It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 443
<< 440  441  442    444  445  446 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

That's my point Eco, a few weeks ago, the UK were gloating how well prepared we were (compared to other nations), so we can dish out reserves of Tamiflu to anyone one has the 'sniffles' or had contact with victims without themselves showing symptoms.

Before the media black-out, a news crew were outside a school and were filming parents in a car showing how they were given Tamiflu as a preventative.

I just thought it strange that the drug is to be used as a purge mechanism if you show symptoms in the first 48hours, as you are aware. Not as a 'preventative' to be taken by concerned parents, perhaps exacerbating later infections as your white blood cell count will have been compromised.

You'll find publications online to the contrary but I have it direct from a team who researches anti virals that you can take Tamiflu as a preventative and then take it again if you were to become infected and it will still be just as effective. There are some other differences in the dosage prescribed vs. what actually works - keep in mind that all drugs have to be dosed out according to "happy medium" rules that cannot be dosed by patient mass or other more "controllable" factors. The 75mg x 2 per day for 5 days is a dosage meant to cover the majority of the population for a time period long enough for "most" viral infections. The reality is that the effective dose and time period varies form person to person and you can gain the desired effect with as few as 2-4 doses.

The mitigating factor is that should you not take the Tamiflu long enough to be effective you can actually trigger a Tamiflu resistance in the virus so it's important for everyone to take the "overkill" dose. It's a time delay tactic though because eventually the virus will develop resistance to any drug which attacks it. The flu virus mutates for survival better than just about every other virus in the World.

Tamiflu has other side effects and health contraindications which make taking it full time as a preventative not just a bad idea but a very unpleasant experience. The drug creates a fever on it's own in quite a few of the people taking it and has some very scary brain chemistry interactions which create rapid state of mind changes with the worst effects in teens followed by children and less so in adults. There are legitimate white papers in the "classified" folders at the DHS and DOD which describe the wide spread use of Tamiflu and it's sister medications creating public disorder, outbreaks of violence such as rioting and so on. Perhaps another reason the US has been limiting the hand out of the drug so severely?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by isaacbrown

I agree that everything "medically related" should be used with restraint and moderation except in the most extreme life threatening conditions and then by someone who knows what they are doing.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Night Watchman

Does this mean you are taking me off your foe list???

I didn't say I liked you, I said that I appreciate the information you're sharing.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneInDarkness
I noticed that someone posted "The History of the Synthetic H1N1 flu virus" etc... a while back and I just read it fully..Now I am not agreeing with any conspiracy theorist but just saying I read this part.

What is different about A/H1N1 is that, unlike other new strains of viruses that rapidly mutate upon emerging and then slow down mutation and then stop entirely, the “novel” or incorrectly-named “swine flu” is showing no signs yet of slowing down its mutation rate and that, according to scientists who worry about A/H1N1 being synthetically-generated, does not happen in nature.

So the virus is continuing to mutate without slowing down? And that is not supposed to happen huh, I really don't like that it is in a way "defying nature". Anyways, wouldn't that make a new vaccine moot?

I had posted about this in a description of the reasons why the virus is felt to be "man-made" in a bio lab by the genetic researchers so I'll take a shot at it. (I can't remember who also posted about it if someone else did).

The flu virus constantly mutates in a process Dr Niman pioneered the discovery research for which he labeled "recombination". The virus will grab genetic material and swap it out with it's own material from the host, other viruses and even medications. It does this in order to survive and develop better ways to overcome the hosts immune system. A virus isn't "intelligent" in the sense of being "aware" with a conscious but it is extremely intelligent in the form of an artificial intelligence or automated biological robot.

The "rapid mutation" of this virus is a reference to the speed with which it makes the mutations. Other viruses mutate just as much but the process takes time and is filled with good and bad choices (so to speak) in the mutations the virus performs. This virus makes an extremely out of the ordinary number of "good choices" which makes the process of overcoming the hosts immune system "accelerated".

This is an indication that the virus has been optimized in the laboratory to attack a desired host. This is one of the characteristics one would look for in a "weaponized" virus. (Influenza is not a virus desired for weaponization due to it's unpredictability and inability to control). These same optimizations are used in the process of vaccine research and production and bioweapon defensive study.

I hope that helps explain it better.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I spent some time researching H1N1 this morning and I've learned that there may be a correlation between arsenic found in our drinking water and susceptibility to the H1N1 virus.

Low levels of arsenic, commonly found in tap water, may increase susceptibility to the H1N1 virus, Dartmouth Medical School researchers reported Wednesday in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives online. The researchers found that mice given water contaminated with arsenic had “increased susceptibility” to the H1N1 virus, which includes the swine flu strain responsible for the current international outbreak.
SOURCE.

