It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers find message hidden in Auschwitz wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Workers find message hidden in Auschwitz wall

www.abc.net.au

Workers demolishing the wall of a building that once belonged to the former Nazi German Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp have found a message in a bottle written by prisoners 65 years ago, Auschwitz museum officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Very interesting, I wonder what else they may find if anything. I wonder if the note says anything about the treatment of the prisoners. Maybe it could verify the History books and stop people from posting the Holocaust did not exist.

Or it would be crazy if it said, "this place is great these Nazis treat us well, too bad the Germans have a food shortage and we are starving other wise they are treating us well"

www.abc.net.au

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It has names of several of prisoners, one survived to this day - though his name was written in his absence. He learned about it only now.
news.bbc.co.uk...

The note bears Mr Veissid's name along with those of six Polish prisoners.

I guess they wrote it since they considered they would not make it.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03

Very interesting, I wonder what else they may find if anything. I wonder if the note says anything about the treatment of the prisoners. Maybe it could verify the History books and stop people from posting the Holocaust did not exist.

Or it would be crazy if it said, "this place is great these Nazis treat us well, too bad the Germans have a food shortage and we are starving other wise they are treating us well"

www.abc.net.au

Why would they need a note to verify history books?

There are plenty of prisoners left alive speaking of the horrible way they were treated. I don't think a note is necessary.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is really interesting, Im going to keep an eye on this story. Looking forward to seeing what the note says. Maybe there is some poetry or journal notes on there.

[edit on 29/4/09 by MegatronX]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe the note will reveal that there is no holocaust. It's just a rumor. Nobody died. Somebody lied. Life here is great. Three hots and a cot and we get to put on musicals and plays and sit around all day. Yeah, another bad joke from me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

just filling space so i could post.

Warnings for one-line or short responses

Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 29/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
history of war is written by the winners - i do believe in the usa in 1944 it was claimed to be said if the usa lost then they would have been on trial for war crimes for what they did to captured soldiers and the japanese civilians in the camps within the usa.

makes you wonder really.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That's really cool! I wonder if there are more hidden things around. It must be cool for relatives of those people to have that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
history of war is written by the winners - i do believe in the usa in 1944 it was claimed to be said if the usa lost then they would have been on trial for war crimes for what they did to captured soldiers and the japanese civilians in the camps within the usa.

makes you wonder really.

That's true.. the population has been seriously fooled about these wars.
They have always told us: "We are the good guys, they are the bad guys."
But that has always been a lie, all sides have committed the same kind of
atrocities throughout the whole war. I know for a fact that all sides are
manipulated by the same power, and used in a sick game of war without
reason.

If Hitler had not received all that money from Jewish banks to support his
campaign and his armies, if all those Jewish companies and factories had
not supplied him with war material, then he would have never gotten into
power, and he would have never been able to cause what he did.

These same Jewish banks, supported England, France and America..
All the money for all these wars, came from the same source, with
no reason but to increase profit even further. Because the source that
caused, paid for and supported the wars, made massive profits out of
those wars.

How and why do you think Israel emerged, even though they had no
right to lay claim on that land what so ever? Without those wars, they
would have never been "given" that land.

[edit on (29/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

See, that is just non-sense. What does your post mean? Are you saying that the holocaust never happened? Are you saying that if the Nazis won WWII, there would be no record of the atrocities at Auschwitz?

Most of what we know that the Nazis did is because of their meticulous record keeping. See, the Nazis didn't think they were doing something wrong which required a cover up. It was their official agenda to "cleanse the earth" of non-aryan people, particularly Jews.

Its nothing but bigots and apologists that deny the holocaust today. If Hitler were still alive, I doubt he would deny the holocaust or apologize for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Hi im interested in your claims of jewish banks funding the war and was wondering if you could provide links or sources.

As for the thread,wonder what the message was for?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I skimed through the article, but it sounds really cool. I hope they continue to find things like this.

Originally posted by finemanmJewish banks... you’re a racist, plain and simple.

So jews paid for the extermination of millions of their own people. And you know this for a fact. Are you one of these nefarious Jewish bankers who was alive in the 1930's?

The more I interact with anti-Semites and holocaust deniers on this website, the more grateful I am that Europe punishes you people for spreading these lies. I'm glad that Israel exists, and that you all hate it.

*sigh*

Wow. Just wow. So just because I don't think that something happened the way that the all powerful minority is telling me, I'm racist and an anti-semite? Kind of backward thinking to me.

Personally, I find it absolutly terrifying that any government of this world would imprision people for a thought crime, especially when most of those being charged with this crime have valid claims.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
BACK to the topic

-wow I can really see what people are talking about when the same flame n bait bs comes into topic, prey i was never that bad-

Message in a bottle? amazing.
I remember walking around Auschwitz; i wonder what cabin it was in.
I wonder what is says?

Things like this just fascinate me, it might not be 10,000 years old like some other artefacts.. but at some stage during this world changing event, this note was written.

What was Hitler doing that precise second it was written?
How far was the Manhattan project along?

Cant wait to see what it says.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I know, it is quite amazing. The possibilites are endless when it comes to what people were doing or how far things were a long when the note was written.

What I'm curious about is why the prisioners wrote the note. Could it have been that they didn't think that they would make it out alive like an earlier poster said? Also, they said that the bottle was found in mortar in a wall. I'm no expert of any form of a building, but would that mean that they placed it there when the building was being built?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

makes you wonder really.

The U.S. DID commit war crimes during WWII, we tortured, we killed civilians, we bombed cities, and we detained thousands of Japanese citizens illegally.

We also allowed the death toll of Pearl Harbor to be much higher than it was, by not warning the soldiers stationed there before it happened, even though we knew what was coming.

However, nothing the U.S. or any other country did came even close to Nazi Germany's suppression of the Jews and the Holocaust. I am someone who believes the Holocaust may have been "exaggerated" to rally public opinion against the Germans, but despite any allied propaganda it was still a horrible atrocity against humanity. There is absolutely no doubt millions of Jews, Poles, Gypsies, homosexuals and other prisoners were executed in horrific fashions, or worked to death in internment camps. While we in the U.S. did detain Japanese civilians, we didn't try to exterminate them.

Either way, one crime does not rectify another, and in my mind most nations are guilty of crimes against humanity for their actions during WWII, most disgusting of which were the repeated bombings of cities by all factions in the war.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Good points,
im assuming perhaps the inmates also constructed the buildings, or perhaps ( because theres 2 camps at auschwitz ) one camp built the other when it was neeeded.
Im guessing, everyone at Auschwitz knew their probable fate after watching it all occur around them.
Therefore, it was written believing one day, someone would find it after they had perished.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join