It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Veterans, Domestic Terrorists? - Above Politics 63

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Homer gets tough on comments by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano that military veterans could be susceptible to extremist recruiters or commit lone acts of violence. Martin and Homer talk about the implications of these comments and do they lead us further into the NWO conspiracy?

The elections in India and South Africa are highlighted and to end, UK special reporter Nef gives us the low down on the UK budget.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12e815000537.png[/atsimg]

ABOVE POLITICS Number 63, with Martin Bain and Homer Fife, from AboveTopSecret.com.
Show length is 29:25.
Direct link to show MP3 file: atsmix_3273.mp3 (10 mb)
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in your favorite MP3 utility/player: ABOVE POLITICS RSS feed
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in iTunes for your iPod: ABOVE POLITICS iTunes feed

ABOVE POLITICS is the alternative political program from AboveTopSecret.com, all content is copyright (2009) by AboveTopSecret.com and The Above Network, LLC, all rights reserved. No content of the program may be rebroadcast in part or in whole from any web domain other than ATSMIX.com or ABOVETOPSECRET.com without prior written permission of The Above Network, LLC.

International Reporters wanted for The Above Politics Show thread

The Above Politics Show Web Site

[edit on 4/25/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So if I get his right, President Obama's secretary of Home Land Security stated that all veterans are to be considered at risk of being domestic terrorists.

What an insult to all those who gave their lifes defending Europe. And does this insult include all those who landed during D-Day?

Can we expect the President to do the right thing and sack her?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
EVERYONE Needs to read what this MOUTH piece said..

I fall directly under her category as a potential domestic terrorist and I'm here to tell you, this was the final straw as far as I'm concerned with this administration..

I'm opposed to abortion on demand
I believe in the Bible
I am a Veteran

I guess all the years I spent in the Marines and in Police work, Sweating and Bleeding to defend Americans and the Constitution does not mean anything to this creature...!!!!!

That's it...

I'm done...

I tried, I really did; to be more understanding and to give these morons a chance.. What have they done?

Spending money on the environment while the economy is in the tank and people can't pay for food...
Raise my taxes so I am paying thousands more each year, and send me a check for 200 to make me happy...
Again and again attack what personal freedoms we have left...

NOW!!!
NOW!!!!

To label all of the Americans that have stood up and defended this country, to label us because of our religious beliefs, to label us for our personal convictions!!!!

This is nothing more than..

Believe as I do, or you are wrong...

What can we do?

I need to do something or I may just fulfill her expectations of me!!!

Semper
(One Proud Bible Believing, Anti Abortion on Demand, Vet)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Where does this stop?

We were free to, and did at every turn, criticize President Bush, but now it seems if we have an opinion that differs from Administration Policy, we can freely be labeled Domestic Terrorists..

Apparently the Democrats are NOT the party of personal freedoms..

This sucks

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Where are all the posts from those who backed Obama as president?

I had family who gave their life during WWII and if the UK Home Secretary had said something similar, the pressure on the PM to sack Home Secretary who be huge.

So why has President Obama not sacked this person? I am not American but I find these remarks offensive.

Where is the acountability of our elected leaders?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I can't wait to listen to this podcast.

I used to back Obama... but this is over the line. This is the new boss... the same as the old boss...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Napolitano has certainly gone off the deep alright . By her blanket logic the veterans who were unable to stand for the duration of an (enter name of your country commemorative day here ) would be considered a Nation Security. I hope she has enough sense to avoid any commemorative events although I wouldn't mind if a bunch Veterans took care of her in the deserved manner .

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So nice to find out that I'm a national security risk; a potential domestic terrorist.

I've served the citizens of this country in one uniform or another since 1979; paid my taxes and raised my child without government help and now according to this female of the species I'm a threat. Wow.

I guess my 80+ Dad is too; after all he fought in WW2, Korea and Vietnam; I"m sure that made him feel good.

Yeah, it's nice to know that I'm a domestic terrorist; I'm a vet and believe in the Bible. Sweet. I also raised my kid to believe in God and the Bible does that make my lovely child a domestic terrorist too?

