It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Internet based on alien technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
I wounder how aliens communicate. Id imagine they use some kind of long distance communication... internet comes to mind.

Actually doesn't come to mind at all. totally different problems, nothing in common.

Internet: get package from A to B, time isn't an issue, (since it's only on one planet and at lightspeed (well, almost)) don't care about what is between A & B (It's computers and cables.)

Interstellar communication: get package from A to B, can't put anything in between because in between is interstellar space, and time is the only issue, since it can't be faster than the speed of light, and the distances involved are lightyears.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If you bring someone from the past to the future, everything will be alien to them depending on how far back in time you went,

Does this mean that Aliens invented everything? Every idea you ever had in you're life was put there by aliens?

Whats the use of breathing and living if we can't blink without alien help.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Internet is basically a mid-20th century technology. I think aliens gave us the transistors, but the idea came from a more earthly source - hippies!

The Net works like a brain, or an aspen grove. It has many different parts that are all part of one network. It is holographic like the brain's memory, meaning the information is stored equally in all parts of the system.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Could it be that it was derived from alien technology captured from some kinda whirly spaceship that crash landed in a US desert?

I would presume they would have required some very long cables to stretch back to their distant galaxy of origin.

But seriously, the internet by definition consists of a vast array of computers connected by a common protocol, ( i.e. The sum of the parts are greater than the whole.)

IMO, It was a natural evolution from telephone networks, power grids and cable TV, now Wireless & WiFi etc.

My short answer is No. I don't believe it is.

In the same way your seat cushion isn't necessarily a flotation device.

Regards...KK

[edit on 5-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
it certainly is possible...
but here's what i dont like:

I can't stand it when human technology is written off as "must be alien" as if humans could not have thought it up themselves.

Look, if we didn't think of it, and Aliens did...where did they learn it from?

Why is it that humans can be so intellectual and insightful that they can't be blinded from "the truth" but they are too stupid to think up the internet...or mass labor for the pyramids, or jet propulsion, etc?

Never did understand that one.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I understand your message there. It seems like we tend to forget time to time that we too are viewed as aliens when viewed by other intelligent life.

I mean an alien out there in the universe somewhere is claiming that his plasma gun was invented by aliens. If they ever found our planet all of their locals would be asking us about all the technology we helped them a create. When, in fact, we didn't even know they existed.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
The theory of internet in my opinion is very simple! Of course making it happen is complicated.

What I mean is, we all had phones we used to communicate with each other, so of course the logical next step is to use a similar way to send information to each other, right?

But of course, we cannot ignore this alien possibility, especially because of the fact we have evolved in technology so much in the past 200 years. It's almost beyond belief.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Well if its Alien tech they must have coal powered UFO's because its just a fancy phone call nothing else!
Tv is way more advanced if you think about it so is that alien to?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

No no and erm no. I'm sorry but not everything is alien technology, next you'll say the hubble telescope is alien technology, or nuclear weapons! These things are afterall infinitely more complex than the internet. Basically no, the internet isn't alien technolody. Just because something is big doesn't make it complicated either.

Why not give humans a bit of credit for once. We invented a truly brilliant way of exchanging information that anyone with a computer can add to. An exchange of knowledge that i honestly believe has helped reduce corruption in politicians (note i said reduce not eliminate) and bring light to causes many people just would not have heard of otherwise.

For once just give your fellow man a small amount of credit would you? I swear some people seem to think that aliens (if they are visiting earth) are the new messiah or something, that they will solve every problem on earth. That all the good things are made by aliens and the bad stuff is made by humans. It's like a new version of god.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you think the internet is alien technology, then you must think Samuel Morse, and David Alter are aliens, and telegraphy is ancient alien technology.

- .... .. ... - --- .--. .. -.-. .. ... .-.. .- -- .

[edit on 5-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Perhaps they are-like you know everything? I find the debunkers here rather funny, I don't claim to understand much but at least I am not afflicted with the kind of hubris that has one scoffing at any idea foreign to themselves, One thing is for certain if everyone thought like you even morse code would never have come around

[edit on 5-5-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

You are barking up the wrong tree, and you are doing it out of revenge because you think I am a "debunker". Actually, what I am is "SUCKER FREE", because I am not dumb enough to believe anything a SUCKER throws at me.

Before you accuse me of being a "debunker", you should probably know that I have already mathematically proven that aliens exist, and that it is mathematically possible for alien U.F.O.s to exist, however, I am still SUCKER FREE.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Since we are merely a Type I civilization, we must assume that any life form reaching out to us for contact would have to be so far advanced as to challenge any of our beliefs about life, death, travel, space, and time. Communication may exist in ways believed not possible, such as through our thoughts or dreams or silent signals sent to sleeping selves.

