It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I began to really try for an OOBE...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I gave it all my desire and mental strength.
I achieved a sensation of something trying to rise out of my body but could only get that far...as if I were trapped.

Does anyone have any sort of advice for "untrapping" or releasing myself so to speak?

I would love to accomplish this and have been researching it for a while now.

Thanks

much love

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Have you tried the saltcube videos yet? (you can google them or search demonoid for them). These have helped me a lot.

Also, I did a 2 month experiment with falling asleep to music-Within the first two weeks I had two OBE's, both of which were conscious. The trick to doing this is to listen intently to the music, and only pay attention to the music. As you do this, your body will gradually start to fall asleep. Just keep listening to the music, and only move if you have a really sore spot.

Also, at the end of the experiment I noted that I was reaching the "mind awake, body asleep" state less, Possibly due to this becoming a normal routine.

The side affects I noticed were as follows: More restful sleep, more daydreaming during the day, more concentration on schoolwork, and towards the start of the experiment more "psychic" type dreams, and finally at the end the dreams became more "symbolic" of a situation (Less lucid, more imagination)

Finally, if you want it, I have a hemi-sync guide that I made, with links to some of the files I used. It will eventually be placed on Astralsociety.us. Just PM me for it.

Hope this helps you on your path

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
it is, that it is, that this happens uncontrolled, it is, that it is to become aware of this. Great work!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Fear is something you may have, if anyone knows that feeling.

You have to get over your fears, if you know what i mean.

Its fear holding you back.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think that one is stepping forward to. that this happens after a time of meditating, after indeed first getting a strong sense of self as I call it now.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Im going to chime in with some of my best advice. I have been lucid dreaming and astral exploring for about twelve years now and found a few tricks and things to look for to have the best chances. These are what work for me, and although they may not work for everybody, I'm sure some of this information will at least be a help to some. Lets start.

I find that trying to release earlier in the morning is better then at night. You are much too tired at night to do it, and usually fall straight into a deep sleep. That isn't what you want. You want to sort of border on sleep and wake, where you can consciously notice the different due to some signs I will explain next. I find after waking up early in the morning after a few hours of rest is the best time to try. You easily fall right into the perfect state because you are already tired, but since you already had some sleep you most likely wont fall into as deep of a sleep. The longer you can keep yourself in that state the better chance you have.

While in this half sleep, half wake state there is a few cues that let you know you're doing it correctly. Some people say wind, voices, loud noises, static, vibrations, and many things. For me, its usually a loud noise such as a train running through the room, sounds that fade in and out, or occasionally I will hear conversations of people who aren't there. Sometimes, if lucky, you will have the feeling that you can see through your eyelids. This is almost the holy grail in my opinion. Whenever that happens to me, I usually am able to project the same night.

The most important thing to look for, which you will never ever not feel, is sleep paralysis. Probably one of the scariest feelings you have ever had it if happened to you before. Whenever I find myself waking up with the feeling of sleep paralysis, I close my eyes and imagine myself rolling to the side. Sometimes you actually sort of have to roll yourself, which you will literally feel like you are going to fall off the bed. Instead, you float down and when you open you're eyes you are on the floor. Then just stand up and proceed through the nearest wall. Thats how it goes for me most of the time. Dont worry, you will know when you are doing it and that you arent really awake. Its just a feeling you are able to detect after practice.

Other methods such as falling, raising and so on are also usable. Falling to me is the scariest though, because you actually feel like the floor drops out from under you. After falling for a few you will eventually just feel like you are floating, open your eyes and there you have it. Although you most likely go through the floor. These are all done while feeling sleep paralysis or full body vibrations, different people feel different things.

Fear is the biggest obstacle and I cannot stress that enough. You will not get over your fear without practice. The first few times you WILL be a bit scared, because its totally unknown to you and very foreign. You get used to moving, feeling, and the absolute endless things you can do and finally the fear goes away. Always know you are the one in control. You are.

Sometimes when you exit the body colors look different, which is normal. I have had everything from dark places to bright colors with shimmering crystal air, literally the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Usually when I am out its as if life is going on, just I'm on a different timeline. It never looks like anything out of a story book to me, just the normal world we live in. I have tried to fly to other planets but for some reason have trouble. Almost as if something is preventing me. No idea why, but I'm sure its just a matter of practice. Yes you can have sex. The options are endless. Think of it as the worlds most amazing virtual reality system.

Keep your mind clear of thoughts, and tell yourself before you go to bed that will journey to the astral tonight. I dont know how but it does work. You cant force it. You just have to learn to recognize the point where your body shuts off but your mind is still clear. Once the mind goes to sleep as well you lose the chance.

I cant do it every night, and not sure if people can, but for me its only once a week or so. Sometimes I can have multiple ones in a single night, or even four or five a week, but I doubt I could do it every time I wanted it to happen. Just keep practicing and you will get it, I promise you that. Anybody can do it, It just takes time.

