It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No infected pigs found in Mexico.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And in the western state of Guerrero, 500 pigs were just killed after becoming ill with swine flu.

This quote was found in a previously linked article found HERE

It doesnt specify whether or not the hogs became infected before or after the initial outbreak.

And I havent read anything about the probability of human to hog infection. If anyone has information on this, it would be welcome.

Sorry if this was posted before. Unfortunately I didnt have the time to read all the pages of this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
[edit on 29-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inspiration1911
Lou Dobbs says that Top Government officials are expecting DEATHS from the US.
I also heard from a source that is a Mason, that the virus was structurally Engineered & NOT to take the anti-viral shot...& continue to take any other natural medicines to help against it.

ON another note, WHY dont they close the Borders alreadY? THey make up this excuse that they "Cant" contain it because its TOO late into the outbreak....but SERIOUSLY--its not like they Didnt know about it before they released it to the Pubic (which WAS the Perfect time to Close the Borders)

This is just another way to help SPREAD the Virus by keeping those borders open.
[edit on 28-4-2009 by Inspiration1911]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Inspiration1911]

Friend it’s no secret that they have know about this for many months. If you hadn’t heard, its only because it was not reported by the popular media.

A Mason Huh?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by LiquidLight

death sadens me no matter where it is found. i wonder about a relationship between dna and the virus. it could very well be that the poor standard of living leaves them more vulnerable in Mexico as you suggest. their immune systems would be weaker. another thought would be to draw a parallel to the horrific outbreak of deadly viruses brought to the americas by the european people. Mexican's are their descendents, so to speak. they could still be vulnerable to viruses to which europeans are not. this might be why it hasn't been so deadly in the americas where there are more descendants of the european people?

Whaa! Mexicans are perfectly healthy my friend, we may be vaccinated more but Mexicans have their own immunities from the tried and true, old fashioned method. I suspect they just dont go to the hospital until they are on their death bed.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
it's manbirdpig!! where's al gore???

ROFLMAO

That is the best! I cannot believe I didn't think of that myself!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Valdes-Gonzalez ''Clinical trial of islet xenotransplantation in Mexico''.This hospital is in Mexico City a company in New Zealand was banned from doing the test so they went and found this guy in Mexico to do the experiments for them because Mexico had no laws restricting human pig trnsplants. THe New Zealand company was named Diatranz. The reason they were banned from doing it in New Zealand was because of the fear of swine human viruses that could result from such test.

Is there a source for this? This is very compelling and if it can be backed up would explain much.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

From what I heard is it can be transmitted bird to swine, swine to bird, swine to human and human to swine. Any combination.

Killing all the swine may help a bit but think of all the infected birds out there that have landed in the pig pens.

They fly across all the borders. We cant test them with heat sensors.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I may get in trouble for this one, but it's too funny to let pass:

"Apparently if you get the swine flu you have to use oinkment."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by siouxm

Xeno Advisory Committee Echoes Critics' Concerns
Sorry I didnt post the link with it originally.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

these guys should go to prison for crap like this I think. From 2002 though could it be related to this current outbreak?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Oh good God, I just thought....
WTF do we do when pigs can fly?!

Edit: haha sorry, forgot to add my point :-) Sure i heard on the radio today that Egypt are planning a big pig kill. Must be on here somewhere.
Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
And it seems the second reply just goesw to show how terrible and over used my joke was.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by and14263]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
appears the pigs don't have "swine flue" and BIG AG is potentially behind this nonsense with an assist to BIG Pharma

appears their was a virus was found in flies that reproduce in the pig waste..........from one of the BIGGEST industrial hog farms owned (50%) by the largest pig producing industrial company

www.financialsense.com...

this is worth a thread of it's own...A BIG ONE....but i'm pretty busy right now

the title of the above link is "flying pigs..Tamiflu...and Factory Farms"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This article from The Pig Site interested me because of how they deny the H1N1 being present in pigs but theis article is from september 2008 and talks directly about the virus in show pigs and how it keeps mutating.

The SIV Challenge

From Pfizer Animal Health. The evolving nature of the swine influenza virus (SIV) makes it hard to control, especially in show pigs.

