It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

large ufo sighting in Cambridgeshire(pilot & military reports)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not sure, but good that we have witnesses who know what they are looking at. One interesting claim(no matter how true or untrue) says that they were flying at only 3,000 feet and seemed like the size of buildings?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So many sightings in UK over the last year or so.

And many of them now making the papers and television news.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This must be the incident that DailyMail reported about too. However, they seem to have pulled the story, for some reason.

Whatever it is, and before other posters says it; it is apparently not lanterns, which can be clearly seen when looking in the larger pic, and is also understood from the description by the witness Mr. Hedgecoe, regarding the size of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

multiple witness, making extraordinary claims, backed up by photographic evidence....
this has the makings of a good thread.....
s+f

I don't know what they could be if that many people saw them, some from as close as 3000 ft.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It seems like The Pleiadians really want to make it known that they're here! Anyone who wants more info. on these ETs should check out Ships of Light: The Carlos Diaz Experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Nick Pope made that observation at the ufo conference on sunday. He said that last year (known as the "summer of the saucers") had the very first front page national tabloid ufo story. Which in terms of ufology, is massive! Stories being dealt with in a mature way, and not having snide remarks littering the articles, is a huge step forward. And maybe even an indication that the phenomina is starting to be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Couldn't agree more. It seems every week there is at least one serious, credible UFO story reported in the news.

I wonder why there has been a sudden influx of sightings though?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Nick Pope made that observation at the ufo conference on sunday. He said that last year (known as the "summer of the saucers") had the very first front page national tabloid ufo story. Which in terms of ufology, is massive! Stories being dealt with in a mature way, and not having snide remarks littering the articles, is a huge step forward. And maybe even an indication that the phenomina is starting to be taken seriously.

What paper?
Sounds pretty interesting id wanna read it if you know where its from please ^___^

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
GRRR!

How can you not know what they are

""I noticed three lights floating past our house""
really?

Tada! sky lanterns yet again

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe but other witnesses claimed they shot off into the distance at an incredible speed.
Im no expert, but sky lanterns cannot do that.

Suppose it all depends on the credibility of the witness statements.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mr Bob, its a good guess, but I'm willing to bet pilots and and military officials don't make such obvious mistakes.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Definitely looks like lanterns to me. If they were moving so "fast" then I doubt anyone would have been able to get a picture of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well I wish these UFO's would hover over Aberdeen. Seen nothing up here!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I doubt, however, that Lanterns are made in the size of buildings. Mr Hedgecoe said that the objects were huge as buildings and also seemed massive.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd like to refer anyone claiming 'sky lanterns' on this to my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

In this picture from the Sun, the picture looks CGI. Sorry

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
same story from: www.mirror.co.uk...

Malcolm Robinson, of Strange Phenomenon Investigations, had a different explanation. He said: "I am sorry to disappoint but these are Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
^^ Where are the zealots now? Seems they've gone quiet all of a sudden.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I live in the area, not seen or heard anything about this story, and had I missed it personally I would expect people I speak to have heard something about it, but not a sausage.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here is the local papers report with the actual photo taken as well as a mock up of what people saw;

Hunts post report

top topics

<<   2 >>

join