Oh my goodness Semper not only are we terrorists but according to this female we raised terrorists.

Come on Barack do the right thing and fire her.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

As much as I agree, both parties are involved, not just one. I remember reading a bumper sticker that said 'BUSH KILLED THE CONSTITUTION, OBAMA WILL BURY IT'. Bush made the laws and bypasses Obama can use. At least, the ones we know of, there's probably more that go back decades.

Then again, do we know if Obama sanctioned this or is this an act of an individual?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I know thats what me and my buddies talk about all the time.

"Man I can't wait to ETS and join this ate up militia over by my house."

Get real Janet.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darky6K

As much as I agree, both parties are involved, not just one.
Then again, do we know if Obama sanctioned this or is this an act of an individual?

Nope...

The only people involved in this is Napolitano and her boss, Obama..

She made the statement and Obama has not fired her.

That is all it is... There is no need to be partisan or even political in this. It is simple.. She disgraced her office and every Veteran, Christian and citizen that has an opinion that differs from hers and Obama has supported her by not firing her.

Bush, Carter, Lincoln and Washington have nothing to do with this in any way shape or form.

Semper

[edit on 4/28/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I agree.

This is one thing that can't be pinned on W.

She said it and her boss hasn't punished her for it. What can you expect though, you have a President who doesn't know what it is to be in the military and a DHS who thinks that those who protect America are the potential threat to the country.

I have been giving President Obama the benefit of the doubt for 4 months now. If he doesn't respond to this in some way then it won't matter what he does from now on. He will be the worst President in history to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I didn't see the text of Napolitano's remarks yet. Maybe she's thinking of guys like McVeigh or Bo Gritz.

The SPLC plays up the threat of right-wing neo-Nazi gangs in the military also.

This is good in a way, like Jefferson's idea that it's better for the govt. to fear the citizens than vice versa. Maybe the Feds are getting worried about the public's reactions to the eliminated Bill of Rights.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dtom76
I didn't see the text of Napolitano's remarks yet. Maybe she's thinking of guys like McVeigh or Bo Gritz.

The SPLC plays up the threat of right-wing neo-Nazi gangs in the military also.

This is good in a way, like Jefferson's idea that it's better for the govt. to fear the citizens than vice versa. Maybe the Feds are getting worried about the public's reactions to the eliminated Bill of Rights.

You see this as somewhat as a good thing?

Maybe she should also worry about weird homosexual vets. They could be serial killers like Jeremy Dauhmer.

Maybe she should worry about all white americans. They could try and bring back the slave days.

Maybe she should worry about all nurses. They could be serial killers also.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The idea that our Vets could possibly be considered a domestic terrorist threat is sickening. It's more than sickening in my opinion to even say such a thing is blatantly vehemently treasonous.

People who fight and sacrifice for the safety security and liberty of this country deserve our respect, our admiration and our thanks. TO SAY THE LEAST!

To try and group classify these American heroes, and say that they are a domestic threat, when in fact they have done exactly the opposite and through their actions and bravery shown they have the best interests of our freedoms at heart is deplorable.

It's beyond deplorable it's a slap in the face of every brave man and woman that have ever gave the oath to protect and defend this nation. It's a direct insult to the founding fathers of our country who in a time of crisis rose up against an oppressive monarchy to free us all.

I may lean liberal for the most part but I cannot condone the words of Janet Napolitano. They in my opinion are the words of a domestic enemy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Something like kind of statement is only there for one thing , to make your neighbour keep an eye on you.

The 'terrorist' label is thrown around with little or no forethought by an administration that is scared of losing it's power over the citizen.

Being from the UK I find this comment unacceptable , veterans from ALL sides fought for what they believed in, and fought for ideals that had a huge impact on their culture.
To have an administration turn round and say that 'as near as damned ALL vets can be turned into terrorists' is lamentable, anyone can be a terrorist from a 12 year old child to an 90 year old woman. But the fact that the veterans have combat experience is what really worries them. A child can be given a bombvest , told to go to an area and blow someone up is easy if you find the right individual.
A veteran has seen combat, knows the risks and thinks about the actions / consequences.
Unfortunately the Governments think that simply because the system is failing that people are going to be angry and are to be watched, and they haven't enough watchers, so why not get the public to do the job for them.