Then too, we have to consider that alien technology came from the aliens during the July 1947 Roswell crash of the UFO. This would mean that we learned computer technology from the aliens and not the other way around. That means the aliens already have computer technology. For all we know, the aliens may be monitoring everything we do on the Internet.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Chovy]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Is that how old the Earth is?

I have read that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. I also read that the Earth recycles its self every 4.6 billion years though tectonic shifting, lava exposure, and geo-thermal venting.

I posted earlier that, if this is the case, the Earth could be much older than 4.5 b.y.o., we would never know because it has recycled all properties from it's earlier life when it recycled its self.

How old do you think the Earth is? I also read that the Universe is around 14 - 16 billion years old.

I have always wonder about this. If the Universe is 14 - 16b.y.o., and Earth was formed from the Universe, how do we figure that Earth is only 1/3 the age of the Universe. It has to be when the Earth was formed that gives us the answer of 4.5b.y.o.

We will never know the true age of using the science as we know it now, since it recycles its self.

Sorry for ranting.

Esteay

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Humans learned from nature. Nature is not alien.

The earliest form of electricity was found by people who caught and were shocked by electric fish, and witnessed lightning.

Then a human found the properties of static electricity by rubbing amber, and compared it to the magnetic properties of loadstone.

This then was responsible for the discovery of electricity, and the electrical conduction properties of different types of elements found in nature. Elements that conducted electricity were called conductors, and are used as electrical wire.

A microprocessor in a computer is basically made of millions of ON/OFF switches called transistors made of semiconductor material.

If you know as much about electricity, magnetism, and computers as I do, then you would know how NON-ALIEN it all is, because you would know how incredibly simple it all really is. You also would know how incredibly inefficient it all is too, because of "heat loss".... and I would hope aliens are more efficient.

But.... of course, if you know nothing about the subject, then you might think it is all "magic" or "alien".

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Not trying to be smart-but how did you mathematically prove aliens exist over and above the drake equation????????????????????????????????????

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Where there is water, there is life.

en.wikipedia.org...

Much of the universe's water may be produced as a byproduct of star formation.

www.nasa.gov...

Milky Way Churns Out Seven New Stars Per Year, Scientists Say

You do the math.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Small nit to pick; your initial premise is a bit presumptuous.

More accurately; where there is life, there is water. Small change in word order, major change in implication.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I know airlines since the 1960's have had a way to communicate. The screens look much like the Matrix.

But its still used today in a way. The reservation systems were instant global delivery system. You could do what's called a "notepad" under your booking and queue your message to the carrier or agent, and this was instant messaging (well quick for those days) worldwide via a hub in Dallas. (I think, memory S-t-r-e-t-c-h)

Email is just a GUI version of what you could do in airline bookings for years and years. You could communicate with freinds overseas in much the same way in the 1970'/80 and 90s by creating a fake booking and 'note-padding' each other for days! It was an old emailing system.

Here is a snapshot of GDS (global delivery system)

1.1CITIZEN/PRETENDMS
FLIGHTS:
1. AA 118 F 10JUN LAXJFK HS1 0700 1525 O E WE
2. AA 3 F 20JUN JFKLAX HS1 1200 1503 O E SA

NOTEPAD:
>NP.PAX IS A VIP , PLEASE DO ALL TO ENSURE UPGRADED SEATING
>NP.HI AMERICAN AIRLINES PLEASE CONFIRM SEAT 24J *
>NP.HI AGENT THANK YOU FOR RESERVATION ALL KK'D *
>NP.HI AA FEQUENT FLYER ADDED AS BENDOR REMARK *
>NP.PAYMENT RECIEVED, RCPT 25842...TICKET TO FOLLOW,NO AUTOCANCEL

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, do you know anything about abiogenesis?

If you are to prove life elsewhere, you would have to understand the possibility of abiogenesis, and the mathematical probability of it happening in places other than the Earth.

Abiogenesis could not work without water.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0nce 0nce

Abiogenesis could not work without water.

Well, just because you cannot imagine it does not say that it cannot happen. Don't mean to go far OT (because I think we're already doing) but just because someting happened here on earth does not mean that it is the same everywhere in the universe. To assume that is rather arrogant and just plain stupid.

When circomstances are the same as on earth 4 billion years ago, then maybe yes, Abiogenesis with water is the only way to go.

But circomstances are not the same all over the galaxy, you know.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by cappuccino]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join