It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Warning: Bodies In London Hotel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Chemical Warning: Bodies In London Hotel

news.sky.com

Two people have been found dead in a hotel room after a chemical incident, emergency services said.

A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said: "We are treating this as a confirmed chemical incident. The hotel has been evacuated and cordon implemented."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The police are very silent on what has occurred, not sure if the chemical is from the hotel or an outside source brought into the facility.

Bus services in the area has been suspended and reports the tube lines has been closed too. Fire crews said they did not know what substance was involved in the incident.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Syncronicity, with all thats going on in this society, with swine.

I doubt this is much, but interesting timing, if true.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Apparently, it is not related to swine flu.

Media said "chemicals" are still inside the building

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I know but i am just saying the synconicity. Swine would be biological.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Maybe some kind of mobile meth lab incident?

Common in some parts of the US.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not much to go on ...

Were they mixing a terrorist brew? Were they cooking up some meth?

Wonder if this story goes into the big black hole ... like the swine flu stories.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wow that is quite interesting, here is the u.s they deal with meth labs all the time, but never close off information.

Airborne Ebola ? ? Hmmm wonder what the heck it could be, only time will tell, well maby and that is if you can belive them.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
BBC adds the detail that the 2 deceased are female.

Two women have been found dead in a north London hotel in what was described as "a chemical incident", fire officials said.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "Two woman believed to have committed suicide by taking a noxious substance".
(from the bbc link in the post above)

Seems like a big deal for a double suicide.

Remember Finsbury Park is a very Muslim area, the mosque there was infamous for hate preaching and such right up till about a year ago when it was really target by police.

Very odd I think - also another death by 'chemicals' a few weeks ago was that guy (think he was a scientist) died and had a ridiculous amount of unspecified chemicals in his car.

Got a feeling this is the tip of an iceburg and we are only seeing the incidents that can't easily be covered up - potential chemical / biological attack in the pipline? Hope not.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just remember that biological and chemical attacks are different. I doubt this london thing is much, while the swine thing is probably a biological things released.

Strange like you said though it made the news.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
what is the diffrence between biological and chemical attacks?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's not the first time that someone have died from chemicals in a hotel room. Strange coincidence that something like this should happen now. It wasn't room number 11 by any chance? I posted this quote from Wikipedia on April 21 2009:

Dan Andersson died in room 11 at Hotel Hellman in Stockholm on September 16, 1920, where he had gone to look for a job at the newspaper Social-Demokraten. The hotel staff had used hydrogen cyanide against bedbugs and hadn't cleared the room as prescribed. At 3 pm Dan Andersson was found dead. At the same time, insurance inspector Elliott Eriksson from Bollnäs also died.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let's not get too carried away yet..

I almost got poisoned on a ship when they decided to fumigate for cockroaches without checking to see who was still asleep(or hungover) in their cabins.

"Chemical" is all that's there.Could be cleaning fluid fumes,anything.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

The most basic, is that chemical would just effect 1st person and cannot do human to human transmission, while biological can like swine go into host and transmit to others, and continue mutating etc...

There is a big difference there. Thats the most basic way of putting it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not sure if you're being serious, but one is with a biological agent (virus, anthrax, cholera, etc) and one is with a chemical agent (sarin gas, mustard gas, etc.)

There was a suicide fad in Japan I think using chemicals and often renting hotel rooms to do it. Caused a big problem because people who found the bodies where also getting poisoned by the gas.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

A biological attack involves the release of bacteria or viruses. The attack is typically the release of a serious illness.

A chemical attack involves chemical agents. Chemical attacks were used extensively in The First World War. Typical agents included mustard gas and deadly chlorine gas etc...

Wikipedia Article on Poison Gas in WWI

Chemical attacks involve chemicals used to create poisons these poison gas clouds dissipate after a period of time. Chemical agents dissipate fairly quickly and only affect limited areas. Biological attacks are more dangerous long term because they have the ability to spread far beyond the area the agent was released into by spreading as any illness does.

EDIT: Several others had just posted as I was writing this post.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Unusual that 2 women of different age groups commit suicide together isn't it?

The women - one aged in her 30s, the other in her 50s - were found in a bedroom of the Costello Palace Hotel in Finsbury Park, north London.

The discovery of a powder in the room prompted police to evacuate the hotel

Hmm, deadly powder in a hotel in London.
When was the last time I heard that?

Oh, I remember. Alexander Litvinenko drank some Polonium.

Not sayin this is related.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Double post?
How did that happen?
Darn these fat fingers.

[edit on 5/3/09 by makeitso]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join