It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Yea, this past winter was a beast on me. I caught three different bugs and one of them lasted 3 weeks. I have a very strong immune system and cause caught another bug on sunday and he it is thursday and I'm already over it. I do eat well mainly organic and local meat, produce in the summer and drink plenty of water along with vitamins. Not only does that help your immune system it makes you feel great on top of it... Respect your body and monitor what you put in it, we only have one...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
so you are calling for Martial Law?

What's the alternative?! Just sit around and watch as possibly thousands of people get fevers and bodyaches? What about the coughing? I just pee'd myself a little thinking of such a nightmare scenario. Do you think there is enough kleenex to sustain the population through this? Wake up, we need to let the government have full control, we're far too stupid and scared to think for ourselves and they know it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
edit: double post...my bad

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

can't tell you to relax, best patient advocates are the family,

but you can piss off caregivers too (as i am a physician, i know).

there are other seasonal viruses out now, unlike the nonseasonal H1N1

outbreak, and don't forget its heavy allergy season (my daughter

and I are sufferers). Find out their differential diagnosis, and plan,

they are obligated to tell you. document. if something goes haywire

its your word vs. theirs (and i hate to say this, but invariably the risk

management 'team' includes lawyers at hospitals, and we are instructed

always that 'mums the word' if you get sued, but ALWAYS be up front

with the patients about everything else BEFORE THEN!)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well contrary to real-time updates, there seems to be little concern as far as the U.S. Government is concerned... Their spokesman was just on CNN with his usual job of quelling any fears of this 2009 H1N1 OUTBREAK...

Hopefully he will get it and have to appear and give his line of B.S. while he struggles to hold himself up in front of his podium...

Yeah his job is to try to lie to you and reassure you that everything is just fine, even while the SKY FALLS behind him...

The spin is always so bad, i'm almost inclined to start believing in a lot of the things people usually speculate about...

What can you believe when Governments er well the U.S. Government routinely lie and double talk as a profession...

My point is that in the U.S. most people don't have health care, and have lost their jobs, and can't afford to go to the overpriced hospital, so this might be a natural disaster of monumental proportions...

Ya think? But nothing seems to be amiss, don't worry. A country that can't even manage their own economy, surely can handle a worldwide outbreak with no cure and still no definitive point of origin...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
(as i am a physician, i know)

You said you are a neuroradiologist, do you interpret images or do you also treat patients?

In your schooling, how much time did you spend on infectious diseases and such? Just curious because I've seen alot of md's brought on the news for opinions about this that are of other specialties and it seemed kind of generic to me. Not saying they aren't qualified to discuss it, but it seems some of them spread misinfo and I think it's just because they don't really know. Why don't they point out that the flu is always changing, every year, and just because it's "new" doesn't mean it's going to kill everybody. Also, why don't they make it clear that overcrowded, malnourished population centers always get hit the hardest in these scenarios (asia, mexico, etc), and are usually the only places unclean enough for animal diseases to jump, and when it makes the initial jump it's the most dangerous because it hasn't learned (genetically) how NOT to make it's presence so destructive? It's the hyper-immune response and the fluid filling the lungs causing pneumonia that kills initially....

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

beer is good. But bourbon is much better. I highly recommend Wild Turkey 101. Alcohol is well known to be an excellent disinfectant, and I whole-heartedly recommend that eveyone completly disinfect inside and out. However, only use bourbon which is 100 proof or more. It has been my experience that blended whiskey is much to weak.(Iis my experiance that bourbon works best when taken internaly.)
Seriously, if a level 6 pandemic is declared, you can expect martial law in any area that is highly infected.
The government might got so far as to declare full-fledged martial law until the"emergency" is over.
I really don't understand all the furor over this flu, unless it is because it is a mutation of swine, human, and avian influenza.
I would encourage everyone to keep their wits about them. Remember, a virus, like bacteria, is a form of parasite. A successful parasite does not kill it's host, but rather, forms a symbiotic relationship with the host, thereby benefitting both.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Very cool. I have basic CT reading skills (ie. Yep it a subdural :lol

Thats the read at work. Those briefed in are sweating it, the rest are indifferent at this point.