'Your neighbour was a combat veteran, he COULD be a potential terrorist, watch him closely and monitor his actions, report any suspicsious behaviour to the authorites and get a prize.'

Veterans have made choices that affect lives , some we wouldn't think to take, they have laid their lives on the line for ALL of us , whether in the US or in Europe or any other country, I would NEVER , EVER belittle them with a comment like this .This person needs to be sacked, like a previous poster said if it happened here in the UK, they would have had HUGE pressure on them to be gotten rid of.

But because it's in the US the people living there seem to think that the US government knows what its doing and what it's talking about.
If the US Government want to point the 'terrorist' finger at anyone they only need to look in the mirror and not at the citizenry.

[edit on 29/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can't believe this nightmare is actually happening!!! I fall in then same catagory as some of you. My wife freaked out when she heard about Phase 5 Level alert on the pandemic scare. I have given 20 years of my life to make sure this country has ran smoothely, making sure everyone had what they needed, making sure that every car was covered on car parts, making sure every patient in hospitals had medicine and pharmacutical product for the equality of life, and now, this crap of being labeled a terrorist for my fellow Americans? I've worked with all kinds of officials, and nice people too.
So, while I am on one side of this life as an american, working with people like the marine, policeman, the one that also served...I can't stand this idiotic inhuman, unhuman thinking any longer! Hell, this flu scare isn't nothing compared to what is really at work here...I don't give a damn how sick I get, they ARE NOT GONNA TAKE MY COUNTRY AWAY FROM MY CHILDREN OR YOURS...I am outraged, so, I guess our American revolution will begin soon, whether we're sick or not...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well, isn't this nice? My father, all his brothers, my mothers one surviving brother, all my sisters, my brother, and myself to a lesser extent, though not much...are to be considered national security risks? For what? Believing in God, serving our country in peacetime and in several wars...owning firearms, and last but not least, daring at some point to disagree with our lord and masters in Washington DC...

...I dare to voice that disagreement so I'm on the list? Given some of the people I'm on that list with...Proudly so. But you know what? There's another list, it's the list this one term clown and his incompetent, tax-evading bunch of psychphantic yes men are on; right along with Congress. It's called the do not reelect list.

[sarcasm]
Where, I wonder, are all the so very vocal supporters of Mr. Obama now? Did I say Mr. Obama? What I meant to say is His Wannabe Imperial Majesty Barak the First and Most Glorious, first king of America and Saviour of the World...[/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmm..................
Let's see.
I am the proud son of a vet.
I am a vet.
I am a God fearing man. While I judge no one on who they worship, I make it clear that I wear a cross around my neck.
Do I consider myself a terrorist? Let's look at that. Am I a terrorist?
Would I die to defend my country? Yes.
Would I throw myself on top of a civvie to protect them? Yes.
Would I use force to stop something bad being accomplished? Yes.
Would I hurt anyone without cause? NO!
Would I hurt anyone due to their ethnicity, sexual preference, or religous belief? NO!
I am a proud defender of all. Even animals, though I must admit that being a vegetarian is against my rules.
Being brave is a funny thing. Willing to die to protect is very different than being suicidal.
Pretending to be brave by blowing up a public gathering is very different than jumping into an enemy area and 'greeting' true enemy.
I do not consider myself a terrorist.
Shameful words Ms. Napolitano.
Mr. President. I support you, but this is shameful. I am as insulted as if someone called you an N-word.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am proud to be politically labeled a rightwing extremist.

I did not vote for BHO.
I do not support his alleged 'vetting process'.
I do not approve of any of his appointments.
I do not support any of his "never waste a crisis" policies.
I am a vet; I am the son of a vet; I am the grandson of a vet.
I am opposed to abortion on demand and late term 'Tiller' abortions.
I am a Christian.
I believe that most BHO supporters are outright hypocrities.
I believe liberalism and progressivism will be the downfall of this country.
I do not agree with amnesty for illegal immigrants.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

My only remaining comment is one that many should take heed to:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;