It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We have touched on this multiple times in both of Evasius's major Timewave threads. In fact, the basic mysterious nature of novelty theory is built around answering this very question: "What is the Timewave?". McKenna had his own beliefs on what "novelty" represented.

Just to review.. Here's a basic rundown from Wikipedia link found here:
Novelty Theory / Timewave Zero

Timewave Zero, also known as Novelty Theory, is a pseudoscientific theory that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of "novelty" in the universe as an inherent quality of time. It is an idea conceived of and discussed at length by psychonaut philosopher Terence McKenna from the early 1970s until his death in the year 2000. The early 20th-century philosopher Alfred North Whitehead had defined this concept as an increase in the universe's intuitively perceived interconnectedness[1][2].

According to McKenna, when "novelty" is graphed over time, a fractal waveform known as timewave zero or simply the timewave results. The graph shows at what times, but never at what locations, novelty is supposedly increasing or decreasing over any span of time from a few days to tens of millennia.

McKenna claimed that the basic struggle of the Universe is not one between good and evil but between habit and novelty.

For starters, something needs to be clear here. I see the term "pseudoscientific" as basically implying the scientists classify these things as such when

a) we collectively lack understanding of a specific phenomenon and
b) when they haven't even done the work, themselves, to qualify or quantify the phenomenon.

Thus, they can deem any "unofficial" evidence of this phenomenon uncredible and unscientific. And by doing this they can always point at a lack of credible supporting evidence even if the evidence really does exist in one form or another. The paranormal is a great example.

Scientists can also point at the fact that people involved with paranormal studies always advocate the phenomenon they study. And some scientists like Michio Kaku use this as an argument to claim paranormal phenomenon doesn't exist. If people are forced to advocate the phenomenon to write books, make TV shows, etc.. then some scientists think this means that the evidence can't speak for itself (someone has to speak for it in other words). Thus, a pretty remarkable disparity exists between mainstream science and pseudoscience that is, largely, unfounded and uncalled for. Just because we don't understand something should never imply it doesn't exist.

I'm making this point because people see the word "pseudoscience" and imply a falsehood and/or a negative connotation. But the only reason people involved in pseudoscientific studies are forced to advocate their research is because they HAVE to. And this is only because the scientific community sits on its hands and does nothing while the average-joe's of society have to do the real research into these things since no professional scientist would be caught dead researching these things and risk their accreditations, grants, and scientific funding after being ascribed a negative label.

There is also a psychological term for why people believe in pseudoscientific-type phenomenon. Because since so many people imply pseudoscientific studies as false, this must mean that a pathological explanation exists to explain why everyone else believes such silly things. It is called a Confirmation Bias . Which can also be claimed to outrightly dismiss pseudoscientific phenomenon on a basis that all this is implied to not exist when the same psychologists and scientists really have no idea to begin with.

Even though most in the scientific community have separated themselves and/or completely dismissed the possibity of pseudoscientific phenomenon really existing, there definately exists a social tendency to at least consider that which is simply beyond our ability to understand.

The following can be found HERE and I think this sais it all..

2001 Gallup Poll found that the general public embraced the following: 54% of people believed in psychic/spiritual healing, 42% believed in haunted houses, 41% believed in satanic possession, 36% in telepathy, 25% in reincarnation, and 15% in channeling. A survey by Jeffrey S. Levin, associate professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk found that over 2/3 of the U.S. population reported having at least one mystical experience.

A 1996 Gallup poll estimated that 71% of the people in the United States believed that the government was covering up information about UFOs. A 2002 Roper poll conducted for the Sci Fi channel reported that 56% thought UFOs were real craft and 48% that aliens had visited the Earth.

A 2001 National Science Foundation survey found that 9 percent of people polled thought astrology was very scientific, and 31 percent thought it was somewhat scientific. About 32% of Americans surveyed stated that some numbers were lucky, while 46% of Europeans agreed with that claim. About 60% of all people polled believed in some form of Extra-sensory perception and 30% thought that "some of the unidentified flying objects that have been reported are really space vehicles from other civilizations."

