It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysteries of the Great Pyramid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Its's good to know that part of these videos are based on books first published a decade ago...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hi … I am a newcomer to this discussion group and should introduce myself. I think I have an open mind, a sense of curiosity and a good sense of humour - and a good imagination. From what I’ve read of the posts so far, it seems that there are people here who take these issues seriously - unlike some of the other forums. I am quite tired of reading the comments of children who can’t spell and whose only interest is getting their two cents worth of air time. They can pretend to be adult and no-one is going to tell them to shut up. Also, the people who seem to believe that being a long term member means that they know it all and everyone else outside their ‘clique’ is obviously wrong. But I digress.
I truly believe all the myths & legends, stories, fairy tales, even nursery rhymes. There is an element of truth in all of them but often distorted, exaggerated or misinterpreted. Consequently I believe in elements of both Divine Creation and Evolution. I believe that is some truth in both sides of the argument about who built the pyramids and every theory about how they were built has some merit. Having said that I am aware that we as a species do not ‘know’ very much - we believe a lot for sure. It does seem to me that the top 3 or 4 people in any scientific field who agree on some theory or other can dictate what the truth is, simply because they think they know it all. However, some ‘experts’ cannot see the woods for the trees. I also believe that most of the world’s problems will be solved by the simplest of solutions. There are still areas that scientists don’t fully understand such as (for example) the true nature and properties of magnetism and gravity. I am intrigued by the possibility of sonic levitation and hope that the future will utilise such technologies as the ion drive and nanotechnology, to name but a few. I hope that this forum allows a free exchange of ideas and will be happy to contribute.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My thoughts on Dr Hawass... Although he seems very knowledgable and enthusiastic about the Giza complex, I have the feeling that his interest is self serving. As an inportant member of the Egyptian government, he has a vested interest in maintaining the flow of tourist dollars. However, I feel that he would hate to see any evidence contrary to his beliefs in the history of Egypt.
I understand that he has blocked research of the Giza plateau in the past. Would he tell the world if he found evidence of an external force that had built the pyramids?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

What if the 'sarcophagus' in the King's Chamber is no more than a water tank? for the use of workers?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ch0pend0z

Could be, but it's proportions fit a man perfectly, so it'd be strange if it wasn't made to be a sarcophagus. However, I don't believe anyone has ever been layed in it. There are no writings on the walls in the Great pyramid and no lid on the sarcophagus. Was it made for a different purpose than the other pyramids?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There was a lid for the sarcophagus but it was stolen.The sarcophagus was for intiations. A student would stay in it over night and have out of body experiences.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Sargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44a7ce31cf28.gif[/atsimg]

In the southern shaft, Dixon and his associate James Grant found a small, bronze hook. The northern shaft yielded a granite ball and a piece of cedar-like wood. These objects became known as the Dixon Relics. Both sets of artifacts lay in the rubble at the bottom of the sloping shafts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b786600679a3.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24/5/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

No these shafts have never been used for star observation or burial porpose whatever.
When you investugate, it comes clear that the pyramid was used as a giantic water pump and resonance utility. These granite balls you posted obove were inserts in the tubes that go on the outside.
It is what we would commonly call a “check valve” or “non-return” valve!! It was inserted from the outside in, and if we had water in the pipe the design would prevent the reverse of water flow from outside to in!! The positioning of the check valves in the water pipes, was to allow water to flow from the inside of the upper chamber out and to prevent the flow from reversing!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yes I too think that the ball found in the Queen's chamber vent was used as a check valve. This and every other feather of the Great Pyramid seems to be related to water. This included using water locks to built the structure as well as the passages and chambers to pump water. The Great Pyramid was a prosperity machine!

Steven Myers

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
SC: There are many examples of cubit rods or 'rulers' in museums across the world.

An example: www.touregypt.net...

The Egyptian cubit measure was possibly defined using the gravity and rotation of the Earth. You can read this here:

Yes, possibly. Possibly.

It's also possible that the cubit was defined by the length of an agreed-upon person's forearm, from elbow to finger tip.

Defined by gravity, or defined by a set, agreed upon measure?

Well, since the subdivisions the AE's had for a cubit were "hands" and hands were subdivided into "fingers," I find it rather easier to believe that a cubit was based on the length of some other body part.

Unless you think hands and fingers were also "defined by using gravity."

Harte

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join