My county has a few cases and 1 shut down high school at this point.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

There may not be any cross immunity protection with H5N1 from

this H1N1 as hemagglutinin (H) is the major protectant (Ab) inducing antigen.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, so bear with me. I appreciate your attention and response.

Are you saying the two strains cannot, or will not mutate? Or rather, if they do mutate then a person's prior exposure to one of the strains will not offer any sort of antigens or protection against the new mutation? This is what I do not understand. I was under the impression that all viruses have the tendency to mutate and our risk, at time of exposure depends on our inoculations against prior strains and/or exposure to a previous virus that has segments of the new mutated virus (ouch, my brain hurts).

Classic seasonal flu is H3N2, our last vaccine round.

Yes, its makes sense that to get infected now would be an early,

milder 'auto-innoculation' rather than wait till H5 mixes with H1...

BUT the best policy is to not get it at all, then get the proper non-rushed

vaccine next year...or something like that.

I understand this; however, if we risk exposure the mutation (which is what I believe the PTB are afraid of), why wait 3-6 months for a vaccine, especially considering the 70's incident with a rush to vaccinate. So, wouldn't it make sense to be exposed to the current wave? Will those who make it through this first have a better fighting chance with the next mutation; which, is looking more and more imminent.?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipkid
Just as an FYI, my employer has suspended all non-essential travel to locations in boarder towns and Mexico until further notice.

I wish my husband's employer would do the same. He just told me that he needs to book travel to Houston to let an employee. I asked if he could do it over the phone, but the employee is Management and reports to my DH. Plus he has to collect business materials and inventory the office equip, and warehouses after each turnover. Why now? I really wish he could put this off for a bit.

I pretty much told him that if he ends up going, he probably should plan to SIP if the level raises to 6. Anyone know how, or if, travel will be effected within the states?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
First off if I see SWAIN flu written one more time my head is gong to explode. Honestly, putting an I after an A makes it sound like EH. Not SWINE.

There are 7 cases where I live. None have died but all are in their early 20's. Not a good start.

I thought this site was about denying ignorance? It used to be anyway.

IMHO it is pretty damn ignorant to say "I'll wait till this kills as many as the normal flu.

What if it kills that many in one day? then what are you going to do?

It's also pretty Ignorant to decide, within the first two weeks of a virus showing up that it is nothing to worry about.

it's also ignorant to take a brand new vaccine without knowing anything about it.

This needs to be looked at with an open mind, and the mind needs to stay open until it is positive that the matter is dealt with.

any other reaction is horribly misguided.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I live in a small town in Kansas. Our county and city officials have already been briefed on how to respond. We have a huge Hispanic population with a lot of regular trips to Mexico. A meeting at the hospital yesterday was severley downplaying any effects it may have on us locally. We are usually pretty insulated out here from the rest of the world, but I can't help but think that something is afoot.

As has been mentioned, the WHO, CDC, FEMA and now my favorite (barf) lady from kansas, Sebelius are all making a pretty big deal out of something that on the surface seems fairly benign. (yeah, I know the Spanish flu was a big deal)

The loss of a loved one is a tragic thing, but the reality is that we ALL die eventually, and so many thousands more have died from so many different causes.

The part of this whole fiasco that has me scratching my head is the apparent over-inflation of the crisis.

There is a lot of media-fed paranoia at the potential nastiness of this bug, but I can't help but think the 'issue' isn't really the issue at all.

We have all witnessed the past few years of slow erosion of our personal liberties in the name of one thing or another. A nasty bug is such a great tool for that. A virulent outbreak gives TPTB a free license, as if they needed one, to impose whatever measures they wish.

Let's face it, we should ALL already have lots of food and water stored up. We should ALL already be eating healthy and staying clean. We should ALL already be viewing media reports with a tremendous amount of skepticism.

Diversion, misdirection- these are a couple of the tools that are used regularly to allow people to continue their agendas without public outcry. We've seen it all before. "let's get those mean terrorists that bombed the WTC."..."Let's get those dirty jews that are fouling the aryam bloodline."..."Let's get those crooked CEOs that squandered all of our money."

If we can make the boogeyman look bad enough, most people will jump at the chance to limit, yet again, their personal freedoms in the name of remaining safe from the monsters. Let's put our heads under the covers so the monster can't see us.

