It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Internet based on alien technology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Its not as crazy as it sounds. If you were a time traveller from the past, the internet would seem alien to you, you would have no idea how it works or what it does.

We all know that the Net originated in the US military and let's face it, it's a pretty far out system. Could it be that it was derived from alien technology captured from some kinda whirly spaceship that crash landed in a US desert?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Chovy]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The internet is not really that far out. Just a bunch of computers swapping bits. The technology is in the computers, not how they talk to each other.

And, no, computers are not extraterrestrial technology. There is a clear and steady trail of development...by people.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i have heard something kinda like this before. it would not surprise me one bit. i recently saw something on history channel (i think) that showed who and how it was invented.....

good stuff.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I dont think so. It was created to be a redundant communications network in the event of war. The components that make it up are all within the realm of human understanding. The way it is now is just a series of routers all connected via fiber optic cables, well at least until the last mile. The modern router was invented by some guy who worked at one of the colleges. Cant remember specifics, sorry. He was the original guy who with some Venture Capitalists started Cisco.

Here is some info from Cisco.. I am a poet and I didnt know it

And from our good friends at DARPA.. these are the guys that invented the idea

[edit on 4-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
my understanding is that it was developed by a peer group of scientists to share information.
my best friends dad showed us the internet in the mid 80's. just a peer network of info sharing geeks. he worked for nasa on the apollo missions in the 60's.
i'm NOT saying it wasn't developed by the military as we all know that's where pretty much all new tech "teething" happens, but it was a serious component of world wide science as well.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I wounder how aliens communicate. Id imagine they use some kind of long distance communication... internet comes to mind.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I heard they just tie two alien soup cans together with an 11 trillion mile piece of twine. But I could be wrong.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmmm...maybe I've just been playing with computers for over 30 years to have thought about it. However, if you are right, then I must be an Extraterrestrial Alien because I understand it all all from Packet Switching, TCP & IP Transports, Links, Routing, Protocols, and even a lot of the hardware involved. I have written Mail Server Programs, and managed BGP, setup Cisco Routers daily, built Servers since the 6th grade, splice my own Fiber rather than use an OFC, and read RFCs as I eat my breakfast. As far as I'm concerned, every aspect of the DARPA-NET that became the Internet is as easy to understand as learning the ABCs is to a child. It's not as difficult to figure out as say, why monkeys fling poo or why women travel in groups to the restroom.

Seriously, if you think the Darpanet/Internet is based on Alien Technology then you either must be over the age of 50 or you are a neo-Luddite. Granted, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being either of those two things, but it does put your premise into question.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its just a theory I read about and im passing it on. Maybe other people have heard about it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Al Gore

Now come on

Linky

The Internet was originally developed by DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, as a means to share information on defense research between involved universities and defense research facilities. Originally it was just email and FTP sites as well as the Usenet where scientists could question and answer each other. It was originally called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency NETwork).

The concept was developed starting in 1964, and the first messages passed were between UCLA and the Stanford Research Institute in 1969. Leonard Kleinrock of MIT had published the first paper on packet switching theory in 1961. Since networking computers was new to begin with, standards were being developed on the fly. Once the concept was proven, the organizations involved started to lay out some ground rules for standardization.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
yeah okay. thats what the media wants you to believe.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Al Gore doesn't knock your socks off eh?

Well here you go then all the answers to all your questions

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

[edit on 5-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The theory of internet in my opinion is very simple! Of course making it happen is complicated.

What I mean is, we all had phones we used to communicate with each other, so of course the logical next step is to use a similar way to send information to each other, right?

But of course, we cannot ignore this alien possibility, especially because of the fact we have evolved in technology so much in the past 200 years. It's almost beyond belief.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If it is based on Alien technology, these are the people who did it.

But on a more serious note, this is a fascinating book about how the internet got started.

It wasn't easy, but it was entirely home (earth) made.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

You wouldn't have to be a time-traveler to experience this. Go down to your local video game store and by a game like Metroid or something similiar. Try to play it without looking at the book or doing any tutorials.

I think our advancements are much like that. When you play a game you learn small things at first and before you know it you can do pretty much anything the games allow.

If you try to jump from kerosene lamps to fiber-optics you will never make it. But, if you gradually build on each thing you learn, eventually you will accomplish some pretty amazing things.

All that said, of course there is the possiblility that it is derived from alien technology. I would prefer to think that our programmers, electricians, scientists, and every other positive contributor to society in their respective fields, could achieve something the likes of the internet and much, much more.

If we do receive some help from alien technology I would hope that it is something huge. Teleportation would be great to have help with, so would instantaneous acceleration, temporal displacement and several other things that, I think, would be much more important than the internet.

Perhaps the internet is developed from alien technology and so are the other things I mentioned. Perhaps we already have them all and the only one the public is endowed with is the internet. It is all possible.

edit - for grammar... again

[edit on 5-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Take a look at this thread-and of course the DARPA connection

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
[font=Century Gothic]i belive that aliens created the internet and mobile conections,i strongley belive they are out there and in our world today walking along side us and working with us to make our world a little more advanced xx

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ow god, not that story again. I had a discussion a while ago with some guy (cannot find the thread anymore) who claimed theinternet was based upon alien technology and they used it to spy on us. It was hilarious.

But anyways, no. Internet is not based upon alien technology. It is a logical consequense in the evolution of computer technology.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It's possible. But they might call it something else, something like... the Universal Channel.

It's a necessity if the ET's colonize multiple planets.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

Ah, here it is. Tina, the ex-darpa whistleblower.

That was really funny.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by cappuccino]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join