It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terence Mckenna (not timewave zero)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
But wait, I thought drugs were supposed to fry your brain, they sure haven't seemed to affect this guy's mind too negatively, listening to him talk you would think he has a degree in multiple fields of study. His thoughts on the Earth splitting and taking separate paths are interesting for sure, his description of the "other" Earth's combining of ideals and philosophies sounds like a natural step for mankind, and perhaps very enabling for us as a whole, if it were possible.

I believe it is possible, but 2 things need to happen for sure, the first is breaking the chains placed upon us by those that Hadriana mentioned above, the ones that control in one way or the other our collective consciousness(IMHO, they do this because they DO understand it, there is a definite reason for holding us back and it's not ignorance, they know what we could become if....

If we come together as one in every sense of the word, and that is the other thing, we must become one in every aspect.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have had a very strong reoccuring thought in past few years, it is that every natural Earth born Human has the same ultimate want(s), need for enlightenment, evolution, and purpose. It's in us all, but the "handlers" of this world have buried it, deep within our subconscious, they do everything they can to keep you from knowing, like making illegal one of our means to discover this or by just distracting and reprogramming us through media.

Just look at how the leaders of the world's governments pit us against each other through racism, war, etc. I'm sorry but I dont think theres many that actually want that, it's counter productive to what we want to be doing.

There is a massive agenda being carried out to stifle our physical/mental/emotional evolution, not necessarily so they can retain power forever. More because they are jealous of our inate abilities and afraid of what would happen should we discover that and take control of our lives, recognize that and continue to fight before it's too late.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All you have to do though, is wake up. Step out of it.
Know the game is a game, even if you have to play it; often you don't.
Be Here Now
(Another great read...IMO)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It comes across as disinformation to me. He basically saw in his meditation his own fantasies, mixing up Christ, with 2012, with Galactic events and the ascension to the 5th dimension nonsense. He maybe a genius, but he should know better than to trust the imagery in meditation. Most of it is just pure fantasy and projection by our subconscious.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

You seem to miss the point entirely. This was imaginative and for me atleast, was a mind blower. You see it doesnt have to be real, it doesnt have to be logical, it doesnt have to be black or white and it can still be true in its own sense as it all has meaning. The title is "Story Time," and all good stories have a message.

And what makes your convictions so true?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
terence died of aggressive brain cancer. wes it a result of too many drugs or did he tap into something far beyond his own brains ability?

[edit on 3/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
terence mckenna died of aggressive brain cancer.
too many drugs or did he tap into something far beyond his own brain's ability?

[edit on 3/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

If it's not true, it's not true. Period. If somebody goes around making claims that are not true, I don't care if they are a genius or not, those claims need to be discarded.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It comes across as disinformation to me.

Really, so you're labelling his own personal experiences recounted as disinfo? As Wisen said it's called Story Time for ffs, nobody said it was true.

He basically saw in his meditation his own fantasies, mixing up Christ, with 2012, with Galactic events and the ascension to the 5th dimension nonsense.

Call them what you will but that doesn't mean all that stuff isn't related somehow, unless you have proof otherwise?

He maybe a genius, but he should know better than to trust the imagery in meditation.

Well if one assumes he was a "genius" then one likely would assume he DID know better, which is why he never alluded to his experiences as afaik as fact.

Most of it is just pure fantasy and projection by our subconscious.

Perhaps, but do you really know that? Maybe the source of that premise itself is as skewed as you seem to believe this man's thoughts are.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
If it's not true, it's not true. Period. If somebody goes around making claims that are not true, I don't care if they are a genius or not, those claims need to be discarded.

What claims were made? You keep insinuating that he presented this as true or fact and he never did. To say that his "idea"(his own words) which was presented to him through means of meditation/psychadellic trip(into his OWN personal mind) "isn't true" is out of context.

How can you fault a hypothetical "idea" presented as nothing more than a hypothetical idea?

[edit on 5/3/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

I listened to the video again. He starts by telling his audience he had an experience in meditation, "a really strange idea" and then goes onto describe this idea using pseudoscience and theology. Why share it, if he wasn't trying to say something? Of course he was saying something. He was speaking nonsense.

I'm done with this topic

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Why share it? Perhaps because whoever he was speaking to was interested in what his interpretation of this idea was? Is it so hard to believe that McKenna was simply relaying his psychadellic experiences with like-minded others and not intentionally spreading disinfo?

Believe me, I know there have been, and are now agents among us who have an agenda to misinform, but I doubt that this for lack of a better word, hippy, is one of them.

As I said before neither McKenna, myself or YOU know for sure that all the things he mentioned are not going to actually coincide with each other, so why not just take this with a grain of salt instead of immediately calling foul....nonsense indeed.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

this is suppost to promote and stimulate deep thought and imagination. And I think it is true in a way as we have all heard of the left and right sides of human consciousness. These may be the two "worlds." Its poetry and poetry is poetry. Robot?

Nonsense? And this is coming from a self proclaimed indigo
. The entire indigo phenomena could just as easily be looked at as disinfo and complete nonsense.

P.S.- You should try and live up to your title.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A question, When I was asleep last night, I suddelny got this strong feeling of some one trying to pull me out of my face/forhead-nose area...
I could feel physical pushing , I dont know how to explain..

What is that , does it have any thing to do with any of this ?????

edit Typo's

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
A question, When I was asleep last night, I suddelny got this strong feeling of some one trying to pull me out of my face/forhead-nose area...
I could feel physical pushing , I dont know how to explain..

What is that , does it have any thing to do with any of this ?????

edit Typo's

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

Theres no telling. I dont really believe that the Earth was split into two dimension when Christ was born, but it is very interesting to think about. Like Terence said this would make a great movie! Its cool how he tied so many things together in this one crazy idea.

Ive thought a lot about what he said and I can agree with it, but I tend to look at a lot of things metaphorically and not literally.

Weird things happen in my dreams too. Once in a dream I was playing in a bright open field with my dog, but when I turned to my right I saw a big black lion. I just stood there feeling intimidated and then it pushed me down and I actually hit my bed and awoke in sleep paralysis because of it. I lay there paralysed and I could sort of feel a hand still on my upper chest. It actually felt good, comforting and seemed to radiate a positive vibe. Then I fully woke up.

So this is probably not some astronaut from another dimension. Theres really no telling what it was, but a dream.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I am under the impression this narrative was spoken to McKenna while he was bemushroomed and not meditating as we do,stilling mind.To the not experienced and the dabblers,5 dry grams+ will in fact yield instructive voices from who-knows-where.They say intergalactic mind.Scares Christers as they have been taught to fear devils in all things not found in their Bible,and so it goes.Reaction of indigo typical.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
sounds like jim morrison on peyote.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You will need a RATS subscritption to see it, but I and several others have some great threads on related topics posted there. Mine is Tryptamines and God. Tragically I think it's just a matter of time for this thread so look quick lol.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just bought 4 books of that Mckenna guy, gonna love reading them

The Invisible Landscape
Chaos, Creativity And Cosmic Consciousness
The Archaic Revival
The Evolutionary Mind

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I find that while reading McKenna,his zany tonal inflections spring to audio hallucination.I hear what he says as I read what he wrote.Some authors have this effect on me,none moreso than Terrence.Having a stack of audio's helps that as well.These books are available in audio form,with him reading.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join