'Stay in your homes.' 'Don't go to church, or school, or have any types of meetings.'

Something is just really rotten in beantown folks. We're being set up for something.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coincidence_theorist
I thought this site was about denying ignorance?

It is. That's why there are some of us who look past the MSM hype and the typical, mass freaks out they love to instigate. Some of us remember the very recent past, we remember SARS and the bird flu. Some of us remember when the US was at a boiling point and was focused on the elite cockroaches who had the spotlight on them, but now it's been turned away from them. Hmmmm, who benefits from this? Alot of very rich people, and a bonus for pharm companies.

This needs to be looked at with an open mind, and the mind needs to stay open until it is positive that the matter is dealt with.

Let your immune system deal with it, like any other illness. Don't let the government make you believe they can deal with it, they can't. This is between man and nature, like it always is. Although I can't help but wonder if this is manmade and released not to kill everybody, but to create this HYPE. Like I said, alot of bad men are sighing a little sigh of relief right now.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It is. That's why there are some of us who look past the MSM hype and the typical, mass freaks out they love to instigate. Some of us remember the very recent past, we remember SARS and the bird flu.

Looking past something is ignorant! what if science operated like that? "Oh, well, in the past this was like this so therefore I will write this off as nothing. "

There is NO DOUBT that the Media is trying to scare everyone. But that's what they ALWAYS do.

That does not mean that the pandemic wont spread. It doesn't mean that the goverment isn't trying to control everyone. All it means is that the media is being the media!

Maybe the media is just trying to get ratings, they could care less If the flu is real or not.

maybe the flu isn't very serious. Maybe it is.

Maybe you'll be shoved into a FEMA camp, maybe you wont.

Maybe this is just a test for when the real thing happens, considering pretty much every scientist agree's it's almost time for a new pandemic.

Things are not black and white! once again, Bush is not EVIL, Obama is not the Messiah! there are shades of grey everywhere.

Just because the media is hyping this and trying to make a #load of money out of it as well as everyone else, does not mean that there will not be millions dead from something by December.

Remember when people used to say "I don't believe the news, they are covering something up. something bigger is going on"

now it's just "To hell with the news."

which of those modes of thinking will keep you the safest?

Honestly, if you wanted to control the entire world would you just "PRETEND" there was some virus and hope you scare enough people unto taking a vaccine?

Why not just freakin release it AND give it in the vaccine as well?

It would be like stopping 9/11 from happening but then still trying to use it as justification to invade the middle east. Too much room for error, you might as well have it actually happens to ENSURE justification.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by coincidence_theorist]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by coincidence_theorist
now it's just "To hell with the news."

Yeah, to me it sure is. Wolf has been cried WAY too many times for me. I'm not going to the scared party, not interested.

which of those modes of thinking will keep you the safest?

The same mode of thinking I've always had, I wash my hands often and eat well, excercise, etc. Most importantly not stress about things. Just cuz I don't believe this crap doesn't mean I'm telling everybody to go around licking door knobs.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
So why we all sat around and waited for avian flu to become a issue H1N1 crept up and we find outselves at a Level 5 warning.

So what happens when we get to level 6?

Everybody dies out of fear!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The company I work for has just INCREASED travel. I just got back from Kentucky and was told today that I'd have to go out again next week for two weeks. Same place.
My job? Biomed tech.

My employer? Uncle Sugar.

Kinda makes you wonder. . .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Go to this link and Read.

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Yeah, to me it sure is. Wolf has been cried WAY too many times for me. I'm not going to the scared party, not interested.

Did you miss the point of the boy cried wolf story? Let me explain:

When everyone says "wolf has been cried too many times"

THEY ALL GET EATEN BY THE WOLF!

That is how it works. I'm glad you keep good care of yourself and hope you live a long and wonderful life. I really do. But don't you think it is irresponsible to tell people "oh, it's just them crying wolf again"
wouldn't you feel bad when that wolf came and ate the rest of the town that was influenced by you, even if you are safe in your house?

I would. I would feel guilty and I would feel like a fool.

No one should base their opinion on the news, whether believing them or not.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join