I've learned that well water is not regulated and may contain higher levels of arsenic. Joshua Hamilton, scientist at the Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) and Dartmouth Medical School, has explored the relationship between arsenic levels in drinking water and H1N1, and here's an interesting article where he mentions that high levels of arsenic in Mexico's well water may have contributed to to them being more susceptible to getting the swine flu:

"One thing that did strike us, when we heard about the recent H1N1 outbreak, is Mexico has large areas of very high arsenic in their well water, including the areas where the flu first cropped up. We don't know that the Mexicans who got the flu were drinking high levels of arsenic, but it's an intriguing notion that this may have contributed," Hamilton says.
SOURCE

He also mentions well water in the U.S. which may contain higher levels of arsenic:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers 10 ppb arsenic in drinking water "safe," yet concentrations of 100 ppb and higher are commonly found in well water in regions where arsenic is geologically abundant, including upper New England (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine), Florida, and large parts of the Upper Midwest, the Southwest, and the Rocky Mountains, Hamilton says.
SOURCE

Here's something else I found interesting:

Dartmouth scientists found that mice exposed to low levels of arsenic were not able to fight against H1N1, leading the researchers to believe that water contaminated with arsenic compromises immunity against H1N1 swine flu. The findings may explain deaths from pneumonia related to H1N1 (swine) flu.
SOURCE

I have to get ready for work and don't have much more time to explore this further, but before I get ready, I'll provide some links to other articles which touch on this subject:

Swine Flu: Influenza A (H1N1) Suspectibility Linked to Common Levels of Arsenic Exposure

Arsenic exposure may make you more susceptible to H1N1 flu

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I posted the "The History of the Synthetic H1N1 flu virus" etc article -
and I had read where you were explaining it prior.

The last explanation/information that you gave is great -
I am not pasting and copying because it would make for too long of a post -
but I certainly would suggest that everyone read or re-read what you have written.

Thanks for clarification.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm so out of it I forgot to answer your vaccine related question.

No matter how much the virus mutates it retains certain features which identify it as being unique. A vaccine is just a way to tip off the immune system so it recognizes the virus as an invader and attacks it immediately before it can gain a foothold in the system and infect enough cells to overcome the immune response.

The vaccine will be tuned to as stable a part of the virus as possible. It's a guessing game and one that gets played every flu season. They should be able to create a vaccine that retains the ability to tip off the immune system even with the mutations but if the virus was allowed to rampage freely for another year the vaccine would need to be re-designed.

If they can vaccine enough people the virus will not have any hosts to move to and should die out. That doesn't mean the virus won't come back in a year or few or decades from now but it will have to mutate quite a bit. Every flu vaccine people take has the possibility of giving them immunity from future flu outbreaks, it just depends on how long it's been since the vaccine and the genetic make up of the virus.

If it weren't' for the fact there have been nefarious uses of vaccines in the past it would be an excellent example of health science. It's really sad and a huge indictment of humanity that we have to fear taking the vaccine out of concern it will give us all cancer or sterilize many of us. It's just another reason why humanity needs to work together to eliminate the current power elite and design better political systems which prevent the future rise of other people of their ilk.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
I spent some time researching H1N1 this morning and I've learned that there may be a correlation between arsenic found in our drinking water and susceptibility to the H1N1 virus.

Low levels of arsenic, commonly found in tap water, may increase susceptibility to the H1N1 virus, Dartmouth Medical School researchers reported Wednesday in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives online. The researchers found that mice given water contaminated with arsenic had “increased susceptibility” to the H1N1 virus, which includes the swine flu strain responsible for the current international outbreak.
SOURCE.

I've learned that well water is not regulated and may contain higher levels of arsenic. Joshua Hamilton, scientist at the Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) and Dartmouth Medical School, has explored the relationship between arsenic levels in drinking water and H1N1, and here's an interesting article where he mentions that high levels of arsenic in Mexico's well water may have contributed to to them being more susceptible to getting the swine flu:

"One thing that did strike us, when we heard about the recent H1N1 outbreak, is Mexico has large areas of very high arsenic in their well water, including the areas where the flu first cropped up. We don't know that the Mexicans who got the flu were drinking high levels of arsenic, but it's an intriguing notion that this may have contributed," Hamilton says.
SOURCE

He also mentions well water in the U.S. which may contain higher levels of arsenic:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers 10 ppb arsenic in drinking water "safe," yet concentrations of 100 ppb and higher are commonly found in well water in regions where arsenic is geologically abundant, including upper New England (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine), Florida, and large parts of the Upper Midwest, the Southwest, and the Rocky Mountains, Hamilton says.
SOURCE

Here's something else I found interesting:

Dartmouth scientists found that mice exposed to low levels of arsenic were not able to fight against H1N1, leading the researchers to believe that water contaminated with arsenic compromises immunity against H1N1 swine flu. The findings may explain deaths from pneumonia related to H1N1 (swine) flu.
SOURCE

I have to get ready for work and don't have much more time to explore this further, but before I get ready, I'll provide some links to other articles which touch on this subject:

Swine Flu: Influenza A (H1N1) Suspectibility Linked to Common Levels of Arsenic Exposure

Arsenic exposure may make you more susceptible to H1N1 flu

Be careful about this type of stuff in the months and years to come. There might very well be something to it but it's become a habit for every scientist in need of grant money to latch onto whatever current public health event is in the media in order to attach each of their own theories or areas of research onto.