Now that that's out of the way..
Evasius has done a brilliant job creating what a fractal wave form might look like to a human being by creating animations and youtube videos. He has some pretty mind-boggling videos. And although it might be impossible for us to truly experience them from a limited human perspective, it really does give you some perspective the kind of "deep interconnectedness" Mckenna was probably talking about.

Understanding what novelty theory truly means is something that can be difficult to understand if you aren't already familiar with the idea. But there are multiple youtube videos on Youtube of McKenna talking about his theory.

Here is part 1 ..

PART 2
PART 3

The software in use by Evasius and others in this thread has been created using McKenna's equation representing novelty as time progresses as a constant interconnected state of the universe at any one time. Thus, the timewave isn't necessarily indicitave of human endeavours or catastrophic events on earth, although alot of very intersting chronological correlations do exist in which the state of the timewave directly coincides with major events throughout human history.

I don't exactly completely believe Mckenna's theory outright and I've said this before. But what he did was really try to apply mathematics and very out-of-the-box, progressive thinking to understanding the very nature of how and why time operates the way it does. I think even though he might have been a little "out there", I think the way he went about explaining time was pretty unprecedented.

And even if he isn't completely correct, which we have no real way of knowing right now anyway, I think he was probably on the right track. For some reason, most people in the scientific community really don't like this kind of forward, outsider kind of thinking in which an average joe can challenge the scientific status quo. How dare he!! LOL. We won't really know how correct he was until zero date comes around. And even then, he may have been spot on in concept only to have his date calculations a little off. So even if "zero date" as predicted by McKenna doesn't end up in something unprecedented for mankind on this planet exactly when he said it would, that doesn't mean he was completely wrong either.

But I think its a revolutionary idea of how to look at time mathematically down to its most fundamental level of existence just as most other scientific phenomenon are considered and studied mathematically. Things like Black holes and white dwarfs, for example (which I've also touched on earlier). And in a world where Black holes and white dwarfs are considered scientifically in the form of semi-indecipherable equations, scientists still wholeheartedly believe in these things even though we've never directly observed either. Yet, they still attack pseudoscientific theories like McKenna's without really considering it or studying it in the first place. Mostly on grounds not even related to whether or not it might be real to begin with!

I think the timewave might be a biological function of our collective subconscious. In other words, maybe we create our own reality at a baseline biological level where we do exist in a physical 3-dimensional form but still always remain interconnected (there's that word again) with the rest of the universe by unseen means. We're only now starting to understand things like quantum entanglement, non-locality and the zero point field. So we might soon discover exactly this means of interconnectedness I'm talking about and confirm it scientifically. Quantum entanglement in particular would almost imply this kind of deep subconscious interconnectedness between all human beings. And that's what religious figureheads and spiritualists have been saying since the dawn of man (that we are all connected at the subconscious level by an unseen force).

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I noticed that events during big drops are themes that people is not talking about recently, so people is usually taken by surprise because of the unpredictable event, despite all the predictions of future events given in general before the DROP EVENT.
So, I can figure out what will LIKELY NOT HAPPEN ON JULY 23/25:

. Dam disaster in China, because it would not surprise any people right now
. Revolution events and riots are not likely to happen because they are predictble right now
. Earthquake and tsunamis, so no Big One or 26 December 2004-like events are likely to happen

WHAT THEME IS NOT TALKED ABOUT DURING THIS MONTH?

. Terror attack in USA, although people's new topics this week are talking about the hidden plan behind 9/11 no one has talked about impending new terror attacks
. Volcanoes eruptions is not a recent theme of this month ( Yellowstone, Alaska volcano etc. etc. )
. Famous people death, people are still tlking about Michael Jackson, but these kind of things are always taking people by surprise. This big drop could be about a famous people death of a person whose missing can cause a chain of events that change everything happening in a country ( Obama? Queen in UK ? A death who causes scandal and indignation to the common people toward government ? )

. A collision or some other thing who can cause an environment issue problem?

