It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can u shapeshift?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i want nothing more than to be that wolf that i have always felt i am. please if anyone knows how to make this happen let me know whether its on here or U2U message. thanks so much.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Heres a pretty interesting thread I read a while bag when I looked up shape shifting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
thank you. i took a look at that earlier too actually. its pretty interesting but theres not really a legit answer that anyone gives ya know, step by step sort of.
ketrino.angelfire.com... this link is pretty intersting, i just found it. (if anyone else is curious)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
shape shifting has been culturally present in human society for a rather long time. Deer Dancer, a book by Michele Jamal is a great collection of Shape-Shifting folklore from across the globe.

as for actually shape-shifting... that is a tricky one.

i would recommend exploring the terrain in your dreamscape. in other words, if you are able to lucid dream (become aware you are dreaming in your dream), you can then attempt to shape-shift. (some folks fly, some folks breath under water. once you are able to "go lucid" you can pretty much do as you will. "going lucid" is the tricky part, and is a whole other topic)

i have done this in Lucid Dreams several times, becoming a variety of mammals. it is quite a bizarre experience... and yet, running as an animal feels quite natural and exilerating.

anyhow... that would by my suggestion. experiment with Lucid Dreaming.
research folklore on the subject... Native American and Druidic cultures especially. in these cultures... during sacred Rites (usually involving halucinigenics and a properly trained priest/shaman on hand) one can also achieve the experience of Shape-Shifting. these are powerful and old ceremonies, and i am not advocating going out and doing drugs... just offering cultural relevances.

if you are into Role Playing Games, Whitewolf has a gaming system called Werewolf that explores the topic as well. you can be a wolf. you just gotta roll some dice to do it!

a last tidbit: the term Berserker comes from the word "Bear Shirt". the Viking front-line shock troops would wear shirts made of Bear fur, drink some crazy brew that would, in their minds, turn them into Bears, in which they would gain remarkable strength and do some serious damage on the battle-field. most Berserkers did not survive the battle however. but they certainly made hell for their foes.

good luck. explore, but be wary. altering the psyche is not a trifle thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by danglesnipes27
i want nothing more than to be that wolf that i have always felt i am. please if anyone knows how to make this happen let me know whether its on here or U2U message. thanks so much.

Perhaps you were a wolf in a past life and need to learn to be human now.

Wolves are amazing, intelligent creatures.
It might be an idea to spend your spare time learning about them and advocating for their protection.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

In real life? No.
You can dream it, you can think it, you can read it, but you just can't do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
thank you all. your words have been helping. i have been scouring the internet for several days searching for theories, stories, facts, etc. many people claim to be devilish wolves. thats not what i want. the most plausible theory in my opinion, is told by a woman that claims to be a werewolf in my above link. she says to meditate and will the wolf out of you, imagine the changes. the mind is powerful...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
shape shifting has been culturally present in human society for a rather long time. Deer Dancer, a book by Michele Jamal is a great collection of Shape-Shifting folklore from across the globe.

as for actually shape-shifting... that is a tricky one.

i would recommend exploring the terrain in your dreamscape. in other words, if you are able to lucid dream (become aware you are dreaming in your dream), you can then attempt to shape-shift. (some folks fly, some folks breath under water. once you are able to "go lucid" you can pretty much do as you will. "going lucid" is the tricky part, and is a whole other topic)

i have done this in Lucid Dreams several times, becoming a variety of mammals. it is quite a bizarre experience... and yet, running as an animal feels quite natural and exilerating.

anyhow... that would by my suggestion. experiment with Lucid Dreaming.
research folklore on the subject... Native American and Druidic cultures especially. in these cultures... during sacred Rites (usually involving halucinigenics and a properly trained priest/shaman on hand) one can also achieve the experience of Shape-Shifting. these are powerful and old ceremonies, and i am not advocating going out and doing drugs... just offering cultural relevances.

if you are into Role Playing Games, Whitewolf has a gaming system called Werewolf that explores the topic as well. you can be a wolf. you just gotta roll some dice to do it!

a last tidbit: the term Berserker comes from the word "Bear Shirt". the Viking front-line shock troops would wear shirts made of Bear fur, drink some crazy brew that would, in their minds, turn them into Bears, in which they would gain remarkable strength and do some serious damage on the battle-field. most Berserkers did not survive the battle however. but they certainly made hell for their foes.

good luck. explore, but be wary. altering the psyche is not a trifle thing.

lucid dreams are exremely appealing to me. ive never had one, but i have read on them before. i feel as if it would be an incredible escape to be able to achieve. i will look much more into this. thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

of course logic would incline me to agree. but "can't" is a strong word. it implies never, and never is an absolute. i try my darndest to avoid absolutes. life and the universe is far too infinite for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
agreed. i wont argue with you because i believe "to each his/her own" but i wont stop trying.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I remember this from the lurking days i think the issue was resolved here

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiracy
I remember this from the lurking days i think the issue was resolved here

thanks spiracy. ive been reading it for about a half hour and its pretty good. i just wish someone would message me and say "oh hey. i turn into a wolf all the time. heres how.." haha a guy can dream!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You can shapeshift

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

your link didnt work

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
instead of wanting to become a wolf or some sort of werewolf, which is I believe is only possible in dreams, you should try embracing the fact that you are human. As a human you have more abilities than other animals. Human brains are among the most developed out there in the animal kingdom, and you should celebrate the fact you are human instead of a worm, or cat, or even a wolf or werewolf.
Nothing better than being human I believe, we get to live longer than other species and we are capable of questioning the world around us.
No need to want to be some sort of wolf, being a human is wonderful and should be embraced.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

your link didnt work

Try this one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

your link didnt work

Try this one

www.youtube.com...

haha i definitely saw this on ripleys believe it or not. ill just tattoo some fur on me i guess. nothing solid so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by Pauligirl

of course logic would incline me to agree. but "can't" is a strong word. it implies never, and never is an absolute. i try my darndest to avoid absolutes. life and the universe is far too infinite for that.

That's true, so let me re-word this. Unless some totally unknown, utterly fantastic, creepily powerful and probably alien influence happens, you just can't do it.

How's that for non-absolute?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

your link didnt work

Try this one

www.youtube.com...

haha i definitely saw this on ripleys believe it or not. ill just tattoo some fur on me i guess. nothing solid so far.

This guy did.
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sure... no problem. What you seek is "demonic powers". To attract a demon you must feed "it". Are you sure this is what you want? The "wolf" that you believe is calling you is more like a................ dragon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join