Anyway, Hopefully this helps. Its late and I just wanted to write a quick post to maybe get ya heading in the right direction if you were having any trouble. Take care and good luck with everything.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
breaking the fear barrier for me was one of the biggest hurdles......

nothing will prepare you for what you experience. it feels so unnatural (for me). my first conscious oobe was a result of a lucid dream and a little experimentation.......

i certainly see why some call it the little death.

good luck.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
it is, that it is, that this happens uncontrolled, it is, that it is to become aware of this. Great work!

Im getting an INTENSE headache trying to figure out what your saying exactly....both your above post are superfluous in verbage yet convey very little meaning....is English a second language for you?
You would do much better communicating if you would not TRY SO HARD to sound 'profound'

niktastic....Deadlines above posted advise is awesome! He is a teacher truly worth heeding....... Caveman has a FANTASTIC thread on ATS on 'how to OOBE'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I mean, all the matters of paranormality have been layn hidden within. When the travel occurs all can be seen. What we are is just with Him.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
well i'm still in a "trapped" condition although it seems to be releasing me little by little.

I;m thinking that as i get used to the feeling, it will help me get past this.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
well i'm still in a "trapped" condition although it seems to be releasing me little by little.

I;m thinking that as i get used to the feeling, it will help me get past this.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I jump out of body a lot by accident.

I go around the room, mostly just watching myself sit there.

How I do it is, I disbelive the reality I am currently in. I totally disbelive what is around me, and I'll jump out.

Try meditating in a new place, something very new to you, I'm sure this will help.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The harder you TRY and make OOBE happen the harder it will be to attain.
You actually PUSH IT AWAY by trying to hard...
believe me I know this first hand.

Check out Caveman's astral projection guide at this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've had conscious, whatevers, plenty of times. I call them whatevers, because they don't feel like OBEs, or lucid dreams. But something incredible does happen.

Someone posted don't try it at night, only in the morning, well if you're anything like me, where it routinely takes 45+ minutes to fall asleep unless I've been given a sleep aide, you can do it at night. Here's my tips:

-Lay on your back, use a pillow or two.
-Lay there. Keep your eyes closed. Breath softly, preferibly through your nose.
-DO NOT MOVE. This is VITAL. You will get OVERWHELMING sensations to scratch various parts of your body and you must ignore them. I've learned from experience that this is a trick your brain does to see if you're conscious or not. IE: If you are sleeping you won't know that you have to scratch yourself and the brain can start to work its magic.
-If the sensation to scratch becomes too overwhelming, think to yourself "I will scratch ____", and try to move robitically as possible to the scratch. That means only straight line motions.
-Release all tension in all muscles in your body, including your face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc).
-Eventually, for me atleast, I can tell that my eyes are slowly but surely going cross-eyed. Don't be alarmed, this might be uncomfortable at first but this should be simultaneously happening while a white dot appears in your vision.
-Keep trying to force your eyes to converge on this white area.
-Once your eyes have focused completely on this white spot, and the brightness has enveloped your entire field of vision, you've achieved the state of consciousness to OBE, or lucid dream, or what have you.
-I wish I could explain more, but I think after this point it's different for everybody. The last time I did this, it felt as if I was hearing a constant noise, and my pulse started racing, and I got really really fearful, not sure why. I'm still trying to learn too.

GL.

Oh yeah sometime during this you should get that falling feeling.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Do you acheive anything by trying ?? do you try to breath ? .. try to walk. you should assume the apathetic mind ,that nothing interesting is happening, which will be hard mind you. relax, dont push yourself into it...... but give yourself to the experience, .... when it is ready to take you. you can still obe while affraid, ... but you might have a bad experience. When the paralysis hits you ..... let go to it. let it have your body, .... so you can traverse outward.

One of the best tips I can give you, ... which led to my first obe after at least six months of trying. set your alarm for very early, .. maybe after 4 hours of sleep. .... stay up for an hour, and go back into sleep. meditate if you want. but it works much better if you ever have the chance to wake up naturally for some reason, ahead of schedule, stay up, and go back. its an old trick from william buhlman. the best ive used.

practice being other places with your mind, .... not picturing them, .. but being there, ... the smells, the textures, ... the way the ground feels under your feet, .... do this ever night, it somehow helps you, or your subconscious get used to the idea of your mind and body being seperate. eventualy you can get so good its almost as your remote viewing, ... and for a second there...... you could swear it was all real, that'll shock u right back in your body. but yeah, .... BE somewhere you would want to be, feel it, see it. and eventually you will.

I think with these two techniques alone you can acheive success ........ just remember ..... obe's are only possible ...... when you beleive they are !!!!

top topics

join