It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terence Mckenna (not timewave zero)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

, that would definitely be a big plus. I'll just youtube some of his seminars before reading those books to get me in the right mood.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Have a listen to the very recent C2C show with Graham Hancock on May 5th.
Although he hasn't been as forward as Mckenna in talking about his 'trips', he certainly has some experience and seems to tie it together nicely in the worldwide scheme of things. ie. shamanism in general.

Why is it that around the globe, many shamans, indians etc. when after ingesting certain plants (although he doesn't mention Salvia), they all meet similar if not identically appearing beings?

Also look up Alisteir Crowley - should be lots about him on ATS - and the being he met up with. The similarity is there.

Hancock talks about ayahuasca as I assume that he only trips under supervision - Mckenna was an out and out space cowboy.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Ayahuasca is a Sacrament to the UDV,legal status here in the US uncertain,probably legal.Still in court.The material is so 'tasty' ya wonder if yer brew is poison or if it is supposed to be so strong.Tasting the tea from an experienced Shaman resolves this uncertainty,yes it really is supposed to taste so.Not for recreation.Maybe re-creation.Shaman sized doses are incapacitating.Screw around and you might get burned out.Not all trance is from ingestation,TV for example.T'was a good C2C AM.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by Harman

I find that while reading McKenna,his zany tonal inflections spring to audio hallucination.I hear what he says as I read what he wrote.Some authors have this effect on me,none moreso than Terrence.Having a stack of audio's helps that as well.These books are available in audio form,with him reading.

I think I know what your saying.

Terence sure has a good story telling voice. His voice does not bore you that's a positive.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
That guy sounds like some kind stoned out of his mind, a little bit psychotic fruitcake. is he for real?

That would be because he was stoned outta his mind.

I have some of his books,

Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge: A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution

actually it does play a interesting role.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Drugs in the context of seeking for knowlege or spiritual growth can really be a catalyst.

exactly what humanity has done is sacrilegious, drugs used in sacred rituals and shamanic experiences are one thing, recreational drugs are another.

I think ,many people who become addicts or alcoholics are looking for the spiritual experience without knowledge or consciousness of it.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

If it's not true, it's not true. Period. If somebody goes around making claims that are not true, I don't care if they are a genius or not, those claims need to be discarded.

I have to agree with indigo to some extent, I think Terrence abused drugs, but I won't judge, some of his work is thought provoking .

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Any time I hear of ''abusing drugs'' I have to ask,what then is correct USE of drugs,then?Or did the Creator make a mistake when these plants appeared?Calling it the Devil's weed is unscriptural,BTW,this is in the first page of Genesis.The only reason Ayahuasca is not considered a drug of abuse is due to how strongly repulsive the brew is.If it tasted good it would be considered a recreational drug.Like '___',the active ingredient in Ayahuasca is.Yet it is found in every human brain,and a lot of places in Nature,like in reed canary grass which legally grows all over hereabouts.I love how Terrence was a living contradiction to all the stereotypes of the dreaded drug fiend.He who got higher,longer than 99.99% of the population,was sharp as a hawk's talon(much sharper than cat's claws,believe it!) with an amazing memory and attention to detail.No fool,his brain cancer?Who knows?Gotta go sometime,better to leave a legacy as he did than grow old without being experienced,and making no real contribution of lasting import.Waiting,doing time,trying to not piss off god so you get to go to heaven.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Any time I hear of ''abusing drugs'' I have to ask,what then is correct USE of drugs,then?Or did the Creator make a mistake when these plants appeared?Calling it the Devil's weed is unscriptural,BTW,this is in the first page of Genesis.The only reason Ayahuasca is not considered a drug of abuse is due to how strongly repulsive the brew is.If it tasted good it would be considered a recreational drug.Like '___',the active ingredient in Ayahuasca is.Yet it is found in every human brain,and a lot of places in Nature,like in reed canary grass which legally grows all over hereabouts.I love how Terrence was a living contradiction to all the stereotypes of the dreaded drug fiend.He who got higher,longer than 99.99% of the population,was sharp as a hawk's talon(much sharper than cat's claws,believe it!) with an amazing memory and attention to detail.No fool,his brain cancer?Who knows?Gotta go sometime,better to leave a legacy as he did than grow old without being experienced,and making no real contribution of lasting import.Waiting,doing time,trying to not piss off god so you get to go to heaven.

A lot to ponder, which I will, then I will get back with you.

I think you know what I mean by abuse , but not to get off the importance of this interesting topic, I wont go there.

Waiting,doing time,trying to not piss off god so you get to go to heaven.

There is a lot more to it then that.

That statement wasn't necessary.

what then is correct USE of drugs,then?

You know the answer.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The two interdimensional worlds he discribes sounds exactly like the scenario in the film "The golden compass" - each world had it's own ideals and norms and corrupt officials at the top screwing it up for everyone else.

