It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says debt can't be sustained

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Is it time for the US to turtle militarily? The amount of coin spent on defense budgets, wars, and fueling the American military machine cannot be helping and from the looks of things cannot be sustained. Does the US relinquish its title as super-cop in the name of saving itself financially? What happens when the US guard stands down though? I'm over simplifying things but something has to give and time is running out.

brill

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

We need to make it harder for company's to ship jobs overseas. They move operations over seas because it is more profitable, we need to end this. It's going to hurt the company's short term but if they would like to continue to sell products in the US it is what is best.

We need to focus on services. Production is good but workers are going to lose jobs to technology just as fast as they are losing jobs due to them going overseas. There is also building. The world is constantly changing and the idea was never to hold on to the ways that are fading away, the idea is to come up with new ways to stay ahead.

Everybody wants a smaller government but as we progress governments become increasingly important. We need governments to do things today that that were not needed when this country was founded. Everybody wants the government there but what we will not agree upon is what we need the government to do. Those in favor of a smaller government band together now but if the government was reduce it's rolls we would find that they did not agree as much as they do now. As the government decreased in size some would find the government levels ok while others would want it to continue to decrease.

There is a big picture. There is a plan that is currently working towards the bigger picture. Perhaps refusing to realize that there is a big picture is the reason you don't understand the plan.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Again, people need to realize that we are in a global economy and of course Corporations are going to send jobs overseas.

This was pushed by Bill Clinton and at the time Clinton promised that new jobs would be created because of things like NAFTA. I knew this was a lie because Corporations are going to follow cheap labor which means jobs will be lost.

Bush did the right thing by cutting taxes and he should have reduced the scope and size of Government. Instead he borrowed and spent like crazy and Obama is doing the same.

Big government is not the answer in a global economy with cheap labor because we can't sustain the borrowing and spending that the Behemoth in Washington will be doing.

It's a myth and there's no big picture. Either Government slows down or America will crash. There's no way that we can sustain this massive borrowing and spending in a global economy. We will not create enough jobs or the kind of jobs that will support this Behemoth.

When we borrow and consume we create more entrepreneurs and millionaires from real estate and the internet. Other countries will hold our debt as long as we consume their goods and that's the best place to be in a global economy because of cheap labor.

This means the Government has to control spending and SHRINK IN SIZE!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

All i could do was this:

We can spend over 12 trillion in 6 months and we are talking about how we can't sustain debt.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by antonia]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory

If he believes this then why the hell does he keep throwing our money away?

case in point

:shk:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I for one, am supremely grateful that I wasn't present at the time.

I would have yelled out ... "Then why are you spending money on private banks like a drunken sailor?"

My next words would likely have been "Don't taze me bro!"

Pathetic. Look for hyperinflation in the late summer/early fall. Unless we wake up, or the PTB realize their political careers are not likely to survive any more financial shenanigans.

Of course, the media will play it's usual part in keeping half the planet distracted.

Disclosure, anyone?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Wait a minute....WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!! Isn't he the one authorizing and submitting all these ridiculous outrageous budgets and stimulus package!! Ok, You got me.... He can't be serious!!!!

LOL....That Obama what a kidder, he's joking! He's gotta be!! Right?????

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is classic politics. This is just like Nancy Pelosi pointing her finger at the CIA saying she wasn't informed. The politicians do things they know could cost them their upcoming election, so they have to go out in front of the sheeple and make it out like it was the last guys fault, or they didn't have any control of the outcome or situation. Let's not forget Obama is up for reelection in a little over three years!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
of course!... what a do#che! theres somethin bigger happening here... 9 trillion dollars are missing.. we cant cover the debt.. if obama IS with the banking then im sure frowning upon him... if hes doing this til eventually ALL give up and throw the banking system away then we're good to go once again.... he migtbe trying to push for the amero... who knows.. but doing so will only increase the gains of whoever has dollars or more invested in america. the O man is eating sh#t and he needs to get it together... ether that or he should be prepared for the biggest world revolution mankind has EVER seen............

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Hazelnut

What motive could he possibly have for making a statement like that? Any thoughts?

Say we borrowed money last year or even yesterday, if interest rates go up we pay back far more than we initially thought we were borrowing.

The lower the rate the less we owe. So when Inflation hits the money you borrowed has less monetary value. This doesn’t only affect the borrower but the financial institutions that loaned the money.

