It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they after in modern day Sumeria (aka. Iraq)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've heard it said before on several occasions, one of those ideas that occasionally creeps up and is very interesting to consider.

Were a whole lot of ancient and mysterious artifacts stolen from Iraq Museums in the recent invasion (pillaging)? Could this have been a major motivator for the whole War effort?

I know Jim Marrs talked about it on Coast2CoastAM once when he was talking about his book, 'Rule by Secrecy' in fact I still have the audio file on my PC from the broadcast. He chalked it up to "King Solomon's Treasure" that was being stolen by the ancient secret society, the Illuminati through some of their puppets, the US army.
He starts talking about Iraq/Mesopotamia at about 1 minute into the video.

In the interview, this story involves alien technology and enlightenment being handed down to ancient humans, a treasure greater more so than the Holy Grail or the Ark of the Covenant. It gets lost, found, moved, reunited, hid, found and looted. It pulls in King Solomon and friends, The knights Templar, the French, The Nazis (and their UFO technology based on the technology "treasure" with then ended up in the hands of the Americans when the 3rd Reich fell), and so on.
Edit: Oh yeah. The Illuminati, Freemasons and Skull and Bones. I'm not sure how those guys are differentiated.

The whole thing would be fairly compelling if it weren't for the fact that there is no real evidence that King Solomon and his temple ever existing making them no more than myth.

Ok so, I'm not suggesting that to be the case (although if you listen to the whole interview, it would make an amazing Indiana-Jones/Da-Vinci-Code style conspiracy adventure film) but what have people heard about this looting? What was taken? And if there is something to it, why hasn't this been talked about much?

Update:

I've gone and done a bit of digging to find some documentation of the looting and found some news snipits.

Stolen Iraqi Artifacts Returned
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) ― Jordan turned over Sunday nearly 2,500 stolen Iraqi artifacts to Iraq's top antiquities official, in the latest effort to recover the war-torn nation's stolen heritage.

In the chaos following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, looters snatched some 15,000 priceless artifacts and smuggled them out of the country. In the last few months, Jordanian authorities seized 2,466 items as they were being taken across the border.

- - - -

Widespread looting in Baghdad and other Iraqi cities following Saddam's ouster plundered the country's Babylonian, Sumerian and Assyrian collections spanning some 7,000 years of civilization in ancient Mesopotamia.
[WJZ]

Hundreds of Looted Artifacts Returned to Iraq Museum

BAGHDAD — Iraq's National Museum recovered on Sunday 701 artifacts stolen in the wake of Saddam Hussein's ouster, raising hopes of restoring the nation's rich cultural heritage after five years of war.

- - - -
[interestingly]
Syrian authorities said the artifacts were seized from traffickers over the past five years. They said some of the smugglers were arrested but did not say how many.

- - - -

Although such suspicions of insurgent links to antiquity smuggling has drawn mixed opinions in the past from experts, U.S. Marines in 2006, arrested a group of suspected insurgents in underground bunkers where they found weapons, ammunition and uniforms alongside vases, cylinder seals and statuettes that had been stolen from the National Museum.

The U.S. military was intensely criticized for not protecting the National Museum's treasure of ancient relics and art in
[FoxNews]

On April 8, 2003 the last of the museum staff left the museum. Iraqi forces, in violation of Geneva Conventions, engaged U.S. forces from within the museum, as well as the nearby Special Republican Guard compound. Lt. Col. Eric Schwartz of the U.S. Army's Third Infantry Division stated that he was unable to enter the compound and secure it since they attempted to avoid returning fire at the building. Sniper positions, discarded ammunition, and 15 Iraqi Army uniforms were later discovered in the building. Iraqi forces had built a fortified wall along the western side of the compound, allowing concealed movement between the front and rear of the museum. [1]