I'm not saying this scientist is doing this or that his theory is complete bull#.

I'm just saying to keep in mind the following:
1. Almost no one knows what really happened in Mexico or their own town in relation to this flu.
2. Studies based on the public statistics and case data are working from a stacked deck. We've already caught the CDC and WHO muddying the water in all kinds of ways.
3. There are a myriad of "mitigating factors" between Mexico and the first World nations. Picking a single element out of that stack would take years of close study.

The main difference between what we saw in Mexico and the US is a combination of cultural differences, availability of health care, availability of anti viral drugs and the physical timing of the event. I can't rule out arsenic in the water as a contributing factor but I can "rule in" scientists who need research funds and a medical / political / big pharma system that needs a large number of "excuses" to explain away its failures.

Just remain very skeptical with the coming slew of explanations is all I'm saying.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

I posted the "The History of the Synthetic H1N1 flu virus" etc article -
and I had read where you were explaining it prior.

The last explanation/information that you gave is great -
I am not pasting and copying because it would make for too long of a post -
but I certainly would suggest that everyone read or re-read what you have written.

Thanks for clarification.

I thought someone else had posted a related piece, thanks for reminding me. If you can add to the explanation or point out some reference material for those interested that would be great.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm feeling a bit tired again but thanks to everyone for a compelling lunch time discussion. The membership here at ATS continues to prove itself an amazing resource for intelligent discourse and inspiration.

I don't know which one of you smart asses suggested me as an interview subject to Jeff Rense but if we were to take over his show for a night with call in questions and ideally someone like Dr Niman involved it might be a worthwhile addition to the cause.

If any of you agree feel free to contact the Rense show via the email link on his website (rense.com). We may still do our own podcast Q&A thing but I'm waiting to hear back from Dr Niman and a couple of other resources I've asked to participate.

Things are a bit quiet right now. A large number of my contacts are either sick themselves or caring for a family member. I'll be making the rounds later to see if there is anything important to share. Otherwise I'll check back in later today / this evening to see if anyone needs or wants to talk.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Thank you for your insights, Eco. I have only just discovered this possible link between H1N1 and arsenic in my research and am simply reporting it and studying it further. I have to leave for work in just a minute, but before I run, I will mention that I've also just scratched the surface in exploring this. I've just learned that we can ingest arsenic not only in our water, but also in food, through pesticides which are used in gardens, and in cigarettes. I also learned that both chickens and pigs are given feed which contain unregulated amounts of arsenic. We then eat these same chickens and pigs.

Arsenic-based feed additives are given to pigs and poultry in some countries in order to increase their weight. Some of the arsenic compound is excreted in the chickens’ faeces, but some is retained in the chickens' liver. Chicken meat in the US contains three to four times as much arsenic as other types of meat.
SOURCE.

Arsenic is a toxic heavy metal known to cause cancer in humans. People are exposed to arsenic when they consume arsenic-contaminated food or water, breathe contaminated air, or smoke cigarettes. A form of arsenic called roxarsone is commonly added to poultry and swine feed to promote growth, prevent diseases and improve skin color. Although this practice is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, concerns about potential public health risks have been raised.
SOURCE.

Is there a positive link between H1N1 and arsenic? I don't know, but I certain plan to continue researching the subject. Now, I have to get my butt out the door and go to work!

Hope you feel better soon!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I'm feeling a bit tired again but thanks to everyone for a compelling lunch time discussion. The membership here at ATS continues to prove itself an amazing resource for intelligent discourse and inspiration.

I don't know which one of you smart asses suggested me as an interview subject to Jeff Rense but if we were to take over his show for a night with call in questions and ideally someone like Dr Niman involved it might be a worthwhile addition to the cause.

If any of you agree feel free to contact the Rense show via the email link on his website (rense.com). We may still do our own podcast Q&A thing but I'm waiting to hear back from Dr Niman and a couple of other resources I've asked to participate.

Things are a bit quiet right now. A large number of my contacts are either sick themselves or caring for a family member. I'll be making the rounds later to see if there is anything important to share. Otherwise I'll check back in later today / this evening to see if anyone needs or wants to talk.

