It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is This Not Upsetting Blacks? New Song Produced Called "Whip It Like A Slave"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry when I heard this I had to post it here! Just imagine the repercussion's that a white person would face if they made a song called "Whip It Like A Slave" ... this is a song by some very famous black rappers... My jaw dropped when I heard this, it is truly sad seeing as to how these types of songs can be produced and nothing happen to the rappers because they're black.

honestly if a white person made this they would be in court in no time.

Here's a snippet of the song:

*Warning* = Profanity

[edit on 3-6-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It doesn't affect blacks becuase it's called culture. The same way when people call me a honkey I don't care.

Actions speak louder than words dude.

Anybody in that culture know's that he is referring to whipping crack. It's a metaphor fool, not a very clever one as I've heard it before.

But again, it's his culture. Lil Wayne grew up whipping crack apparantly, so why not rap about it?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

yeah, i know that, but just imagine if a white person made this, dude.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's just a stupid rap song. It's entertainment. If Lil' Wayne offends you then you are way too sensitive.

Also, what is conspiratorial about this since you put it in the general conspiracies forum?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

haha lil wayne doesn't offend me at all he's my favorite rapper, honestly. i've got about 200 of his songs in my iTunes ... i just thought it was interesting.

i just thought it would be good here, since people have put racist and other related threads here.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Impresses me as a song that is intentionally evocative and designed to produce a reaction. There's no such thing as bad press in this arena...... the more hated the song is, the more it will sell, because people just can't help looking at the car wreck.

We want to look away, but.........

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Dude, type in a google search "got more whips than a slave" and see how many WHITE people use that term. It's only offensive if you allow it.

Are you trying to insite something?

METAPHOR!

It doesn't matter your skin color, I'm white with black step brothers and I make racist jokes with them worse than that.

They don't get offended tho, becuase they realize it's all in fun.

It's all about how you do things and how your percieved.

Now someone like YOU who turns a non issue to an issue is the kind of person who must not realize that.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I think what should be just as offensive is that they are referred to as "Blacks".
I mean, come on man. Haven't we moved past that already. I'm not the most politically correct person in the world by any means but "Blacks"

I think I would afford them the dignity of at least choosing a description of them based on something other than their skin color.

African Americans, The African American community, peoples of African American decent, etc.

Sorry to be so rude but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I read the heading, and I am just a Honkey from the Midwest.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

it's a SIMILE by the way not a metaphor, but i get what you're trying to say ... just imagine some black person who randomly heard a white dude, say Asher Roth, rapping about whipping someone like a slave they would not get offended?

please don't pull out the i have black friends card.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Don't worry about it; somehow, the soulful allure of rap music is continuing to escape me, too.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Slavery was real. It really happened. It's part of history. Why is it not okay to talk about it or use the concept of it in art?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
It doesn't affect blacks becuase it's called culture. The same way when people call me a honkey I don't care.

Actions speak louder than words dude.

Anybody in that culture know's that he is referring to whipping crack. It's a metaphor fool, not a very clever one as I've heard it before.

But again, it's his culture. Lil Wayne grew up whipping crack apparantly, so why not rap about it?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

lol he might have whipped crack or whipping crack rocks lol whatever he calls it in his culture. in my culture its called selling a chep drugs to poor people in his own community. but adding the words "Whip It Like A Slave" is just dumb. what a pathetic justafation what a pathetic culture if this is black so called culture which it is not. this is a commercial rapper who sells most his cd's to white american teens and who cant go out clubn in his own "hood" most thes dude where in drama school when other dudes thay know where putin in work lol I think the term is Bitch azz nega in his own culture. lol dumb

Whip It Like A Slave"

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

so Jesus H Christ it also offended you when i described German/Irish/Swiss/European American's as white as well? They aren't African American, They're American! what's so bad with saying black?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh man I am such a closet Lil Wayne fan.

I'm pretty sure it's acceptable because he's black, whereas it may be a different if, say, Eminem said it, since he's white.

Personally, I take no offense to these kinds of things, and I don't think anyone should. It's just words, you know? And slavery of African Americans in America is no longer in existance, so I feel that, while maybe not in the best taste, it's something to not take too seriously.

Tech N9ne is my favorite rapper, and he's got a few songs that are racist against white people and I'm white but I still love his music all the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Insubordinate Soul

I find this post hilarious because it's true. I know several black people that like Lil Wayne, but overall in my area, it's those white hardcore "Emo" kids that love his music. I'm pretty sure this is why his next album is a "rock" album. Gotta sell what's popular, am I right?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heatburger
I'm pretty sure it's acceptable because he's black, whereas it may be a different if, say, Eminem said it, since he's white.

That's what the point of my post is.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Haha. Just shows you us white people are good at brain washing. No one cares anymore what we do or say, I love it.Lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Good call on simile, looks like I should go take a semester of English Grammar.

Bad call on Asher Roth.

www.racialicious.com...

But apparently, Asher Roth has been busy.

Apparently, Asher Roth was recently on the Rutgers campus and tweeted that he was hanging out with some “Nappy Headed Hoe’s.” He then tried to clean it up and recant by saying that “he was trying to make fun of Don Imus.” He apologized as well.

So, um, White rappers, even your boy Asher Roth do make comment like that and NOBODY cares. HE EVEN USED WHAT GOT DON IMUS IN TROUBLE. Because humans with common sense understand entertainment.

Quit trying to get a race debate started. I'm so sick of that stuff on this forum, that's not what ATS is about.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

how does a white person saying, "nappy headed hoe's" (i know what they are by the way) compare to a white person saying, "whipping something like a slave?"

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
C'mon, you can't be serious?

It's all in the context...as Carlin once said.

I'm a hip hop junky, and personally the ghetto-nastier the better.

Most black artists in the hip hop community love to capitalize on it.

Part of the game. It's all about making bank. Bottom line.

Find something controversial even racial and make a rap, especially if the line's catchy............cha' ching'. $$$

*blow up like the world trade*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join