It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

There is only one idea that will work. Lock your door, have food enough to last a month, dont let anyone in who wasnt with you when you locked the door and keep your fingers crossed.

Respects

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mommy4life

Yes, I just saw this on the news, Indiana in unconfirmed as yet. They sent out 2 samples from people that came in with the flu to see if it was the same thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmantn

So right you are. My best wishes for your health.

There's always going to be a natural lag between people getting sick and anybody else finding out about it.

What I've been trying to get a handle on is the acceleration rate. My best guess right now is that if this isn't terribly contagious, then we'll see the numbers slowly spike after a couple of days, then rapidly drop off.

If, however, this is moderately to highly contagious, then they will climb geometrically, doubling at a shrinking time rate. Watch out if the doubling rate drops to under 24 hours.

The problem is trying to assess what numbers are correct. The best and fastest way seems to be right here, collating reports like yours. Please keep us abreast as you can.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The number of cases of suspected swine flu in New Zealand has jumped to 66.

The infected are all people who have been in Mexico or the United States in the past few weeks and have flu-like symptoms, plus the 10 members of a Rangitoto College tour group who have tested positive for influenza A, the parent virus of swine flu.

www.newstalkzb.co.nz...

link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
Does anyone have any smart ideas on what people can do to be safe and maybe a good list of foods,herbs,vitamins ect. that people should be taking/eating that will help against this stuff?

What we NEED is a good plan that people can go by. Folks here in arizona are starting to panic and yet most people dont really know what steps they should be taking to ensure their safety. Any ideas?

Those pile of coffins in north phoenix are not putting anyone at ease!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by trig_grl]

Remember: most deaths so far seem to be the result of cytokine storms, that is, an over-reaction of healthy, active immune systems that results in a feedback loop. So boosting your immune system may be counter-productive. Sorry, but right now there just isn't much solid information to go on but that; taking standard anti-flu precautions should help.

link   
Just friggin lovely.

WHO raises pandemic alert to phase 4

Level means sustained human-to-human transmission is causing outbreaks

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
From the british Foreign office

news.sky.com...

"British nationals resident in or visiting Mexico may wish to consider whether they should remain in Mexico at this time," it said.

The FCO revised its advice after the World Health Organisation warned countries to prepare for a full-blown pandemic.

It raised its alert level and conceded it was now impossible to contain the virus.

Cant help but think that its not clever asking people from mexico to come back to the uk. I feel bad about thinking it, but I do.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Southern Mexico just had a 6.0 earthquake.

This isnt going to help if there's significant damage and injury, all those people in the streets..

article.wn.com...

Southern Mexico was hit by a 6.0 magnitude earthquake today that shook buildings in the capital, Mexico City, but there were no immediate reports of deaths or damage. Hundreds of people evacuated buildings in the capital,...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I really think the acceleration rate is the key with this too. How fast this think is moving, I believe is the key.

link   
i think its time for the cdc to ask all americans who have been to mexico in the last month to self impose a quarantine on themselves.
people who went to mexico is obviously how the virus is spreading all across the globe.

the best way to fight this right now is to keep from infecting others.

please if you have just been to mexico consider the fact you may have this swine flu.

please stay away from the public.

link   
Ok its been a long day, tomorrow will no doubt be longer. Take care everyone, catch up tomorrow. Be safe.

Respects

link   
AP: NJ identifies 5 probable swine flu cases among recent travelers to Mexico, California

Fifth case of Swine Flu reported in county; school closes in Mira Mesa
www.thevillagenews.com...

link   

BreakingNewsAP: NJ identifies 5 probable swine flu cases among recent travelers to Mexico, California.

2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Damn right...I've been glued to this all day... I MUST go to bed.

Peace everyone

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Fortunetly it's only 9pm here so I'll be posting updates for atleast another 3 hours or so.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
UPDATE: Two Portuguese women have been quarentined in Sintra, just outside of Lisbon. Both are going to be tested for the H1N1 strain of the virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Envoy says virus didn't originate in Mexico

The deadly A/H1N1 swine flu virus did not originate in Mexico but in Eurasia, Mexico's ambassador to China Jorge Guajardo said on Monday.

Citing the results of a study in his country, he said: "Somebody from Eurasia first got infected and took it to Mexico," causing the outbreak.

"Mexican laboratories will try their best to identify the source of the virus (within 72 hours) to find a proper treatment", he told a press conference.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

- Its Bioterror, bioterror, it is bioterror! - "Act of war by..." ( Tell yo later! )

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Update

BreakingNewsCBS 2 HD has learned of a confirmed case of swine flu at the Ernst & Young headquarters in Times Square.

half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Sounds like finger pointing has begun, the most redundant of the human favorite pasttimes.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Ten tested for swine flu

Ten Queenslanders are being tested for deadly swine flu and one passenger has been detained after returning from Los Angeles displaying symptoms.

Two other people in Queensland were cleared of the virus on Monday after exhibiting symptoms and another two were cleared during the weekend.

www.stuff.co.nz...

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join