It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark Expedition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Planned for this Summer, it is still subject to Turkish government approval. I for one don't think it will happen, because the Turkish government, has been very stubborn when it comes to researching Mt. Ararat.
if this is a second post, please delete it.
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040426/ap_on_sc/noah_s_ark

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hasn't there already been quite a few of these expeditions? They never seem to find anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Even if the Turkish Govt. let them go look for it, which is very doubtful, I think its a waste of time, money and resources. There have been too many conflicting stories on what hte ark looked like, and the location of where it was, from the ppl that have "found" it. The Ark on Mt.Arafat will be forever allusive, if on Mr.Arafat at all, or if it even EXISTED at all.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Didn't the bible say that the ark landed on a mountain range, named Ararat. And people just choose the 'Mt. Ararat' because it's the tallest? That's like saying the Ark landed in the Colorado Rockies, and just choosing the tallest mountain to search.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
Hasn't there already been quite a few of these expeditions? They never seem to find anything.

On the las one they spotted a satellite image that looke very much like the ark. But the Turkish government closed it down. See what you learn from the discovery channel?

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
GOD DAMMIT! I JUST POSTED THIS EXACT NEWS A FEW MINUTES AGO!
o well...his is from yahoo, mine's from cnn.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
wasn't it said on discovery channel, that there were people that were inside the supposed ark, rebels i suppose, but any how, they also claim that it gives them certain powers, because it is, what they believe, to be the ark.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Whoever doesn't let us find whatever is up there (the Turks, the Commies, etc.) why didn't, or don't, they just destroy it so people will stop seeing that spec on a photo, or hearing that second hand story?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
On the las one they spotted a satellite image that looke very much like the ark. But the Turkish government closed it down. See what you learn from the discovery channel?

I think I remember that now, but I thought it was hoax or something, as I saw it on an 'unreliable' news source...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
it's weird how many posts popped up about this. well, maybe one or two, but i was here first!
but seriously, i'm coming to the conclusion that this expedition will never happen, unless you invade turkey.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There's been a number of expeditions there. Here's some commentary from someone who's been up there:
www.noahsarksearch.com...

Given the extensive research which has taken place on Mount Ararat, it seems fair to say that if Noah's Ark ever survived into modern times and is somewhere on Ararat, there are few places remaining on the mountain to search. There have been many expeditions, accounts, alleged sightings, anomalies, and claims of discovery involving Mount Ararat. What is lacking is any scientific evidence or photo that shows that Noah's Ark exists today.

That site's an interesting one, because it lists all the known expeditions to the area.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i remember watching a show about noah's ark, i believe it was the discovery channel. it was said that noah's ark was in two pieces rather than one. if only i could remember the story behind it, i think it would make alot more sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
But the Turkish government closed it down. [Edited on 26-4-2004 by AD5673]

The reason the Turkish govt has not allowed many expeditions on the mountain is due to the instability in the region by Kurdish rebels. If hostages, especially western hostages are taken by the Kurds, all hell would break loose. Rather than running the risk and without clear and convincing evidence that there is something up there, the TUrks are currently saying no dice.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
it's weird how many posts popped up about this. well, maybe one or two, but i was here first!
but seriously, i'm coming to the conclusion that this expedition will never happen, unless you invade turkey.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by IKnowNothing]

We spoke of this about 4 months ago now its a old subject,does no one do a search on ats anymore?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is interesting if its not the ark then what the hell is it?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
another link...
www.bibleprobe.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ive noted numerous postings wondering where the water for the Biblical deluge may have come from.The Genesis account talks about the waters in the firmament.Numerous theories discuss the prospect of the earth Before the flood being surronded by a shell of water vapour which reugalted the planets tempertaure.This wold also account for the higher CO2 levels that existed, a condition which which heps both animals and plants to grow to larger sizes thana re capable today.Henc the great size of Dinosaur.Theolgoians generally discount the idea that all animals entered the ark,hence the demise of the large reptiles.
Fossilisation,particularly of larger animals can only ocur if such creatures are covered rapidly by large volumes of soil.Given the average annual deposit of soil recorded today it would be impossible for a cat laying down to be fossilesed under such normal condiiotns.The corpse would have long been eaten\rotted away.Whole herds of Dinosuar have been found all lying in th same direction as if swept aside by a large volume of water or other viscous material.Thsi gives credence to the idea of a cataclysmic flood and geologist agree that the evaporation of the firmanenmt waters and dereugaltion of temperature would be a likely cause of ice Age conditions.In theory many bases are covered by the deluge idea.
As for the viability if the Ark,John woodmarope has writteb a good treatise on the subject

top topics

join