Thank you so much. Now I understand the method of vaccination better and understand its mutation abilities. That clarifies things much. If I find anything else interesting I will continue to post here. Thanks again eco! and every other member posting on here!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Health officials confirm H1N1 flu case

BY BETH VELLIQUETTE AND DAN E. WAY : The Herald-Sun
May 23, 2009

CHAPEL HILL -- An Orange County resident who works at a pediatric clinic in Durham has been confirmed as having a case of the H1N1 -- or, swine -- flu. At least 25 patients and health care workers were exposed before the ill person reported symptoms to a supervisor and took sick leave from work, health officials said Friday night.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
CIDRAP Novel H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu) Resource List
For those that don't know CIDRAP is Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy. The link listed has a lot of useful links to different resources for news and information.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Kuwait Reports First Cases of A/H1N1 among U.S. Soldiers

Kuwait has detected first confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 among U.S. soldiers who used the Gulf Arab state as a transit point, the state news agency reported on Saturday, citing a Health Ministry official.

Kuwaiti health officials discovered the U.S. soldiers were infected with the fatal flu when they arrived in Kuwait, Health Undersecretary Dr. Ibrahim Al-Abdulhadi told the official KUNA news agency.

The U.S. soldiers were completely quarantined in their military base located in Arifjan, 70 km south of the capital city, he said, noting that the American soldiers were given appropriate medication.

The undersecretary, however, did not give the number of the infected cases.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
swine flu causes heart attack and nervous symptoms? (ats thread)

i just asked another member about this issue....
but now (after reading this thread) i'm even more concerned....

is there any word out there that the swine flu can cause unexplainable panic attacks or tachycardia?

i have been having these strange symptoms the last couple days...my boyfriend has too. when it happens it feels as if i am going to have a panic attack...my heart races...and i get really sick to my stomach. it lasts for a longer period of time than a panic attack but doesn't get any worse than a racing heart and near vomiting...
we've also been really sick to our stomachs...in the bathroom a lot, if you know what i mean. and just generally get waves of that "hit by a truck" feeling...

we both had a pretty serious flu 2-3 months ago...
2-4 weeks ago one of my boyfriends co workers was confirmed as having swine flu...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
swine flu causes heart attack and nervous symptoms? (ats thread)

i just asked another member about this issue....
but now (after reading this thread) i'm even more concerned....

is there any word out there that the swine flu can cause unexplainable panic attacks or tachycardia?

i have been having these strange symptoms the last couple days...my boyfriend has too. when it happens it feels as if i am going to have a panic attack...my heart races...and i get really sick to my stomach. it lasts for a longer period of time than a panic attack but doesn't get any worse than a racing heart and near vomiting...
we've also been really sick to our stomachs...in the bathroom a lot, if you know what i mean. and just generally get waves of that "hit by a truck" feeling...

we both had a pretty serious flu 2-3 months ago...
2-4 weeks ago one of my boyfriends co workers was confirmed as having swine flu...

A feeling of "anxiety" and inability to rest has been described by a large number of the infected. I haven't had that exact symptom myself quite so much probably thanks to medication.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Thats the problem with this virus........everything we should know about this virus is being kept from us.......

I have heard rumors of it causing heart attacks........but I cannot confirm anything at this point..........Eco and his people are looking into the "drop dead" aspect of this virus........maybe he can shed some light in your direction.......

What are you taking for your immune system??

There is a lot of good info buried in this thread.........If you look up XOXO Stacie's post you will find a homemade tamiflu tea..........

Personally I have had two episodes with the flu in the past 3 weeks........I have been letting my immune system work through it on its own with vitamin supplements........but thats just me and I have been able to fight it off..........this virus is affecting everyones immune system differently.........

I have bought colloidal silver but have yet to use it...........

Eco in one of his last post says it seems to be working on some of his symptoms.........and many others swear by it...............

Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question............but stay posted I am sure someone here maybe able to provide more informaton for you.......

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Spc. Crystal Joy Carney, 21, of Houston, was found unresponsive in a house on the post Sunday and was pronounced dead of unknown causes after emergency personnel arrived, according to a Fort Hood news release issued Thursday.

Does anyone know anything about this case??

www.chron.com...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

haha you are the user i asked! lol
anyways...

could it be that these cases that "drop dead" DO have symptoms...subtle symptoms that they may not complain about but do notice?

EDIT:

clouds, thank you, i will go through the home remedies posted in the thread...
so far i haven't been taking anything, until the last few days i just assumed that IF i had it earlier this year, i got over it. i still hope this is the case...

so far all i've taken is chamomile tea and honey (for symptoms) more so now what i'm trying to do is not get my heart going for any reason...the chamomile has actually helped with the uneasiness also though.
oh, i also make sure to get a couple really good doses of sun screen free sunshine now....

i'm definitely going to be trying some star anise...
and vitamin c.

new topics

top topics

<< 440  441  442    444  445  446 >>

join