It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America in Prophecy & the New World Order

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Do we have vision problems? Or perhaps you are not quiet as studious or patient as needed at this late hour to ferret out data? Read the WHOLE link carefully until you reach this:

Although one may hear of thousands of variants or errors, we must keep in mind that they count the same error in each of the 5,000 manuscripts. After careful examination, they have found that only 40 lines (400 words) of the 20,000 lines are in question. We can be sure that the New Testament is 99% pure. The Iliad by contrast has 5% corrupted text. There is no ancient text that is more reliable than the New Testament.

THEN grab a pocket calculator and you will see about a 98.964 ratio of error. They just rounded up.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Which link was that found at, the exact link please where I can find that at the page. If it was that simple to find why not just post it? Please post the link with the quote. And still waiting for that documentation. Thanks.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not hostility, incredulity more like it. I just posted the link you said you had read and not found the info on….

Let us try again:

www.foundationsforfreedom.net...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Ah, I was mistaken. It must be my vision.
. Sorry.

This link sums up what I think of the evidence produced in the other: www.theskepticalreview.com...

Edit to add: Other good points to consider: evaluatingchristianity.wordpress.com...

[edit on 19-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Sarge, please start your other post. I hate derailing this thread. I enjoyed "The Sign" and I agree with most of it. I just have issues with his claimed anti-christ. It seems highly improbable. I do agree wholeheartedly with the pre-wrath trib.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by libertytoall

Associative symbols as the basis of extrapolative historical arguments built upon dubious assumptions and passed off as a plausible theory? Sir, might I suggest that you study basic logic before attempting to present a sequential argument, otherwise your verbiage is nothing more than bloviating.

Ths sounds more like a personal attack then anything else? What do you have a problem with n my post? Dubious assumptions? I guess the sun existing is just an assumption of mine aswell...

Then you tell me to study basic logic, as if I don't have any.. Are you seriously acting this childish? My guess is my post contradicts yours therefore you took it personally and attacked me nstead of the material. Next time why don't you quote something you don't agree with so I have a chance to defend the information.

You started this thread and now your attacking people who respond to your thread. Nice job!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is this book, "The Sign" by Robert van Kampen a good book? SHould I pick it up?

I am looking forward to your next thread Sarge.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

In your original post referred to above, the Egyptian 'eagle' is actually a vulture, so chosen based on it's association with the dead.

The statue of Liberty is not Vulcan, who was a male god of smiths with hammer and forge, not a female with a torch and book. You might stand a slightly better chance of trying to associate her with Helios, based solely on the 'rays' in her crown, but then there are obvious problems with that association too.

Unfortunately, I can't see a solid connective framework within your argument either.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
SgtChas and all others who have contributed to this thread....thank you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

It is an excellent book. It is well researched and has a large bibliography to show his documentation. It is well worth a good read. Beware it is heavy reading and rather lengthy. It does a complete rundown of the end times as well as the coming reign of Christ. It also brings out some rather non-conformist ideas which are rather intriguing.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, after I get off of work today, I will check out my local bookstore to buy or order it.

Thanks! Always looking for a good read!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Giving mystical historical facts of a dubious nature, than extrapolating a nefarious connection to the topic of the thread as a means of proving a point against the founding fathers and start of this nation is at best aggravating, at worst trolling.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

In your original post referred to above, the Egyptian 'eagle' is actually a vulture, so chosen based on it's association with the dead.

I'm actually aware of that but the important thing to keep in mind is the significance of the flying bird.

The statue of Liberty is not Vulcan, who was a male god of smiths with hammer and forge, not a female with a torch and book.

I said the Statue of Liberty was Apollo. I never made any claim she was Vulcan. I said the second largest statue in the US is one of Vulcan. The largest is Apollo who is the Statue of Liberty.

You might stand a slightly better chance of trying to associate her with Helios, based solely on the 'rays' in her crown, but then there are obvious problems with that association too.

It usually doesn't look good when you bash someone and then correct them with the answer they originally used.. Maybe you misread my post and maybe you don't know who Apollo is.

