It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South Atlantic Anomaly And The Disappearance Of Flt 447

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRunning

You said the Earths magnetic field doesn’t extend into space?

Earth's magnetic field (and the surface magnetic field) is approximately a magnetic dipole, with the magnetic field S pole near the Earth's geographic north pole (see Magnetic North Pole) and the other magnetic field N pole near the Earth's geographic south pole (see Magnetic South Pole). An imaginary line joining the magnetic poles would be inclined by approximately 11.3° from the planet's axis of rotation. The cause of the field can be explained by dynamo theory.

Magnetic fields extend infinitely, though they are weaker further from their source. The Earth's magnetic field, which effectively extends several tens of thousands of kilometers into space, is called the magnetosphere.

wikipedia.org

Yes the source is the spinning iron core, but the field extends many miles out into space. Solar activity does indeed effect the field and could potentially create an anomaly like the one being discussed, the field is dynamic, NOT static.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b670cc7b5fbf.jpg[/atsimg]
Image of Earths magnetic field interacting with solar events courtesy:dailygalaxy.com

[edit on 6/6/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The solar flare/magnetic field image is the same image as the one used to compare the jellyfish crop circle that appeared on May 31st! Wonder if there is any correlation? Solar flares are supposed to become intense in the near future too.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If an EMP like event occured, how is it that 24 messages were able to be transmitted indicating an electrical failure?

If a mid air break up happened, why is there such a large area of a fuel slick?...would it not have just scattered fuel over a wide area and disipate faster?

For every plausiable answer another question is asked. This is going to become a topic of discussion among aviation professions for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

The cause was likely a combination of complex and rare weather, oceanic, and mechanical events IMO. We have the technology to send a ROV down there (21,000 feet), so I would bet we will be soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

Navy officials confirmed that that was not kerosene but oil and that by the quantity it couldn't be from the Airbus.

But this is not J.J. Abrams LOST and some of the remains of the plane including passengers have been found.

For all the indications so far it seems it was a massive system failure mixed with the environmental conditions and pilots orienting them selves by instinct.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
CNN - Bodies Found

Now i'm one of the few people who believe this was a terrible accident as opposed to some conspiracy but the part that stands out is that they apparently found a briefcase with a plane ticket in and a reservation number. That just stinks of when they found the passport of the terrorist in 9/11. 3 or 4 days in the sea and you're telling me that no water has got into the briefcase and its still floating completely in tact. Also the fact that they can find a briefcase but not a plane? hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff i must say, its weird, i recently re-watched David Wilcock's 2012 enigma conference taping and he talked about star gates. The picture he shows of the Earth's natural star gates has one right where the crash site was. The picture is near the beginning of the clip at 12 seconds in.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As an experienced pilot with more than 3,000 hrs of international wide-body jet time, I'll say the MOST likely scenario is that they had Air Data Computer and other electrical problems. Then they hit severe turbulence in an embedded thunderstorm that they did not paint on their radar, especially if they were having electrical problems that may have disabled their radar at just the wrong time.

However, on ATS, I think we try to look at the Unlikely whenever possible. So that said:

Is it possible that AF 447 happened to be at the wrong place and time when the Atlantic Anomaly area was in some sort of temporary flux?

Well obviously, anything is possible, but more evidence about that day and time would help determine if it was at all possible. Although satellites are turned off as they pass through the Atlantic Anomaly, surveillance is possible with satellites images, such as the "Doris instrument" onboard Jason-1 -- ironically, a joint project between the NASA (United States) and the CNES (France) space agencies. Those images may NOT be data they want to "share" with other countries, if they were acquiring "sensitive" South American imagery data that day (like spying on Chavez).

Although other aircraft were in the area, AFAIK none on the exact path at FA 447 until several hours after AF 447 flight went missing. They were at 35,000', no where near the ionosphere -- but maybe close enough depending on the conditions.

Most of us know the earth's magnetic poles are shifting slightly and we are "overdue" for a pole reversal. As the geomagnetic field continues to wobble and weaken, the inner Van Allen belt will get closer to the Earth, with a commensurate enlargement of the Atlantic Anomaly at given altitudes.

While the FA 447 flight path is used by commercial pilots without incidence daily, could the storm cells they were navigating through somehow have "tapped" into electromagnetic and/or electrostatic instability of a lower Van Allen belt on the edge of space?

Normally such electromagnetic and/or electrostatic instability of the Atlantic Anomaly would be as a result of a strong Geomagnetic Storm, such as an event that took place on Sept. 22-23, 1999. However, I'm unaware of solar flares of any significance hitting the earth at that time.

More on this unlikely, but intriguing, possibility here:

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by BugBomb]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by BugBomb]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
CNN - Bodies Found
That just stinks of when they found the passport of the terrorist in 9/11. 3 or 4 days in the sea and you're telling me that no water has got into the briefcase and its still floating completely in tact. Also the fact that they can find a briefcase but not a plane? hmmmm.