Thefts took place between April 10 and 12, when some staff returned to the building and fended off further attempts by looters to enter the museum until U.S. forces arrived on April 16. A special team headed by Marine Col. Matthew Bogdanos initiated an investigation on April 21. His investigation indicated that despite claims to the contrary, no U.S. forces had looted the building, and that there were three separate thefts by three distinct groups over the four days. While the staff instituted a storage plan to prevent theft and damage (also used during the Iran–Iraq War and the first Gulf War), many larger statues, steles, and friezes had been left in the public galleries, protected with foam and surrounded by sandbags.[2] Forty pieces were stolen from these galleries, mostly the more valuable. Of these 13 had been recovered as of January 2005, including the three most valuable — the Sacred Vase of Warka (though broken in fourteen pieces,which was the original state it was found in when first excavated), the Mask of Warka, and the Bassetki Statue.[1]

In addition, the museum's aboveground storage rooms were looted; the exterior steel doors showed no signs of forced entry. Approximately 3,100 excavation site pieces (jars, vessels, pottery shards, etc.) were stolen, of which over 3,000 have been recovered. The thefts did not appear to be discriminating; for example, an entire shelf of fakes was stolen, while an adjacent shelf of much greater value was undisturbed.[1]

The third occurrence of theft was in the underground storage rooms, where evidence pointed to an inside job. The thieves attempted to steal the most easily transportable objects, which had been intentionally stored in the most remote location possible. Of the four rooms, the only portion disturbed was a single corner in the furthest room, where cabinets contained 100 small boxes containing cylinder seals, beads, and jewelry. Evidence indicated that the thieves possessed keys to the cabinets but dropped them in the dark. Instead, they stole 10,000 small objects that were lying in plastic boxes on the floor. Of them, nearly 2,500 have been recovered.
[Wiki]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hold these suspicions aswell. By the way, I can recommend giving a visit to the thread made some months ago, about American Troops finding a Spaceship together with Ancient Sumerian Tablets.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Sure thing. Can you link it?

It's interesting. For all my love of history of civilisation, I know next to nothing about ancient Mesopotamia. I must do some study!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think i read some guys thread about Stargates,
And that he thought the war is for a stargate, or ancient advanced technology.

If there is a good place to look for anything of that sort, then its gotta be The Cradle Of Civilization.
I mean, the birth place of all humanity, and home of the most suscpected civ for contact.

Something fishy about the Talibans...

Jacob

Edit - Links for space station in Irak -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And

Stargates in Irak -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/5/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

I remember seeing that thread, and I breezed over the OP. The sheer size of the thread was too discouraging though. Anything to it?

Edit - Links for space station in Irak -

The first line of that thread was:

"This is of course only wild speculation. But it might be true."

Not a great start.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah,

Its really interesting, makes for a good read.
The OP has made 2 books about it,

www.thestargates.com...

Link to his site,

And he clearly knows what hes talking about, his knowledge of Sumerians is brilliant.

There's endless possibilities of what the War over there could be for.

Jacob

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Double post
Mods please delete.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am a believer in this scenario also, since even before the War started, some of my very first post's will reveal that, I am a firm believer in an ancient World with technology more advanced than we have today, which eventually ended up the same way we are headed right now, towards our own destruction, why do I think this way? all I can say is pieces of a puzzle which every time someone comes forward with a discovery that points towards what we are taught in history being wrong and way off, those discoveries seem to disappear faster than they are found.

I t wouldn't be in the interest of those who know of these secrets to allow everyone to discover some truth previously hidden because of this exact same situation, I take heart from the believe that whatever was hidden, was hidden by someone who knew efforts would be made to try and recover them, and hid them where they wouldn't be found until we are ready for it.

If there is a direct line between then and those who continually strive to oppress Human freedom for their own benefit, then they would be aware of this, and they would be afraid of it coming to light, and would do anything they could to stop it happening by someone who they couldn't control.

