It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's anti-terrorism special police force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In response to the growing threat of international and domestic terrorism activities, particularly airline hijackings, China established a dedicated anti-terrorism special police force on 22 July 1982. Originally led by the Ministry of Public Security, the Chinese police authority, this special police unit was later subordinated to the People's Armed Police (PAP) Forces in 1983.
Like most anti-terrorism forces around the world, the PAP Special Police receives the best equipment as well as toughest training. Their missions include anti-terrorism, anti-hijacking, hostage rescuing, riot control. The PAP Special Police also assists the special police (SWAT) teams of the local public security authorities (police services) in dealing with violent criminals.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Now that would be an anti-terror force which would get the job done. I wouldn't want them here, in the US, but planes from China more then likely won't become terror objects. With little to no human rights, an anti-terror force could be very effective. That is the price we pay for freedom, and I for one am glad to pay it.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've seen pics of chinese swat teams who look very different from those. If I find them again I'll post 'em up here.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've found them pretty quick.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by gooking]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Shoa Lin monks and machine guns

Not a good mix for terrorists. lol

Thats one might fine looking Cop.

Deep

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

These sub-machine guns in the above pic are crap
Don't they use mp5s?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
hey, the pics on the first floor aren't special force, it's old and they are just normal police force. the pics down there- police in black, i mean, those are recently special police teams in one city(in which i can't remember/ the gun they use was crap, but in the older pics they use the new type 95 gun. i think in Chinese special force they should equip type 95 carbin(shorter than army version). that's the gun China designed to equip the special force.
here is the link:
world.guns.ru...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
yeah this is the gun

Looks like a FAMAS
I wonder how's it preformance?
Is it comparable to western made rifles

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

this must be the crap sub-machine gun
called the type 81 or something