It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye-Bye America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As I was walking my dogs through the park next to the elementary school I passed through a section of sidewalk filled with chalk. Amongst the childish drawings of houses with sunny skies, the aliens, rocket ships, and army men... I noticed this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d523ddb9a115.jpg[/atsimg]
Now I don't pretend to understand it's context, but it made me stop in my tracks. I found myself standing there, staring down at the ground. It made my mind reel. Do our nation's children understand our situation more than we do? Is it possible that they have distilled all that the 'grown-ups' have been saying in their homes and news? Is this simple phrase in chalk a manifestation of many childrens' sentiments?

Of course I'm reading too much into this, but what do you think it means? "Bye-Bye America" seems simple yet profound.

[edit on 5.22.2009 by Avarus]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I do think the conversations that we have on this forum are going around in everyone's household. I don't think this is limited to just America though. I believe, yet I have no proof, that people see the writing on the wall, or in this case the chalking on the sidewalk.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe their family is moving out of the country?

Or taking a vacation?

[edit on 22-5-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

That crossed my mind too. It just found it odd. It could be a million things.

I remember being in elementary school. I remember being concerned about the environment, because that's what everyone talked about. I felt like I understood the the world clearly. I think it struck a chord with me, because it read so negative. When I was growing up, it was all optimism amongst me and my friends. Don't use aerosol, clean up the park, recycle, don't waste, etc...

What do you parents think? Do your kids understand what's going on? Do they care? What sorts of questions do they ask? How do you respond?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This reminds me about my dear sister!

She always wrote bye bye on stuff and one time on the garage wall, even if we were only leaving for the summer house!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
People know. Not just ATS or ``conspiracy theorists``... Millions of people are not buying ammo and guns like they are for nothing. They know. A revolution is coming. We'll take back what rightefully ours. When revolution happens in the US, it will happen in other countries.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
People know. Not just ATS or ``conspiracy theorists``... Millions of people are not buying ammo and guns like they are for nothing. They know. A revolution is coming. We'll take back what rightefully ours. When revolution happens in the US, it will happen in other countries.

Yeah I hope you are right about this!

Because however bad things are, we still look at you guys to start the whole damn thing! - and we will follow!

The future of all of us is in your hands! ain't that funny!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So many coincidences happening to me today....everything is REALLY adding up...not to steal your thunder, but I just posted This
thread...and it had to do with how much the universe is trying to tell us something...wow S&F...that trips me right out...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
So many coincidences happening to me today....everything is REALLY adding up...not to steal your thunder, but I just posted This
thread...and it had to do with how much the universe is trying to tell us something...wow S&F...that trips me right out...

Man! I couldn't make sence of it at all, TEOTWAWKI Alarm?

Maybe I should just go back and read all of it properly right?

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Man! I couldn't make sence of it all, TEOTWAWKI Alarm?

Maybe I should just go back and read all of it properly right?

The End Of The World As We Know It

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The more I look at that picture...the sadder I feel inside...when children lose hope...man that just hurts....that is a phenomenal photograph!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I was afraid I would post this image, and nobody would be impacted the same way I was.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As long as I am breathing their will be no bye bye America,
our youth are confused my daughter is confused in the ways of the world,
I attempt to protect her yet my reach is no further then my finger tips in this echo that reflects our sun.. We have to educate our children and teach them not to fail.. I pray and I mean I pray that their are others who will not allow everything we have fought and bled for to be given away.. As I take a deep breath I am sure I am not alone...
our children will be fine.. Hope they do have they are children my fellow Americans.. Children start with such a virtue..
I know of others like me, their are many,
America will not fall without a mean and I mean a mean fight,
our wrath would be taking the world from those that try to take it from ourselves, for those of you dreaming of something more remember that.. If you wanna feel something real it will be an American Ripping your heart out by trying to hurt our children.. never forget that.. Ever... I mean ever... Sorry for the overture but I don't like seeing this..

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of some graffiti I seen while visiting my homeland last summer. This was supposedely spray-painted by a pre-teen boy.

It says "Their money grows on our trees". I sat and looked at it for at least 10 minutes while walking with an old friend. He told me a short story about it. I really find it amazing that kids can be so deep.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative

Great photo! We're in the middle of some kind of multi-generational paradigm shift here...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Roland, we seem to be posting in the same topics a lot today, good to 'meet' you, as it were.

But I have to agree with you yet again. Our world is definately changing by degrees both large and small. Almost everyone sees it coming, like the train in the tunnel. Are we going to just close our eyes and let it hit us, or are we going to turn around and get out of the tunnel post haste?

This is truly a fascinating time to be alive. And as of today, I'm going to be collecting clippings and other media snippets about all of this to pass to my children...

"America: Before and After "

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's crazy that a kid would know what is happening in America. Or, it must have been someone who wanted people to walk by it to stop and think about wat is happening, what is going to happen.

And i hope that there will be a revolution. The government is power crazy. We need to abolish it. But you know, no democracy has ever lasted more then 250 years. So maybe we are close to our expiration date.

top topics

join