I also noticed big high " mountains " formations on the graph are ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WHICH BEGIN SOMETHING
Big drops are EVENTS WHO END SOMETHING OR CAUSE AN END TO SOMETHING

So, WHICH THING/EVENT CAN CAUSE AN END TO ...? DURING THIS DROP?

. Economical failure?
. End of gossip about someone because of a surprising action involving a famous people?
. End of good thinking about a famous person because of a bad action or scandal involving a famous person?
. A theory who changes what people was thinking about a process/phenomenon ?

WHICH EVENT INCLUDES THE THEME OF TERROR?

. Obviously terror attack, can happen anywhere during this drop ( USA, Israel, Iran, UK, Pakistan, india )
. A death caused by swine flu which really starts to make people think about swine flu with concern and fear
. Something caused by a sorta of attack during a big sportive event who cause fear to the public
. An interruption of Internet who causes big concern to the mass
. Huge number of people losing their work-place in a day

Let's think about it

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Matteo]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What we must always keep in mind, in my opinion, is what the troughs in the time wave are actually representing. They do not necessarily represent:
Increase in deaths
Increase in disasters
Deaths of famous people
Earthquakes... or any phenomena surrounding the notion of 'events which represent the end of history as a Judeo-Christian apocalypse.'

Novelty= Information

Information does not have qualities, not moral, economic or political.
It is 'stuff' which occurs at the situation when SOMETHING happens and MIND witnesses.

Stuff which is considered novelty is stuff which has not previously happened out of the set of things which can happen.

We can refer to historical resonances as rough guides as to in what domain will novelty occur (a few examples was that fabulous Louis XIV/Michael Jackson resonance that someone had picked up- that was great. Married a kings daughter, was charged with treason, death was controversial, tests being done to confirm etc. Another may be the current French revolution resonance- more power to the people, similarly in Iran with their broadcasting of events through Twitter for example) but the truth of these claims are left in the eye of the viewer.

We are looking for synchronicities, not apophenial claims.

Novelty is therefore, in its most simplest terms: New events which occur, that inevitably produces information.

I hope this helps. Again, don't be fooled by assigning or predicting a moral quality to be represented with a dip in the wave. I think we as humans will slowly begin to understand; things just happen. Getting tied up in moralizing them will do no help, they will happen because they have to fulfill the amount of novelty at the certain time.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Holy crap dude, that was a brilliant post, couldn't explain it half as good even if my life depended on it. Thanks for that

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a star for you fabic. well done.

Matteo, you should read what fabic said, it's not about morals or ethics , it's all about novelty as in new information. And there are no types of peaks which represent celebrities and other types of peaks that represent earthquakes etc. It's just novelty in its purest unpredictable form.
You can only guess until the date comes. Trying to analyze it won't help you here no matter how hard you try.

A rough estimate can only be made as to what theme it may be, and we get the themes from previous resonances - for ex from late june till late august it is the french revolution resonance.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Valeri]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
In a world flocking with sheeple,it is SO FINE to be in the company of folks who GET IT.Only thought I'd like to add is that we are here now aligning our thoughts with the TAO of the I CHING by following the progress of NOVELTY in TWZ.And this puts us in accord with our supposed 'enemy' China.Confucius,Mencius and the I CHING are well known pillars of deep Chinese thought.And all three have a bias toward life preservation,not disaster.We're not going to screw this up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Nice one, skip to 8:45. The creators of the whole webbot thing just mentioned Terence McKenna and agree with him on the whole compressing time/novelty thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why come there was never a Dip on September 11th 2001?

Anyway nothing has happened so far on thr 23rd......still time.

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Once when I looked a timewave graph, I saw that there was a peak on 9/11. Events can happen on either peaks or dips.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... And again
around 6:25/30

Good to know, more people think favorably about McKenna and his timewave.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by TSOM87

Once when I looked a timewave graph, I saw that there was a peak on 9/11. Events can happen on either peaks or dips.

