It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all celebrate "Islam day" !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How about a Jihad day ? or kill an infidel day?

This forced islamic integration is getting ridiculous.
You can't say merry Christmas anymore (happy Holiday in the U.S) but they deserve a day?

A legislative resolution designating Sept. 24 as "Islam Day" is generating criticism from mainland residents who say they will not travel to Hawaii because of it.

source

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Let's check the rest of the sourced material:

Resolution author Rep. Lyla Berg, a Democrat from Hahaione Valley-Aina Haina, said it was meant to foster awareness of and education about Islam.

She notes that Hawaii recognizes similar dates, including those relating to Buddhism, Baha'i and Christianity.

OK, so why is learning something different wrong?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
To the OP: *snip* You know very well that only the extremist Muslims fall under the categories you mentioned.

But I will point out this - why is Islam singled out? Why is there no "Hindu Day" mentioned, for example? If the point is to increase cultural awareness I would argue that there are just as many Hindus in this country as there are Muslims.

Mod Edit : Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 6/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

link   
reply to post by intrepid

As far as I am aware, the Buddhists and baha'ist do not consider everybody else like infidels who do not deserve to live.

PS: before you patronize me, please advice if you are moderating or commenting on the thread. thanks.

link   
If they recognize other faiths with a "fill in your religion day" then why not Islam day?

I personly think that no religion should be given its own calender date of observance under the doctrine of seperation of chuch and state. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I agree.
They shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay

As far as I am aware, the Buddhists and baha'ist do not consider everybody else like infidels who do not deserve to live.

Is that your take on all of Islam? I think if you took this day at its merit you may actually learn something. Seems like this day has merit.

PS: before you patronize me, please advice if you are moderating or commenting on the thread. thanks.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As with all threads, if a staffer is involved in a thread they don't moderate it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

One solution to this would be to create 1 day on the calendar (like maybe December 32nd) that celebrates ALL religions...

It could be called "Tithe Day" or maybe "Zealots Day"...

That way, no one is offended or left out...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I agree with you, but I also think that to celebrate an Islam Day, less than two weeks after 911 is an odd choice for a date. Imagine if you were a relative of a victim, on a Monday 11th you mourn the anniversary of their death, and a thirteen days later on the 24th you're marking Islam day.

I know that a tiny minority are extremists, and not all Muslims hate the US, but I just think it's insensitive.

Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

How about "irrational day"
or "superstition day" ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What about Zod day, we can all worship Zod as his Kryptonian theorys on death to all humans and enslavement is the best you can hopefore is much easier to swallow that the teachings of the Koran

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When Islam comes out of the middle ages, we will have something to talk about. I have a problem with any group that treats its goats better then its women.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

or "superstition day" ?

Superstition Day...how come I didn't think of that..?

Star for you...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Let's all celebrate "Islam Day" !

How about let's not and say we did?

Silent Thunder,

Down with Ismaili cyclic gnosis and Qarmatian ontological hijinks; not at all down with the proliferation of politically correct "holidays."

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

or "superstition day" ?

We already have Easter, Christmas and Halloween.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well, here is for you info
and thanks for addressing the moderator/comments thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We could have inferior non-beleiver day where all the kuffars,goys,heathens,blasphemers,heretics and infidels get together and
celebrate their unique non-cultness.

(I'm being perfectly serious)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'love to see a "RAEL" day.
that wuld be awesome.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

And that's different from the Old Testament how? Btw, that's selective quoting. Have you read ALL of the Qu'ran?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join