It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery solved: Object in sky identified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Mystery solved: Object in sky identified

www.azcentral.com

UFO sightings from Scottsdale to Sedona had several skeptics and believers keeping their eyes on the skies Monday afternoon.

The object has been described as clear, spherical, and stationary from different people who saw it.

Ian Gregor, spokesperson from the Federal Aviation Administration, said the object appears to be a balloon. It was not showing up on FAA radar, which Gregor said could mean it is a small, non-metallic object. Gregor said he has been getting calls about the object all afternoon, but likely will not be able to actually confirm the object's origins.

National Weather
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There appears to be a real increase in UFO reports these last few days.

This one appears to have had a number of witnesses as well as a photo.

I have no idea what it is, however, this persons description is exactly what i thought of at first:

McCoy said the object “looked like the gigantic bubble from the Wizard of Oz.” She also said it stayed in one place for a while.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Arizona is a very interesting place indeed. On my visits to family in Arizona I have experienced numerous amounts of UFOs. Even more then a lot of other states I have visited.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

Awesome. You need to keep a camera handy so you can quickly snap some shots off and show us.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Really awesome.
S&F.
Sorry I may have missed it or something but you said there's a photo?
where is the photo located cause I can't seem to find it, or has it not been put up yet? sorry kinda slow tonight.

but again thanks for a good post, wonder if anyone here saw it or is in the area.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What's funny is that the FAA is available for comment. The FAA usually does not comment on anything like this and when they do they say things like "Uh... It's atmospheric phenomenon probably but who's to say we're not NASA."

This guy must be new, he's going with the old balloon routine.

Roswell - Roswell!!!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Really awesome.
S&F.
Sorry I may have missed it or something but you said there's a photo?

Here is a link for the photo. It was to the right of the article.

i.azcentral.com...

Oh and S&F... i see no Star&Flag LOL.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
it was a weather balloon. i saw it myslef and the official picture of the weather balloon proved it perfectly because it was the same thing i saw in the sky

new topics

top topics

join