It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terence Mckenna (not timewave zero)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Youve probably heard of Terence Mckenna's timewave zero concept, but I dont think many people have heard him talk about this 2012 scenario. So gather around and get comfortable, its a mind blower.

Story Time

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That guy sounds like some kind stoned out of his mind, a little bit psychotic fruitcake. is he for real?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Dude, terence mckenna is a genius. Hes a very accomplished individual. Google him up this instant.

I will say though that was kind of my first impression of him too.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

That guy does sound cool. I looked into him a bit. Thanks for pointing me that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

The deeper you dig, the cooler he gets. Terrence McKenna was the man. It is a real shame that I didn't hear about him until after he died.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Terrence Mckenna is a legend,food of the gods is a must read,i dont agree with all his theories(ufo's are dmt induced visions...ahem pictures?) but all in all i enjoy listening to him.His brother is also very interesting,i think he was on a C2C show with art bell a few years ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I will believe you guys when you say he is a genious. I have been on and off listening to his stuff for a decade but seriously I can't seem to follow the guy. His tone of voice and everything just makes him sound stoned or out of it the whole time. Maybe if there was a transcript or summary of what he's saying it would be more comprehensible.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
haha, I think the way he talks adds to his entire appeal, atleast to me. Sometimes I think to myself, "Did he just make up that word?"
But I do understand what hes saying.

I think that if you have never actually experienced the psychodelic experience than you probably wont beable to identify with a lot of what he says.

So if you really want to get into what hes talking about, you will have to experience it for yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Very nice recording! Shame about the music though it intervered with what he was saying. But it would be very nice if the zero date is the time that the two timelines re-converge with eachother, giving our society a boost in civility while the other bigger one would be able to absorb the negative impact we surely will have on them.

Thanks for the link, hope he really got to some other side instead of just tripping out of his behind making this stuff up

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Thanks for the link, hope he really got to some other side instead of just tripping out of his behind making this stuff up

Probably alittle of both, though Im sure he isnt making anything up. I dont think terence ever displays his ideas as fact or the way, but just as what they are; simply ideas.

And thats really all we have.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Why's he wearing a dressing gown, did someone get him out of bed for this segment?

Seriously though, very interesting man with an even more interesting imagination.

Shame about the music and anime background.

I certainly agree with McKenna on the '___'/alien issue. [Personal experience and all that stuff we aren't allowed to talk about here]. I don't think he was suggesting E.T is just pictures in the mind though, that's not how it works IME.

[edit on 30/4/09 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No i agree with him that '___' experiences and elf/greys are quite similiar.But he did say that sightings of UFO's were induced by the release of '___',maybe he worded it wrong or didn't think about it all that well.I can't remember where he said it,may have been on the radio.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe he was hinting at the trans-dimensional aspect of ET and the effect of '___' (naturally and/or spontaneously released by the pineal, or imbibed) 'opening doors' into these other dimensions.

I always ask those that claim to have had contact with greys if they got to touch them, just to see if my experience tallies. Not heard back from anyone yet - ho hum.

Sorry to take a bit off topic.

[edit on 30/4/09 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think anyone that has experienced psychedelics will agree that different parts of the brain are stimulated hence the "opened doors". When we consider that we only use 10-15% of our brain capacity, this whole theory becomes alot more plausible. What would really be possible if we used these other areas of our brains in day to day life? I'm guessing we'd be dealing with a completely different universe. Telepathy, telekenisis and all the other phenomenon would become the norm. I firmly believe that if humanity exists long enough, we will evolve to the point where alot of these mysteries will be explained simply by science. It's all electricity baby!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975 It's all electricity baby!

.... or chemistry

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think aliens are sort of like manifestations of our own subconscious or unconscious minds, but with that being said I am also not claiming that they arnt real. And that may be hard for some people to understand.

There may be forces up through the higher dimensions of self, where these aliens may live, reaching down through our own psyches as we try everyday to become more aware.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Haha! I made an image to sort of show what I ment by Aliens being a part of our own psyches, but also no being fake.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25f5d083e274.jpg[/atsimg]

The land a depicted above is not imaginary. Well... altleast not entirely. I sort of think that is where 4th density is. Infact we are already in 4th density right now, were just not aware of it. The mind is everything.

This sort of thing is hard to put into words and Im sure the picture doesnt really add to much to it, but this is how I sort of interpret all of terence's talks of entering other worlds through the use of psychodelics. These worlds are always acting within our own consciousness, but we are not always aware of them. Or maybe being aware of them springs them into existence... Like terence has said there really isnt an adequate amount of research on these things. We need a map.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

You'd enjoy Stuie Wilde's writings on his adventures in the Morph Worlds.

Stuie is way out there, but a really down to earth guy who likes a pint in the pub with his mates.

www.stuartwilde.com

enjoy.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Hate to be a party pooper but we use all of our brain,the 10 to 15% thing is a myth.We don't use it all at the same time though.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
U know, what does it say about someone like me that understands him clearly?
I think it is quite possible that the shamanic inward look is just as powerful a method as the scientific method of deduction?

He's talking about things that quantum science talks about, really, if you listen and follow that.

People equate drug use with crime and homelessness and lack of ambition, but that's people that are ill self-medicating. Drugs in the context of seeking for knowlege or spiritual growth can really be a catalyst.

It is too bad that there are people that want to control others' consciousness. They don't understand it, they don't want to try, they just want to keep them thinking about the mundane things.

WHY?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join