The latest War in the Gulf was just IMO trying to finish what Bush Snr couldn't back in the 90's, it sounds very far fetched, but if you research over the past 20 plus years, you will see discrepancies, you will see stories of discoveries pointing towards written evidence of advanced Ancient civilisations, and you will wonder why they vanished from all publications, a lot of these things are from before the internet, but can be found if you look hard enough, just small details but they are there, you will also find it interesting the way some of the people who made claims of these discoveries, where discredited or their careers suddenly became stagnant, where as before they looked like they would eventually become leaders in their field of research.

I don't believe it was a super weapon, I do believe it was a guide to knowledge, I also think this is what was referred to in the Garden of Eden as the tree of knowledge, the old Testament takes on a whole knew dimension when looked at differently from Religion, and more of a record of true events.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ofcourse.
Here is the link to the thread I was referring to: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is another link worthy of reading: www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

There's endless possibilities of what the War over there could be for.

Indeed. There are plenty of reasonable and even likely hypotheses as to why the Iraq war has happened. Personally, I think the least plausible one is the official explanation - after Saddam's WMDs, Bin Laden and Al Qaeda.

But I wonder how big this could be. You think about 9/11 being a justification for the whole thing, but I don't see that being just over Oil, a strong hold in the Middle East or WMDs.

My senses tell me that it's not probably going to be a single thing though, but a mix of a handful.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The answer to the question is oil and a strategically placed military base. Really, isnt that enough?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

No,

The simple answer is never enough.

This is ATS after all...

Jacob

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't want to assume that *if* (and I stress the if) there was ancient artifacts stolen, that they were advanced alien technology remnants that they Mesopotamians used and have anything to do with Annunaki and space aliens.

All I'm saying at this point is that these artifacts, *if* they were looted, is that the stealthy nature in which they were taken, they must have been significant.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If there were, I would say that it probably could have EVERYTHING to do with Annunaki and Space Aliens, judging by what is told in the Sumerian Legends.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yea but ancient space aliens aren't exactly what this thread is about, especially when we simply cannot be sure what the artifacts are - but mainly because the wild speculation can get out of hand.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree. However to take a guess at what they in that case could possibly look for, it would then probably be something that could either; Be something that would give the owner of the technology a huge amount of power, OR something enabling some form of escape, such as a Stargate or an Interstellar spacecraft.

It could really be anything, and as long as it is not fully known exactly what those leading the search want to achieve, it is really hard to know.

Maybe it is something as "simple" as a search for an archeological find that would be deamed priceless, such as Enkils Ziggurat, or similar. Just imagine finding a truly ancient but high-tech four floor high creation, that is a mix of a ship and a tempel, made in solid Silver and walls that can talk and having an interior "Beyond understanding".

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
From a Biblical prophecy perspective Babylon will be rebuilt -- and that refers to the actual city which existed in what is now Iraq. It will be the world HQ where the AC rules the one world government. That makes it some pretty hot real estate wouldn't you say?

The Bible also says it will be completely destroyed and no one will ever be able to live there again. Interesting eh?

Source

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

.... or swinging doors that sigh. [I hate you, Marvin]

Anyway, I really don't think that there would be a multi-storey spaceship in a museum. If there were some ancient, yet hightech devices, I'd expect them to be like... batteries or something.

... Like the Bagdad battery. Just like that; tech in a rudimentary form like with clay structures instead of space age alloys.

But who knows - maybe, like in planet of the apes, the ancient sumerians worshiped an atomic bomb.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Yea, but bible prophesies are a rather silly thing, really. There is so much talk about the antichrist and doomsday and the second coming, when in reality none of it makes sense...

... unless you take 666/616 and put it in context to John and the time it was written then it becomes obvious what he was talking about. Nero Caesar.

Otherwise, the AC and the SC are both extremely over due.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

That takes the cake. You sit on here and believe some story a guy made up about Annunuki creating humans, and then turn around and make fun of people that believe in the Bible. I am not saying either view is right, but they are equally valid or invalid. They are both stories. In that video where they talk about the two snakes in the carving being DNA, it could just as easily and more likely been just a carving of 2 snakes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join