Lenders still have a slight advantage. When The EU or China sees that loaning us money will pay off they want to invest and the dollar has more value to them.

It’s like a double edged sword.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

calling current deficit spending “unsustainable,”

Of course its unsustainable.

But like the poster above me mentioned - who is spending these trillions of dollars that's unsustainable, our government that supposedly knows best when the citizens of this country cried out even before the bailouts that WE DO NOT WANT THIS.

As far as I'm concerned the government can foot the bill for the all the money they shoved into their friendly international bankers pockets, hot off the printing presses.

The great irony is that yesturday a group of the most wealthy and power hungry men on the planet met yesturday in a resort they paid to be barren of people, barren of witnesses while they scheme how to exploit this economic crisis ever further.

Have we had enough? Is it time to rise up? Say the word.

This will most likely bring in the, "oh you're just racist white supremecist that can't stand to see a black man in office, get out the lynchin rope."

To those I say no, that is not the case. I can't stand to see what our government has done in what seems like a direct effort to bankrupt our great nation and turn over ownership of this country to a small group of dominant greedy business men.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
oh my God!!! they were right!! He IS the Messiah!!! what intelligence, what foresight, what wisdom!!! wait a minute, some of us have been saying this for years........ummm....if we could see it, and well, we ain't got the financial advisers, special studies, and all that....

why didn't he see that BEFORE he just threw away money? and, well, did he say anything about stopping the spending, I didn't see it, maybe I am wrong...but well....he does mention high interest rates doesn't he, wonder, will he stop throwing the $$$ around now it's candy bought at the penny store?

some one asked about motives, here is my guess.....

I guess that real soon, well, we can expect the taxes to skyrocket!! ya, I know he told ya that he wouldn't raise him...but well.....either way you go, hyperinflation or higher taxes....you are gonna end up paying!!

I think he's leading up to breaking one of the promises he made...
not that he has a choice, but well, if the turkeys can't be honest with us, well.....they need to find someone who is brave enough to be.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow FINALLY.

Sucks that most people are retarded and this is actually news to them.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Agreed,

Cut all government pensions and health care for a start, then stop bringing anything from China in.

Make it so only American Citizens can own land, buy or sell land.

Obama, it's time to tell everyone USA just filed for Chap 7, with no pay backs, then and only then can we start to clean up the financial and political mess that has gotten us to where we are at.

I am so glad he is the president we would have never known any of this until now.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by platosallegory

If he believes this then why the hell does he keep throwing our money away?

case in point

:shk:

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
he quit drinking his kool-aid, or what? Wake up from a long spring-time nap??

Must have had a Homer Simpson moment "DOH!"
Or else his twin is running loose somewhere?

Just...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No, its part of the script - he just wanted to inform everyone that their interest rates would be rising along with hyperinflation.

Due to their obscene government spending and corporate handouts, of course he conveniently left that part out.

Somehow people barely scraping by to put food on their tables will be to be blame.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I guess Obama finally had what his campaign manager (Oprah) calls an "Aha" moment.

Now, if he had figured this out three months ago, I would be so much more happy.

Maybe he should take this fact into consideration and stop borrowing us into a third world country, I'm sorry a "developing country". My bad.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Wow FINALLY.

Sucks that most people are retarded and this is actually news to them.

You said it, man. This isn't "news" this is just catching up with reality. Anyone hearing this for the first time should be put in a FEMA camp NOW for dumbing down this country.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wait a minute...

Is this the Same Barack Obama who only a couple of months ago all but forced a huge, (the largest Ever in fact) deficit by borrowing?

Im confused.

So the borrowing of Trillions from other countries is bad because they charge interest on that money.
But,
Somehow it is OK to borrow Trillions from the fed, who charge us interest???

And now deficit spending is bad all together.

Did I just wake up in an Orwell novel??

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie
"No, its part of the script - he just wanted to inform everyone that their interest rates would be rising along with hyperinflation".

Thats the nail on the head right there. Obama is simply letting us know. the only way a polotician knows how, is that our interest rates are going to skyrocket very soon. But if anyone here believes that Obama has the first or last word on how this country is going to be run you are sadly fooling yourself.
Spending all this money is like building a house of cards in a windstorm. It's just a matter of time before it all blows away. We are in for some very nasty times indeed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join