It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves Masons too!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Even though they might be up to no good, and fancy themselves the keepers of the flame and the high temple priests, the bringers of light to a world of darkness, while bypassing Jesus Christ as the light of life - God still loves them too.

May God bless you Freemasons, and if you're into a light that is a darkness (by presuming you can engineer your own salvation and secure an exclusive right to entrance into the "Celestial Lodge Above", may you find your way to the true light and love of God, and like the rest of us, work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

Bottom line, we're all in this thing together, and no one can differentiate themselves from the pack. The walls of your lodge are as transparent to the light of God as are the things that divide any one person from another, or any one group or nation from another.

We are all one big family in the house of God.

I release from my aversion towards you.

Warm Regards, and with Brotherly Love,

OmegaPoint
aka Rob

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Speak for yourself!! we can draw our own conclusions!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

That's funny!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If you are talking about the Judeo/Christian God... then He hates Masons, because they worship false idols and that really pisses Him off.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A quote by Plato...

"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters."

- Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Masons are Christians.
Or at least some of them are. Some of them are also Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, and Buddhist, and a number of other religions.

May God bless you Freemasons, and if you're into a light that is a darkness (by presuming you can engineer your own salvation and secure an exclusive right to entrance into the "Celestial Lodge Above", may you find your way to the true light and love of God, and like the rest of us, work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

You do know that "Celestial Lodge in the Sky" is meant in the same way someone will say the "Great Cornfield in the Sky" or whatever nick name you could use.
They aren't trying to obtain an exclusive way to heaven, no more than any man.

Even though they might be up to no good, and fancy themselves the keepers of the flame and the high temple priests, the bringers of light to a world of darkness, while bypassing Jesus Christ as the light of life - God still loves them too.

No Mason will claim to be a keeper of the flame, or any of these things you've called them.
Like I've said, most of them are Christian, as such they follow Christ.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thank you for that. As a christian mason who believes that Jesus is the son of God, I thank you. And on behalf of the Jewish masons, I thank you. And on behalf of all the other religions who are included in masonry, I thank you.

Since I have not been to heaven and asked St. Peter which religion gets the free pass, I have no idea who is right. If you follow South Park, it's the mormons.
While I have my beliefs, I also respect other peoples beliefs. Hell, they might be right and I may be wrong. It did happened once before. I tend to think that God or whatever you call him would understand that as long as you believe in him, you are on the right path. The tribe of wild bogly bogly indians in an undescovered jungle who have never been to your church pay homage to the great and powerful JuJu. Are they wrong because they don't know his name is God? That is not for me to decide, but again, I think that God is smart enough to understand what they meant.

That is what I love about masonry. It is not a religion. We don't pray to a masonic statue of Baal, or Blafamet, or Bob the cat. We pray to whatever God we believe in. That is the foundation of masonry. The core if you want to call it that.

I personaly don't aggree with missionarys traveling to other countries to try to convert everyone to their religion. I think if they traveled to other countries to try to learn about other peoples beliefs it might open up a world of new thinking. (If God didn't want us to think for ourselves, he would have made our brain a bit smaller)

I am glad you no longer have a dislike of masons. We don't claim to be any better than anyone. In fact I was given a great bit of advice when I was leaving the Scottish Rite hall after recieving the 32nd Degree. I was told "Don't try to be better than anyone else, try to be better than yourself." I think that most masons here try to do just that. Everyone has an ego and some show more than others, but that is the individual just as it is for everyone on this board.

You are very well written and you have some very good ideas. I respect your opinon and enjoy reading most of your posts. have a great day.

Mike

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name."

To me, this means the name assigned to God by whoever, wherever, and when I say wherever, I really mean anywhere..

"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

All indication that I have is it is a kingdom ruled by love.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

who would have thought we disagreed at one point.

Now, as long as you are not a democrat..............

Just kidding.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I must say though, that I find some of the writings of Albert Pike and Manley P Hall and Allistair Crowley's peripheral involvement...disturbing. Then again, we've seen the perversions of the Christian faith down through history up to the present day. I suspect that when we approach revelation, and are on the verge of coming into an understanding of our true place in the grand scheme of things, that some sort of jealous will kicks in, from what source or center of power is hard to say, but there's often this final twisting of truth away from the true light of God, and the love of God, involving some sort of poisoning by the will, and the will to power.

"I came to serve and not to be served."

[edit on 29-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint"God loves Masons too!"

No he doesn't.
"Even though they might be up to no good, and fancy themselves the keepers of the flame and the high temple priests, the bringers of light to a world of darkness, while bypassing Jesus Christ as the light of life - God still loves them too."
No he doesn't

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Seriously now, who is God?

Does he like the Broncos?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am not much of a reader, but I have looked into the Pike thing since it gets thrown out here 25 times a day. Almost all of the quotes that show up here are out of context or from the Taxil hoax. His writings that I have read are very good and meaningful. Not at all satanic or anything. If you have the time and patience, you should read Morals and Dogma so you would have a first hand opinion. As for Manny p. Hall, some of what he wrote was before he became a mason and therefore had no knowlege of. later in life he became a mason and his writings were completely different. (from what I am told) But as for Crowley, he was never a mason. he belonged to an irregular group. (not UGLE sanctioned masonry) But masonic light has done a great deal of reaserching him and has some information that might be interesting. Apparently he wan't the evil devil worshiper he is made out to be. But either way, Crowley seemed like he was a few beers short of a six pack.

As far as perversions of any religion go, I always look to a quote:
"power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" Which is what I think happened during the crusades and the other dark times in chritianity. If everyone would stick to the simple message Jesus had for us, there would be not very much need for wars. (treat others like you would like to be treated.) Leave the "my church is bigger and better than yours" thought out of it, and there you have the simple love of God.

Mike

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why do so many people feel the need to speak for God. (I was talking to him the other day and he didn't say a thing about how he felt about us Masons.

The Point to be made here, is Who are we to think we can understand the mind of God. We should just try to be the best person we can and let everone else travel their own path to were ever it might lead.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
Why do so many people feel the need to speak for God. (I was talking to him the other day and he didn't say a thing about how he felt about us Masons.

When I spoke with him, he said he was very disapointed in you. Apparently you have a messy sock drawer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12
"Seriously now, who is God?

Does he like the Broncos?"

No he doesn't. He is a big big fan of the SeaHawks.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

when I saw him he was wearing a Panthers has and he said that the Seahawks couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You realize that "Celestial Lodge Above" is a reference to Heaven, right?

reply to post by justsomeboreddude

And what false idol is that? Last time I checked Brothers are taught to worship the God of their religion. There is no one single Masonic religion. Freemasonry is not a religion, but is composed of men of Faith.

reply to post by kenton1234

Why would God not love the Masons?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Well depending on a few more key peices of confirmed knowledge the universe and the structure of all reality could be many things. God may not be love at all. The reality that we were born in and that which we create could be differnt things... or a byproduct of it. All though it is still a causal effect of love.... it is the remnant and discarded trash.

sigh.. gotta wait it out. be patient.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Depending on your view of the human being, as possibly representing the very apex of cosmic evolution, within the framework of a non-local, holographic universe, created by-design with geometric properties (sacred geometry), it could very easily be said that everything was created by the father for the son.

Thus, he who is framed in God is at the center of everything, and perhaps that right angle position, along with the phi ratio or the golden mean is the key to the secret wisdom of freemasonry.

If it's as high and mighty a system as claimed, then it ought to be able to provide a rational basis for faith, perhaps most especially the Christian faith, since it places man in a very lofty position in the grand scheme of things..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join