It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i stumbled on a nuclear bunker...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
last summer i was walking with friends through fields with a tripod and camera looking to take pictures for my friends art project when we found this entrance in the ground.
we lifted the heavy lid which revealed a 20ft drop and a very well installed metal ladder. my friends (trying to be masculine leaders) decided to investigate and so went down with the camera. i went down too after a lot of convincing.
we found two rooms.fairly large. one just filled with mess... chairs, boxes,tables, paper, that sort of thing
then in the other room, a table, two chairs... the walls were covered with posters on terrorism acts.. some quite sick humour with images of the queen with a mangled face from nuclear weapons..disturbing posters on hiroshima and other things.
there was also a notice board with a map on it. and all the lost of different places were marked X on the map of england. sites of weapons or other nuclear bunkers i dont know. there were photos on the nitocie board of military weapons. i dont really know much about this but my friends, being male and well read said they were dangerous weapons.
the thing that was really STRANGE is that on the photos there were signs in the background of the photos behing the objects obviously saying where that place was but these were scribbled over with biro.
anyway i got freaked out and convinced everyone to leave. my friends took a couple of posters and i took two photos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its the second picture that has the scribbled out sign.. to the right of the picture on that little hut thing. thats is where it was scribbled out. can anyone tell me what these things are? or what they're used for? or anything actually. its really interesting cos this place is only 2 minutes away from me. i forgot to mention we went back there the day after to take more photos and it was cemented up.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Go back, take more pictures! Like map out the place with your camera!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i would love to but as i said the place is cemented up. the lid cant be liftend anymore. when we went back the next day there was tape around it. like police tape but with no writing. just yellow tape. and it was cemented... weird

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a place like this near my house, up on a mountain. Has a motor pool building (small) and a couple other shacks...then just huge doors going down (silos) and the entire rest of the base is underground. It's got some great mound shapes. I think it was closed in the 70's.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Take all the maps n documents

Then make your own Base

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Crash]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
Take all the maps n documents

the place is cemented up! cant get anything else! i would have liked to have another look at that map.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
sounds fake to me- why no pictures from the inside?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djs0ma
sounds fake to me- why no pictures from the inside?

because my excuse of a friend is too busy smokin weed to be co operative. seriously il never see those pictures hes too unreliable.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
so does anyone know exactly what these are? and have any clue on why this exists in the ground in a tiny inconspicuous place outside of london..

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey HappyK, good report! Just need to get the photos working....

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
very cool!! i would love to go into a place like that. btw i can't see the pics.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i cant see the photos either
i guess they got on to you and hacked it out of the servers database

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yeah you got to be careful. The government does not like you being there. You could be killed or arrested depending on the operations and security.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Are you saying that you found a private citizen's bunker that they'd built in case of war, or are you saying that you believe you stumbled upon a military nuclear facility, stumbled inside it and poked around and then wandered back out of it?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
it would be nice if we could only see the pics you've taken....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
yeh what happened to the pics, what area in the uk is this, (i live in the uk near lotsa bases). is there any notices near or on the mound saying private property etc, if not and if on public ground couldn't you break open the concrete?
if it is near me i'll give it a go .

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sorry happy, this is a great story, but it screams fake to me.

1. The pics don't work. However I conceed that you DID upload something, and the names for them are legit.
2. The lid was cemented shut the VERY next day? Come on, whats the odds on that?
3. No pics of the bunker itself?
4. Was this on common land, private land, or restricted land? May it just have been a WW2 bunker? what makes you think it had anything to do with Nucleur?

I would love to be wrong with this, and not a prty pooper...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I have a picture, the bunker story is true. Get the rest of the photos up HappyK!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

3. No pics of the bunker itself?
4. Was this on common land, private land, or restricted land? May it just have been a WW2 bunker? what makes you think it had anything to do with Nucleur?

It's too close to the surface for that.

You'd want to know where and to get records of who owned the land. The military didn't waste much time with surface-type bunkers... the ones they built as "war rooms" were like Cheyenne Mountain. Something that's just 10 feet below the surface of the Earth or so isn't much protection.

Now... there are missle silos on land that has been privatized, and some of these have facilities inside them. However, many are quite dangerous... but some are being sold on the market as housing.

Here's a link to a company that sells them:
www.missilebases.com...

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I havent seen the pics but this sounds to me like an old RO bunker of which there where hundreds around the UK,I may well be someone else has been using it since.
You need to post where it is .

<<   2  3  4 >>

join