Unfortunately, I can't see a solid connective framework within your argument either.

nenothtu out

Maybe that's because you didn't read what I wrote properly and took everything out of context followed by a regurgitation of baseless accusations?

The Apollo Space Program here in the US is also just a coincedence name trust me..

[edit on 20-5-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
I'm actually aware of that but the important thing to keep in mind is the significance of the flying bird.

And that significance would be...?

Robins fly, chickadees fly, albatrosses fly. A lot of birds fly. There is a VAST difference in the habits and characteristics of vultures and eagles. Those characteristics are what the bird is intended to symbolize, not merely the ability to fly.

I said the Statue of Liberty was Apollo. I never made any claim she was Vulcan. I said the second largest statue in the US is one of Vulcan. The largest is Apollo who is the Statue of Liberty.

I stand corrected. There are still glaring problems with the identification, not the least of which are gender and symbolic identifications.

It usually doesn't look good when you bash someone and then correct them with the answer they originally used.. Maybe you misread my post and maybe you don't know who Apollo is.

I apologize if you think I 'bashed' you. I had no intention of doing so in that post. I was unaware that a mere correction of glaring misconceptions was 'bashing', and sincerely hope it didn't bruise you. You do seem somewhat tender.

As a matter of fact, I DO know who Apollo is, and who Helios is. If you are in some way trying to insinuate that they were the same, that is incorrect. In Greek mythology they were distinct from one another.

Maybe that's because you didn't read what I wrote properly and took everything out of context followed by a regurgitation of baseless accusations?

Facts in context must fit the context they are in. It's not enough to merely string together a set of disconnected facts and misconceptions. A valid theory doesn't just pop out of such a mix, and objective facts cannot be tweaked with misconceptions to force them into a theory and remain factual.

Again, I was merely pointing out glaring misconceptions. That qualifies neither as baseless nor accusation. regurgitation is just plain unpleasant.

I gather that was your intent.

Can you explain to me how your suppositions fit into the topic of America in prophecy and the New World Order? I'm not quite getting how birds, be they buzzards or eagles, mythological greek gods, and such fit in.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/20 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Flying birds and the Statue of Liberty have no connection to America in Prophecy that can be seen. A logical connection is lacking here. Historical revisionism in the attempt to make General Washington a mason and part of a mason plot has been disproven more than once, so attacking him with flying birds and Statue of Liberty makes not too much sense.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. I attempted research over 25 years ago on what role the US would play during the end days and was never satisfied with the theories that I found. I finaly gave up and figured that I would live to see it. Unfortunately, it seems that I will.

This has a ring of truth that I needed.

Semper Fidelis

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

You will live to see it, how prepared you and others are is the mission I am on at the moment. I will be posting several other Prophecies threads coming up, hope to see you on them! Honor and Courage!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
personally I have been preparing mentally to survive and help others through the tribulations. Physical preaparedness is listed here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll be limited to all possible that can be done by finances, but thats how it goes.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Seems many prophecies have indeed come to fruition. Always enjoy your threads Sarge.

Rapin, step back a bit, you seem tense and somewhat defensive.

i will take up one little hang up i have with the mentioning of Islam as being created by a Rabi, also, Mohammed being a conman. If you could link me to some sources on this, i'd really appreciate it.

And if there does happen to be a holy war over in those parts, but us here in America are incapacitated, it would be an honor to fight alongside both you and dooper in reclaiming our country. Even if i am one of the Muslim heathens, im still American.

love and peace

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

A little hard to send links to doctorial thesis papers on manuscript criticism and master program books – I’ll look for links on the University discussion boards. Could get the books out and scan relevant pages as I never let my books get too far out of hand… I’ll work on that for you as your grace in such a discussion as pertains to your religion demands a dedicated response; you sir are obviously not a heathen regardless what your religion is. Do you think you might be able to give classes in decorum and grace to some of my Christian brethren who seem to react first and think later?

As for standing with me to defend this nation, the last I checked religious preference or the lack thereof was not a prerequisite for a Patriot, which you obviously are. I would be honored to stand with you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join