It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Internet based on alien technology?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Sure I know about abiogenesis. I'm not arguing the possibilities of life elsewhere. I'm quite convinced there is life elsewhere.

Your initial statement, "Where there is water, there is life" is not the same as "Abiogenesis could not work without water." In fact, my version ("where there is life, there is water") is closer to the latter statement. Your former statement implies that anywhere there is water there will be life. Theories of abiogenesis do not say that. It takes more than liquid water for life to develop.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

your belief in 'Where there is water, there is life'

Plus

Your belief that UFOs arent visiting earth

equals

[edit on 6-5-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Since we are merely a Type I civilization, we must assume that any life form reaching out to us for contact would have to be so far advanced as to challenge any of our beliefs about life, death, travel, space, and time. Communication may exist in ways believed not possible, such as through our thoughts or dreams or silent signals sent to sleeping selves.

Then too, we have to consider that alien technology came from the aliens during the July 1947 Roswell crash of the UFO. This would mean that we learned computer technology from the aliens and not the other way around. That means the aliens already have computer technology. For all we know, the aliens may be monitoring everything we do on the Internet.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Chovy]

Well since Roswell has never been 100% proved you cannot claim any technology was collected. The Aliens may also have never been to earth or know of earth so will not be monitoring what we do on the net !

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
mmm no i think J. C. R. Licklider was not an alien....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The transistor, I believe, is ET technology - the Internet itself is NOT that high tech an idea. It's the computers themselves that make the Net so high tech.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
however he doesn't seem to be a reptilian at least!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I read the book 'The Day After Roswell' not too long ago, and there too, it hints at aspects of the Internet could (or have) been reverse-engineered from the wreckage and subsequent retrieval of said craft. It also brings into question night vision capabilities and bullet proof materials...

Truth or tinfoil? I have no idea, but it sure makes entertaining reading!

Afterthought: if something pertaining to the internet was the result of alien technology, it's a pity they don't revisit it and try and find a way to stop things like the Conficker virus

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wonder if aliens have to deal with viruses and pop up ads. I hope they have some kind of antivirus software that actually works.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This comment is not directed towards the OP, but people in general.

[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you cannot comprehend something-that does not make it alien technology
-pyramids
-computers
-stealth technology
-microwave ovens
-solar powered calculators
-crayola markers
-rubber cement (IT GOES FROM LIQUID TO SOLID...I THINK I KN....ALIENS!)
[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------

you get my point.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join