When it comes to protecting your show pigs from the threat of disease, no vaccine can protect against everything. That is especially true with swine influenza virus (SIV), according to Max Rodibaugh, DVM, Swine Health Services, LLC, Frankfort, Indiana, USA.

"This virus is constantly changing and adapting to new conditions, which makes it more difficult to control," he explains. "But because it plays a role in causing respiratory problems and is a significant contributor to the porcine respiratory disease complex (PRDC), it poses a serious threat for swine herds." Show animals can face an even bigger threat from SIV due to the increased exposures they face at various shows throughout the season.

Over the years, SIV has evolved from one basic subtype - H1N1 - that used to occur mainly in fall [autumn] and early winter. In 1998, a new subtype - H3N2 - appeared. Researchers said it developed from human, swine and avian influenza viruses that had somehow combined. This subtype caused a swine flu epidemic because pigs were only immune to the H1N1 subtype. Some years after that, another subtype of SIV emerged - H1N2 - and it affected some pigs but was not as widespread.

Vaccines for SIV have been updated to protect against new subtypes of the virus but because new changes are always possible with this type of virus, no vaccine can guarantee to help protect animals against all strains of SIV. But research has found that protecting against two common subtypes is an effective animal health management tool. For example, FluSure® is an injectable vaccine that aids in preventing respiratory disease caused by SIV subtypes H1N1 and H3N2, which are the most often diagnosed subtypes in US herds.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The post I started here is relevant. Especially, if what Dr. Leonard Horowitz alleges is true or has any validity. So far I have had serval ad hominem attacks on the source that appear to be attempts to derail the thread. Right now I have to take one of my kids to the doctor for an asthma checkup and I am not thrilled about it.

Dr Leonard Horowitz follows Swine Flu trail, alleges criminal activity

If anyone wants to help research his claims please do. If what he says is true...omg.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
someone just read the damn link

www.financialsense.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Ok, I read your damn link

Everyone should read it!!

The ounce of prevention...SANITARY ANIMAL HUSBANDRY!...is cheaper than the pound of cure.

Nixon was right about Rummy..."He's a ruthless little bastard."

Ahhh...the 1950's...the golden years...of ridiculous statements and ideas! (Hey, I'm still waiting for my flying car and 30 hour a week job allowing for great times of recreation with the family
)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
Could the Mexican goverment be lieing about infected pigs for economic purposes?

I doubt it. They never were looking for infected pigs. They were looking for infected pig workers. This is a human virus. It most resembles a swine virus. You can't get it from kissing a sick pig, and you can't get it from eating bacon or pork. They are trying to find ground zero just to try to see how it originally mutated which would give them better clues in how to develop a vaccine for it. What they are not looking for is a very sick pig. And, it's not really a choice of the Mexican government to lie or not lie, this is the World Health Organization looking for it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, Mexico doesn't have the resources to test hogs for flu. Whoever did the testing (probably scientists from the US) didn't find any infected hogs. I doubt they tested more than a tiny fraction of the hogs suspected of harboring the infection. If any were infected, they may have been sent to market before the herd was tested. Or, maybe this flu didn't come from hogs.

It is entirely possible that this "swine" flu was transmitted by birds. Calling it swine flu is something of a misnomer. This virus has properties of swine, avian, and human flu. So the vector may well have been birds, not swine.

It is interesting to note that the index case was a five-year-old boy who lived at or near a hog farm. It might be a coincidence, but that would be something of a stretch.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

The reason they call it swine flu is because it is 8 parts swine one part human one part bird. The hype of changing the name is from the pork industry and I guess the other pork industry government.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
This virus has properties of swine, avian, and human flu. So the vector may well have been birds, not swine.

They were finding alot of dead birds when the bird flu was going to kill all of us. Haven't seen any news that they found any infected birds yet.

It is interesting to note that the index case was a five-year-old boy who lived at or near a hog farm. It might be a coincidence, but that would be something of a stretch.

It was a US owned hog farm and they supposedly tested all of them twice...no flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join