My thoughts exactly. All on a silver platter at the same time. I still smell horse sh!t on this one.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
reply to post by MBSCSDD

Navy officials confirmed that that was not kerosene but oil and that by the quantity it couldn't be from the Airbus.

edition.cnn.com...

Oil? Oil? What oil? There was oil? How much? A lot? A little?
Where'd the oil come from? Did it hit a freaking boat? What on earth is going on here?!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A handful of luggage companies DO make Waterproof Briefcases that float and are impact resistant (military spec), like this:

www.skbcases.com...

But if you think about it:

If the aircraft hit the water mostly intact, the G-forces upon impact should have crushed the briefcase as if it were made of cardboard, along with other containerized goods. If this briefcase survived impact and went down with the plane as it sank to the ocean floor, it should have been crushed by the enormous pressure of the sea water at deep depths. I can't see how it would "pop" up and out, to then float to the surface, as it sank along with the mangled metal and contents of the main cabin.

Conversely, if the aircraft broke apart in flight, there should be a HELL of a lot of debris found floating -- bodies, seat cushions, wooden pallets, other water-proof containers, etc. This is the most likely scenario, since the aircraft probably had 50-60% of it's takeoff fuel left, yet left no fuel slick in the water (indicating the fuel was most likely atomized in the air stream as the aircraft broke apart at high speed and altitude).

Yeah, something is not adding up on this latest claim.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

read better, mate.
i never said the magnetic field does not extend into space.
by the contrary, i said it is detectable from space... otherwise it wouldn't be a field BTW !
but it still takes its roots in earth's core anyway.

nor did i say it's static : by the contrary, i said it depends on MAGMAtic activity, which is a dynamic fluid.

no need to call wiki for that ...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was just about to post a link to an article and say "case closed" (which would include my own post on this... www.abovetopsecret.com...)

However, after just reading some of the comments recently posted, I have to concure, that the briefcase with ticket inside just doesn't add up... As has already been stated, it should have been crushed like a carboard box when hitting the water. Even from 100 feet, anything not totally streamlined when hitting water might as well be hitting concrete.

Something smells funny here.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Oil? Oil? What oil? There was oil? How much? A lot? A little?
Where'd the oil come from? Did it hit a freaking boat? What on earth is going on here?!

are you drunk

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
wow !

excellent research guys

S+F i never knew there were 12 "devil's triangles" i have only known about 1 lol the Bermuda one

thank you for educating me about the further developments in this area of speculation/knowledge

extremely interesting stuff for sure

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Time slips, flashes of light... man the creators of LOST be kinda salivating in a sick way. I say that because whatever brought down Flt 447 was not a usual event (eg. electrical failure, engine trouble, etc...) and I think everyone here will agree that there is definitely something "special" did cause this tragedy. TPTB know exactly what happened, but I'm sure that us slaves (in their minds at least) will never really know the true fate of these souls lost.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Anyone can see there is a storm belt.
The Anomaly zone looks somewhere else.
No storms in the flight path might not rule out
a powerful lightning strike

Flashes of light we see on youtube UFO videos.
Just how bright are these flashes in the sky.
Very bright, so bright that the image floods out.

A transmission of ether charges have unknown power.
The ether doesn't exist so we can't study it.
Tesla: ether is an insulative fluid with electrical charges.
Why:
because this was the response to his experiments
since 1892.
People say millions of volts is not necessary for breaking the
fluid and electrically freezing the charges at high frequency.
But what if someone wanted to toss out these charges.
A passing craft with voltage charges might cause an electrical
disturbance but that holds for any aircraft which we have no idea
if this happened before.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Its now official they have found bodies and a ticket. Heres a link
news.yahoo.com...

sorry if some one beat me to the post, I just skimmed the replies. My bad

[edit on 6/6/2009 by dirtydog]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRunning

Thanks a lot, I thought it might be to do with the thickness of the earth's crust, sure that cropped up in a thread on Antarctica recently.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I´ve got another theory for everyone to think about. Although it has been reported that the weather encountered by AF447 was not unusual for that time of year, nevertheless it was severe. A rare phenomena associated with some thunderstorms is the occurance of red sprites and blue jets. Although these events usually happen above active thunderstorm cells and extend into the mesosphere and ionosphere, their effects throughout a thunderstorm cell when produced are relatively unknown. Another, even less known phenomena associated with thunderstorms (which is also being intensly researched) is the generation of short duration gamma ray bursts as well as very intense VHF pulses called TIPPS. Current research suggests that all of these different thunderstorm related phenomena are high altitude events, however nothing is known about the possible side effects an aircraft can experience when flying in or near a thunderstorm cell when one or more of these type of rare events happen. Some of the energy that is released seems to be enormous. I wouldn´t doubt if AF447 was subjected to a massive burst of energy, especially a gamma ray burst that shot through the thunderstorm it was flying through, it could have wiped out it´s entire electrical systems in short order. This may explain why other aircraft flying through the same area were not effected. AF447 just happened to be in the wrong place at a very wrong time. Check out this link and tell me what you think: elf.gi.alaska.edu...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by fockewulf190]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join