But aint peaks called habit? Thats what i thought. When peaks are going towards habit nothing out of the usual happens, but when novelty dips happen something happens i.e MJ death, Plane Crash, Obama ect.

or have i got it all wrong?

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Stuff can happen on the peaks, on the very tip, as they're what is the catalyst toward novelty.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

No the thing is counter intuitive,up is toward habit and down is toward Novelty.We act according to our ideas and choice,but the trend which we inhabit is going one way or the other and so we can be in accord with the time or in opposition.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Fabic

You are correct but, IMO, it isn't exactly that simple.

The timewave might represent information just as you say, but what information does it represent?
We know that novelty doesn't necessarily represent anything involving humans on on this planet. But if the timewave really does represent the underlying interconnectedness of the universe then we are a part of that equation.

Yet, peaks and troughs in the timewave just magically happen to directly correllate with major events in human history. It could be that it's just a coincidence and that we're trying to fill in the blanks with something easy for us to understand (volcanoes, war, economic turmoil). But it just isn't that simple either.

What we're left with is "novelty" with regards to Mckenna's timeline which represents a cross-section of the interconnected state of everything in the universe with relation to time. At its most basic level, timewave probably exists in the form of constantly-processed information. Just the possibility for that information to exist raises all kinds of pretty mind-boggling questions. What I don't really understand (and probably alot of people reading this thread) is what exactly the peaks and troughs mean or otherwise imply. If the timewave is information, what processes that information? Where does the data come from? Is it projected by "god"? Or is it simply projected by living beings?

If the timewave represents an interconnected state of the universe in the form of mathematical data plotted on a graph, this "status of everything" would have to represents an almost "supreme" form of intelligence in the background being able to decide how time really progresses which could keep tabs on the timewave as it permeates the universe. The only way any zero point could be reached is if the math leading up to that zero point were pre-programmed into the timewave. It isn't as simple as the zero point simply occurring.

The immense amount of math that would be required for the universe to calculate the state of the timewave at any given time basically implies some kind of "super-processor". It would have to process all things going on in the universe all the time. Because time isn't as simple as things simply occurring and not occuring. There is free will and choices involved in which living beings can change things depending on what decisions they make.

So, maybe the timewave is simply like the projector in which we play the roles of the actors. It's possible that there isn't even a "god" at all, but we are the ones processing all this data as a group subconscious. It could also be possible that we collectively create our own reality just before it actually occurs. When you think about it, the closer you are to a point in the future, the better you would be able to calculate how it would actually unfold. So with enough computing power (us) the timewave could be projected to represent and account for all human activities on earth and off. Therefore, it's quite possible that WE are the ones pre-programmed and not the timewave. Again..More questions, not alot of answers.

It just goes to show how subjective this stuff really is just because of our lack of understanding of how time really operates.

-ChriS

[edit on 24-7-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Why come there was never a Dip on September 11th 2001?

Anyway nothing has happened so far on thr 23rd......still time.

Tsom87

This is exactly the kind of confusing stuff I'm talking about though. If novelty represents a baseline interconnectedness of everything in the universe, why would it just happen to directly correllate with events affecting humans in particular?

It's possible that it's all just a big coincidence, like I said before. But just how likely would it be that all these events are represented as peaks and troughs in the timewave? IMO, this is one of the reasons McKenna's theory can't be so easily debunked. These kinds of "coincidences" are much more meaningful since they've occured pretty regularly throughout human history.

But it is also true this very, very unlikely series of coincidences also represents a contradiction in what people say the timewave really represents. If it really represents this deep interconnected status of everything in the universe, and it doesn't represent anything in particular involving human beings, why all these pretty unlikely correllations with important human events? Talk about wierd (and confusing).

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteblack
I...will...be...very...damned...if...twz...predict...something...happen...on...july...22-23...

nothing happened...it probably marked as total eclipse happening on july 22nd 'cause the timeline dropped like a rock from july 22 to 23

[edit on 24-7-2009 by whiteblack]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by whiteblack]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I've spent the last couple hours reading through these Timewave threads, and I'd just like to share what I'm thinking, if I can properly put it into words.

