a person is paranoid MEANS that what they are thinking is delusional. The one we claim is paranoid who holds the truth and is getting the truth acurately, by definition is not paranoid

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A concern I have is, what if one day, the authorities would consider discussing conspiracies a mental disorder of some sort.

Apophenia is the spontaneous perception of connections and meaningfulness of unrelated phenomena.

Apophenia

Also,

Pareidolia

Now, these articles are from a skeptic site, but who knows where these concepts could lead to.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think part of the desire to 'name names' is a way of diverting the feeling of helplessness, the feeling of being pushed along by events beyond our control, or even beyond our comprehension.

Most of the joiners of fringe groups that have 'oppression theology' are people who feel uneducated, unimportant, and powerless. Knowing their oppressors makes them feel wise.

I wonder if chronic paranoia is also a response to the political revelations following JFK's murder. It is like we fell down a slope of mistrusting authority. The Warren commission. The MLK shooting. The RFK shooting. The secret war in Cambodia, the Pentagon papers. Gang bangers, drive-by's, school shootings, serial killings, child abuse in the church. Then 9-1-1. Distrust of authority so profound it results in a distrust of all social relations.

It's like the Dark Ages in downtown Medieval Europe. We are becoming peasants, frightened of the villagers in the next glen; afraid of the monsters who live in the darkest part of the forest, afraid of witches and dragons.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is this thread dead?

Maybe we need a new signifier to replace 'conspiracy'.

Afterall, since the Florida recount of 2000, it's all kinda been pretty obvious, hasn't it?

I mean, we he took office, I couldn't have been the only one to predict a war with Irag during the next election!

And the blatant satanic salutes he does!?

See now I've gotten all depressed.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This thead is in a coma - not dead. It revives once in a while, but the original topic has been discussed before (rudely pointed out to me by my freind Bobbo) and nobody seems to want to talk about it once again. Bush is a fool and is getting this country deeper and deeper into the hole we call 'Middle-East relations'.

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
... It's like the Dark Ages in downtown Medieval Europe. We are becoming peasants, frightened of the villagers in the next glen; afraid of the monsters who live in the darkest part of the forest, afraid of witches and dragons.

Thats an interesting way to put it, very ... philosophical.

[Edited on 5/12/04 by xenophanes85]

new topics

top topics

join