It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i stumbled on a nuclear bunker...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
so the place is cemented up??? then take a pic of the entrance, always wanted to see how it looks like, take pics... pics of anything around the area i say...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I didnt have time to read the whole thing but I say, break back in! Use a sledge hammer and hit the cement, you can break it up, is it a deserted place (if it is then use dynomyte:lol

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

2. The lid was cemented shut the VERY next day? Come on, whats the odds on that?

I thought that was the _easiest_ part of the story to believe. An electrical security system could have been installed that alerts a central location whenever one of these unused structures is tampered with. I have more sophisticated measures protecting my house.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
fake, fake , fake

don't believe a single word. Plus, it's not like a little two room bunker with a door you can lift will do anything in case of a nuke. If anything it might be a private ww2 bunker, those were ppular among wealthy people towards the end of the war. People built a lot of them in america from the 40's to the 60's.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
OH COME ON!!! Fake?? Did you even read the whole (or most) of the post?? The evidence was clear, well eventually, and is not that hard to believe anyway!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
this is very close to me (oxford), i think i might take a drive there soon and take a peek with a digital,

this is like 15 miles away at the most from me.
i have some time in the next week to look possibly

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
fake, fake , fake

don't believe a single word. Plus, it's not like a little two room bunker with a door you can lift will do anything in case of a nuke. If anything it might be a private ww2 bunker, those were ppular among wealthy people towards the end of the war. People built a lot of them in america from the 40's to the 60's.

You did NOT read this entire thread.

Anyways, is it SOOO hard to believe that vandals gained entry to an abandoned nuclear bunker and hung up posters and crap all over the place? No. No, that's not hard to believe at all. The element of "belief" or "disbelief" is not something that is at issue here. What do you think is "fake" about this? The story? The place? The...?

Zip

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
well in WW2 curchill did build a massive tunnel network so that when the germans bombed london they wouldnt have to worry about it as they were underground aparently they stretch from parliment to someware outside london that could be it

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by happyk

With the wonders of online mapping and a grasp of the inner workings of google some closure can finally be got on happk's post...

what she found was an ROC post, as documented here by the lads from sub-brit

www.subbrit.org.uk...

(please use the go back button at the foot of the linkled page as the url for the main record page is too long to post!!)

as their post says, the last time they visited it was 2005, the year after happyk, and they say it had been cemented and locked, but the cement had been chipped away, clearly it is open again as i came across this dude and his glowsticks saying he'd been in it this year...

www.candlepowerforums.com...

which is pretty cool!

the best thing by far however is this guy who is an urban explorer. i've not seen his website on ats before but it's pure gold! check out his beconsfield bunker posts here, but have a look at his whole website, it's fantastic!

www.abandonedpast.co.uk...

scroll down and find the pics of beaconsfield (a 'find in page' search will help!

for those of you who need to know where it is...

www.streetmap.co.uk...

it's actually in the top corner of the field by the cemetry and the road...

see google earth co-ordinates 51,35,43,38 N 0,40,00,01 W

for those of you who gave her a hard time, feel suitably chastised!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hey nice find. Brings back the memories.

But - ugh. Hated those little ROC posts when I was in service. In the Winter they were absolutely freezing ... but there was a great camaraderie. The one I worked in is only 5 or 6 miles down the road & I haven't visited it since the early 1990's when the ROC were disbanded. Might take a trip down to see what condition it's in. But I don't have a Scottish T Bar to gain access

Wonder who owns the ROC posts now. Ministry of Defence ?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

From what I can gather, most of them seem to be owned by the person on whose land they are now that they are decommisioned/not on C&M. i expect if you own one you don't want all n sundry wandering into it - health and safety - what health and safety!! to the owner they are just a lawsuit waiting to happen!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
wow read all of this thread, and yeah finally someone came forward and provided all the proof needed to back that poor girl up, who did get quite alot of stick!!! hehehehe, i wanna find my own roc bunker now!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi Andy. And welcome to ATS

Been mentioned before but the greatest online resource in the UK for nuclear bunkers & all things underground is the Subterranea Britannica website

www.subbrit.org.uk...

And you can search their database here to find an ROC post near you ... there's bound to be an ROC post within only a few miles of your own home.

www.subbrit.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is no longer locked, its open and you can go don there. The only thing is now there are CCTV cameras looking at the entrance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join