The way I've come to understand it, and maybe not everyone sees it the same, the Timewave itself represents the connectedness of our consciousness at any one point in time. Dips towards novelty indicate moments where a larger number of people all have the same image or event in their conscious thoughts, while ascension towards habit indicate a separation back towards our individual lives and our individual thoughts. If you think of it like this, it is easier to understand the June 25th drop to be representing MJ's death or the most recent drop as representing the Solar Eclipse.

It's easy to fall into the trap of looking for major events that are disasters or tragedies and the like, and these are usually what make news around the world, but the Eclipse is an example of a global news event with no good or bad attached to it. So the Timewave isn't predicting earthquakes or terrorist attacks or market collapses, although those things by their nature tend to affect large numbers of people and will show up; instead, it's marking periods of shared experience among many people.

This got me thinking of the endpoint, of Dec 21, 2012 and what it might mean. The OP, (Evasius) has mentioned numerous times how he believes this to be a transition, not an end; a point where what lay on the other side is up to us to decide.

And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that we are already creating that experience right now. No matter what you believe will happen on 2012 (Mayan end, Nibiru, nothing, Second Coming), it's safe to say that everyone on this site is aware of that date. Even if we think it will be a day just like every other, there will surely be some sense of anticipation as the date approaches. Certainly on that day, it will be hard to put out of your mind the idea that, this is it. This is the day. Will something happen or won't it?

Now expand out from just this site. Lots of dates get tossed around on this site, come and go. But this one is going to be different. This one will be out there, part of popular culture. It's already building. Hundreds, thousands of websites; discovery channel pieces; a Hollywood blockbuster out soon; and brief mentions in the media now will become an avalanche in the days leading up to that one specific date.

Does it mean that something is going to happen? No. But to me, if the Timewave endpoint is to represent the ultimate shared experience, a complete connected consciousness, there are only a few events I can think of which could impact the entire planet at once. Aliens? Asteroid? Apocalypse?

Or is it something as simple as a shared conscious thought. Like some self-fulfilling prophecy, are we actually laying the seeds of the moment which will become the Timewave endpoint? Is there something special about that day? Or have we simply chosen that day to do something special?

Thoughts?

(sorry if this has a rambling nature - I warned that I would put it into words as best I could) :")

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Tomorrow (The 25th) is ressonant with 1794 which marks the end of the French Reign of Terror. I presume the media on swine flu would indicate the concious pattern, and the eclipse with ancient civilization fear thrown into the mix - makes this interesting.

Over the 25th - 26th looks like calm before 28th with a rise that resonate with 1975 Copenhagen Fire. It is interesting however that this had an effect on the economy with a new mortgage system introduced.

It's also interesting that in this period Small pox was rampant, even used as a biological weapon. Also, the first trials of a vaccination began in 1796.. infact people at the time were worried about the vaccinations would grow cowlike appendagers

Sorry my graphs arnt as perty as Evasiuv lol

[edit on 24-7-2009 by JRSB]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Think of the implications of programmable matter:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
check out the video posted on that thread.
This will be a HUGE leap for mankind. It will transform our reality beyond imagination.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If this role Timewave "thing" is real, and December 21 is going to be the lowest valley on the graph, then could it mean that it is going to be so low because of the role "End of The World" idea around this day?

I don't know how to explain exactly what i'm thinking, but it' something like this. The Timewave measures the conscious connectedness right? In December 21 everyone in the world will be thinking about the end of the world, if it's going to happen or not, how it will happen, etc. So everyone's mind will be focused on the same thing, makin the graph hit the lowest point ever.

Everyone is already talking about this day 3 years before it happens. I've never seen a prophecy become so popular. So imagine how people are going to be aprehensive the days before December 21.

I don't know if anyone have posted the same thing that i did. I've skipped some pages.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join