It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by patriot jim

Will "lord obama" be held to the same standards as President Bush? Gonna be interesting to see if ole BO'll be called a war monger, terrorist, ect.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Park 10 Trident warheads on all the targets in and around the capital of NK when we know the leader is there, Send every cluster bomb we have on their troops near the border. End of problem. Less people would die than under the rule of that crack pot leader in the next two years.

Thats probably why the powers that be don't do anything about lil Kim.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
dont know if anyone has already mentioned this but apparently they have test fired even more missiles in the past couple of hours.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes, and what is all our so called super powers of this earth doing while N.K keeps destroying our Planet?

Nothing...

North Korea Needs to be stopped right now....
this planet belongs to us all, and they are destroying it...what in the hell is wrong with our Goverments????

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Although it would be folly for America to act unilaterally ACTION is needed. NK is an unstable nation led by an unstable man. Even if they don't have the means to put a warhead on a reliable long-range missile they have the means and motive to sell a weapon to a rogue nation or terrorist organization. Strategic bombers and/or missiles launched from warships should target and takeout their most critical structures.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow, I heard about this on Fox today. The fact that they did it did not shock me one bit. It's what they do. What shocked me was that they were saying (the news folks) that we would do nothing. It was China's deal and it was really not our place to disagree because they (China) owned us. Gee that made my day.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
Well, since the unha 2 could could only carry about 500 kgram payload 9k km , and this primitive fat boy would weight 10 times that weight and nowhere near producing a sub 500 kg nuclear device that could be used in an intercontinental capacity , I don't see them projecting this device too far from home or anywhere manufacturing anything that can in the near future . So, I'd tone down all the fear mongering rhetoric about imminent global catastrophes . And the usual American chest thumping and bellicose remarks about invading or nuking them just because they got scared of the evil N Koreans whilst watching fox news . N korea isn't likely to use this device unless invaded in a localized sphere, it's sucide for them to do anything but .

I actually agree w/ this post, and your previous one. I'm pretty sure that any intent they have for these nukes will be for protection against w/e invading party. We should probly just leave them be. They're not hostile enough yet to pose a threat in my eyes. When one of those missles hits something important, then you can start worrying.

With that said, how much you wanna bet that us, or whoever intervening is what's gonna cause kim to go bomb crazy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have the opinion that the earth belongs to all that lives on it and anyone or any nation causing harm to our planet needs imediate action taken towards them..

we only have one earth and it is about time everyone takes the preservation of our planet as numer one priority...

setting off nukes underground?
launching test missiles?
WTF

Every nation needs to stand strong together and stop them now..

If they stuff our planet and we are all stuffed, simple as that

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashenator
I have the opinion that the earth belongs to all that lives on it and anyone or any nation causing harm to our planet needs imediate action taken towards them..

we only have one earth and it is about time everyone takes the preservation of our planet as numer one priority...

setting off nukes underground?
launching test missiles?
WTF

Every nation needs to stand strong together and stop them now..

If they stuff our planet and we are all stuffed, simple as that

I actually agree w/ that too lol! Damn I'm so contradicting sometimes. Don't judge

[edit on 26-5-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The US is no saint, we all know this. But the fact still stands that we as a world superpower are held to the fact that we have to protect people. With the US were at the point where were damned if we do, damned if we dont. Like I said, the US isnt going to go to war. Theyre gonna get a nasty letter from the UN. Iran, IMO shouldnt have nukes. Their leadership, even though theyre radicals, really havent done much, and as it stands they havent started officially building bombs. Right now theyre just making power. NK is a way different story. They regularly make threats of war, belligerently throw missiles and bombs, and test nukes underground. Then they use it as a tool to get more concessions. NK should never be allowed to have nukes because they are an unstable country. The US illegally invaded Iraq, FINE!! We get it. But when we did it most of our strikes were surgical, and tried to minimize civilian casualties. You didnt see the US going in and killing everyone. In fact, after we invaded we are rebuilding the country, and stayed there without any net gain in oil. So go ahead and tell me the US is evil and illegally invaded Iraq, I know. Heres my point. If you see NK go to war guess what 10,000 artillery pieces in the mountains at the DMZ are going to go off toward Seoul, and guess what. I promise that the high leadership in NK arent going to give a damn about what they hit. As long as theyre killing someone and destroying the enemy theyll be happy. Little difference in how these two governments work, hence why one is a little more okay to have nukes than the others.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No doubt about it.
The world is a very unstable place at this moment.

No matter what happens here on in, its all going to be bad..

As for America and there intelligents..Pentagon, high profile people, white house. Attitude, America, America, America.

America need to understand everyone that they kill, no matter what, there is somebody out there that loved that person.. America's good at one thing? Creating enemies..

The best scenario they could come up with how to deal with Iraq was to blow the crap out of it..

With the intelligents of America?? one has to question?
I think America need to have a good think before they act, because i dont see any good actions from there country that have worked out for the good of anyone..

No hard feelings..i'm just an observer..

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
reply to post by habfan1968

So you imagine how difficult are negociations because everybody thinks exactly like you do.
This has no end. The moment we built these weapons, we opened a pandora's box

"we "did not create or build these weapons however we have inherited the issues that go along with them. KJI cannot be reasoned with and has shown that repeatedly.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I hate to be the lone jerk here... but North Korea has just as much right to test their nuclear arms as much as we did/do. Remember what John Quincy Adams said:

America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.

Stop going to pick fights. North Korea is not a threat. If she becomes an immediate threat, then she can be delt with. Don't be pulled in by the MSM!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
Stop going to pick fights. North Korea is not a threat. If she becomes an immediate threat, then she can be delt with. Don't be pulled in by the MSM!

I imagine it's a lot easier to think that way when you live in Ohio.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I am empathic to your situation. Being in Japan is a very different to where I am. However, slapping sanctions on an already belligerent country is only provoking them. Believe me, if they launch an missile, I trust that your country will be prepared to intercept such a thing.

[edit on 5.26.2009 by Avarus]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

So tell me, what would you do about NK if you were a leader of a superpower?

I'd hope that our intelligence agencies have been putting their huge budgets to use and give me details of where many of their prominent military leaders were based at, and maybe even Kim himself. After which, I would begin the tactical bombing runs.

Take the second nuke test, missile tests, and the message to S. Korea that its war if they stop and inspect ships going to N. Korea, and what do you get? You get to the end of Kim's rope, and he made a noose out of it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by Avarus

I imagine it's a lot easier to think that way when you live in Ohio.

If Japan and South Korea were left to their own devices to deal with NK in it's current state, how would you, a resident of Japan feel about that. So the US troops leave SK and remove bases in/near Japan? I am interested in your POV because you are in Japan, I am not insinuating anything just want to hear your opinion.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3dman
I think if u did your research a little more then taking the word of CNN u would find that NK testing nukes, firing missles (which were small anti air and anti boat, not ballistic nuke size) is an more an internal battle for the leadership of NK then NK saying look at us.

Little Kim is dying and there seems to be some competition internally between Lil Kim's Son, Son Inlaw and the military to get the leadership once he is gone and by testing and nukes and firing missiles is the military is saying we are here and we have the power.

Thats my IMO anyway.

Take a minute, read what you just said. You are saying that Kim is on the outs and leadership of the country is completely up for grabs. That leaves the definitely possibility for internal struggle and even civil war.

You want a country that could be headed toward civil war and massive destabilization, to get nuclear capabilities?

Sounds like a very big threat for everyone, if you ask me.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Iran is NK's ally.

China depends on Iranian oil. If China acts against NK, it loses it's oil supplies.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join