Interestingly, (in the film) the other world could see our world through the aroura borealis in the northern arctic which is related to increased solar activity which according to some is going to be larger than usual in the run up to 2012.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Terrence maintained,as I concur,when one takes a drug,the 'spirit' of the (chemical within)drug 'takes' you!You are part of what you observe and this new insight becomes part of that drug's repertiore.That is partly why he advocated culturally sanctioned plant based molecules.They share a history with our collective subconscious.The longer that shared history is,the better and fuller the trip.Likewise one may use them for the worst most self abusive way(not speaking of the truly addictive like H,C or alcohol)like smoking stolen pot to hide from your emotions for what a thief you are,etc,and it may turn you on your ear one fine day,and you find yourself a different,much better citizen.Called a bad trip,or cannabis psychosis,whatever,a profound change can and often does result.Ya have to stay clear of hard drugs.Most people toss about terms like 'abuse' with no actual first hand knowledge of the substance.Education is what truly controls these substances.We all know the horror story of addicted people in our families,etc.Most people who go down that rat hole do lots of different sub's and it is the synergy which makes the scenario so out of control.Yet the one most obvious one(like the smelly,testable-for-30-days herb)gets the blame.A person can be an absolute fiend for coc aine,with a little Ganga,to the point of disaster,yet if tested two days later,the tox. report will list the herb only as the other will have metabolized.The real issue is honesty and Terrence was that.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Most people toss about terms like 'abuse' with no actual first hand knowledge of the substance.

Hi true, actually you are talking to someone speaking from experience.

Anyway, let's talk about mind altering
drugs and shamanism.

[edit on 093131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It was fun having this topic here but i do think it will be moved to RATS pretty soon

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
amanita muscaria mosaic

upload.wikimedia.org...

i125.photobucket.com...

Mosaic of red mushrooms, found in the Christian Basilica of Aquileia in northern Italy, dating to before 330 AD.

they call alcohol spirits for a reason.

Anyway once the pathways are open, they are open.

If you know what you are looking for.

[edit on 093131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
It was fun having this topic here but i do think it will be moved to RATS pretty soon

Yea I been wondering that myself.

There is a history to be told.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OK so he is saying because of the incarnation of Christ on our planet, we didn't reach the potential of the twin planet?

Twin planet= heaven

The advanced twin planet beings came to visit the Mayans

basically

cute

Hmmmm, maybe that is it , but I always think it was/ is time travel or alternate dimension, I don't think they need modern technology any longer, they communicate telepathically.

When you see them, they appear and disappear within a blink of an eye

But you are not in the flesh; on the contrary, you are in the spirit,

I would have asked Terence where Christ went after the ascension.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Acts1:11: "'Men of Galilee,' they said, 'why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.'"

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God,

"we shall be like Him" at His coming.

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am"

[edit on 103131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
botanical preserve from pole to pole,

Paradise on earth?

Paradise in heaven?

Oh well it is the same story only with his take on it. There shall be a new heaven and a new earth.

Terence's nuclear explosion

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things;

cool
Our mind cannot grasp what is.

However if Terence didn't have the history of christianty on this planet and the being of Christ as subject matter.

He wouldn't have had a myth to tell now would he?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The thing is that Terrence has read all about the history of this religion.I have read a lot as well and so my faith in the infallibility of the Bible is no more.I can quote Scripture and do,but that is only to speak to Christers in a language they understand,it's not my final authority.How my body reacts is.He might very well have had no direct answer to the question of where Christ 'went'.
And I'm not at all advocating drug use/abuse for anyone.A village didn't have a bunch of Shamen,just one and hir apprentices,who took over when the old one was no more.Ya have to be marked for the task,like sick or epilectic or deformed some way.A shaman is one who enters a trance state.A true Shaman can come back with real useful information,such as which plants do what to heal.The bad Shaman is called the Sorcerer.These I equate to hard drug associators.
I can't for the life of me understand a Sacrament that required faith.I see Sacrament as a thing which does not require anything but doing and watching.And alcohol(which is microbe excreta)to me is the last thing I would associate with the Divine.That's just me.The point being that if you have a coherent Shaman nearby,you don't have to go there personally to get the info as s/he will do it for you.That's what we do.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with religion, it is an age old story.

Try and seperate religion from spirituality, from ritual, look past what you have been taught.

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ya the age old story is the conflict between religion and spirituality.This is why the Spaniards were so adamant at hunting down all they could find of the morning glory and mushroom "cults" in mesoamerica.Instead of trying these and perhaps incorporating the startlingly original insights into their cosmology,they asked for and got the command of their higher authority(the Church,of course)to wipe it out.
Same with the conflict between the 12.21.12 (an exact date and time) with the whole thief in the night,none but the father knows,etc.A deeper non conflictual interpretation would be that,if time ends at the appointed SECOND of 12.21.12,none will be able to know the hour,etc.if time is no more!
From my perspective,the whole religious conflict is seen in a context of truth being greater than any and all versions of religiosity.In other words,your beliefs fit within my framework:you're an apologist for a long discredited ritualistic remnant of a tribal custom filled with imponderables and sustained by faith.As my beliefs fit within yours,as an apostate deluded follower of a late drugged out bard who's death may have been accelerated by his drug abuse,as his thinking was fascinating,yet disordered,ya?
The priest vs the shaman.And the priests run the show here now through their servants the cops,courts and legislature.Or so they think.It was they who declared war on and term control of certain substances.Yet no true control exists if current trends are to be observed and extended into the future as use and abuse grow and grow.Then what? Only the Shaman knows.For sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join